Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2022, 07:05 PM
    Why do we listen to her?
    She is, I think, about 20 years old and has never really accomplished anything of note, and yet people seem to look to her in making policy decisions. Why?

Climate activist Greta Thunberg argued against taking Germany's remaining nuclear power plants offline, an apparent reversal on an energy source she has previously said she is against.
    "I personally think it's a very bad idea to focus on coal when [nuclear power] is already in place," Thunberg told German public television Tuesday, according to a Deutsche Welle report.
    The comments come as Germany and other European countries grapple with an energy crisis amid Russia's ongoing war in Ukraine, with most of the continent cut off from Russian natural gas they were previously dependent on for energy.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/greta-...9b97121cf61dda
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2022, 04:20 AM
    Why ? Because not listening to her makes one an ableist . Her positions cannot be challenged because she is autistic .

The Attacks Against Greta Thunberg is Ableism at its Most Visible – The Sophian
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2022, 10:52 AM
    The loons are out in force. A couple of dweebs who have a bug up their arse about oil threw tomato soup all over Van Gogh's 'Sunflowers' at the London National Gallery . Then one of them that sounded like a Greta clone went into an incoherent rant
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 11:09 AM
    Her rant was VERY coherent, very clearly stated. "There is some minor damage to the frame but the painting is unharmed,” police said.

Please stop dissing autism. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2022, 11:16 AM
    vanadalism against art is an attack on civilization Her rant was absurd ;a lame justification for the attempted destruction of art . I see her act as no different than the Taliban destruction of the Budda at Bamyan .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 11:27 AM
    The artwork was not harmed.

Speaking of an attack on civilization, good thing no one has ever climbed the walls of the Capitol building, broken its windows, vandalized and even destroyed objects inside, plus pooped and peed on the floors and walls.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2022, 12:35 PM
    The artwork was not harmed.
    Their intent was to damage it .

Speaking of an attack on civilization, good thing no one has ever climbed the walls of the Capitol building, broken its windows, vandalized and even destroyed objects inside, plus pooped and peed on the floors and walls.
    or did 1-2 billion of $$ in damages in cities around the country ;vandalizing countless buildings torching buildings including an attempt at torching a Federal courthouse while blockading exits . The City of Portland was under siege for months by the Dem enabled Antifa .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Their intent was to damage it .
    No, their intent was to get people's attention and then make a point.

(They found out ahead of time that the artwork wouldn't be damaged.)
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2022, 01:09 PM
    So vandalism against major pieces of
    art is fine so long as the intent is noble?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So vandalism against major pieces of
    art is fine so long as the intent is noble?
    Ask the guys who stormed the Capitol.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2022, 01:29 PM
    (They found out ahead of time that the artwork wouldn't be damaged.)
    source ???Or is that in your imagination like the words you added to Clueless comments in the other post about his comments about Beau ?
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2022, 01:44 PM
    Ask the guys who stormed the Capitol.
    No one is making excuses for that. Everyone who broke the law should be prosecuted. Do you feel the same way about the painting vandals?? Please answer that question as opposed to dodging it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 01:45 PM
    No one is making excuses for that. Everyone who broke the law should be prosecuted. Do you feel the same way about the painting vandals?? Please answer that question as opposed to dodging it.
    The painting wasn't harmed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 01:53 PM
    No one is making excuses for that. Everyone who broke the law should be prosecuted.
    Why isn't "everyone"?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2022, 02:15 PM

so let me get this straight . An act of attempted vandalisim is acceptable becuase their attempt was unsuccessful.

while we are at it we still do not address the absurdity of their attempted vandalism as a message .

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 02:42 PM

so let me get this straight . An act of attempted vandalisim is acceptable becuase their attempt was unsuccessful.

while we are at it we still do not address the absurdity of their attempted vandalism as a message .
    Yet the vandalism et. al. on January 6 WAS deliberate AND successful. Now what?

Why was tomato soup thrown at that OIL painting?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2022, 03:13 PM
    Yet the vandalism et. al. on January 6 WAS deliberate AND successful. Now what?
    Yet the vandalism arson and murdeer , after the death of George Floyd that lasted for months ,who was jacked up with lethal levels of fentynl ;was deliberate and successful Now what ?

Why was tomato soup thrown at that OIL painting?
    Because in their twisted sick minds they were linking the use of fossil fuels with hunger .Stupid and bizzarro just like most environmental wackos The use of fossil fuels have dragged millions from a life of hunger and poverty .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 03:26 PM
    Yet the vandalism arson and murdeer , after the death of George Floyd that lasted for months ,who was jacked up with lethal levels of fentynl ;was deliberate and successful Now what ?
    The George Floyd who was unnecessarily and brutally murdered by police?
    Because in their twisted sick minds they were linking the use of fossil fuels with hunger .Stupid and bizzarro just like most environmental wackos The use of fossil fuels have dragged millions from a life of hunger and poverty .
    The exploration for, development of, and production of fossil fuels will be the death of this planet.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2022, 03:35 PM
    Dozens of people have been charged from 1/6. Many are being held without bail. Where have you been?

I knew you would not answer my question. Any question that seems threatening to your position causes you to run like a frightened child. I leave you with Tom and wish him good luck.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2022, 03:46 PM
    Dozens of people have been charged from 1/6. Many are being held without bail. Where have you been?
    They ALL should be charged.

I answered your question, JL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need someone to listen to me [ 4 Answers ]

I am a fourteen year old boy who is very privileged, I am always at the top of my class but my parents never seem to be satisfied. My mom overreacts about everything and my dad is the only one who I feel understands me but lately none of them have been understanding. All through my life I have...

My son will not listen to me [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 yr old son and he will not listen to me at all he screams at me and tells me to shut up he is so disrespectful to me I have done all I know to do I have taken things away I have whipped him put him his room grounded him I don't know what else to do he will tell me he is not going to do...

Someone Please Listen & Help [ 3 Answers ]

Well here is the situation, March 2012 had a normal period flow, Then after my flow had sex multiple times. April 20th had spotting one time that day, I was expected my period on 4/20/12 never got anymore blood. Since then I've felt cramping, tenderness, tiredness, nauseousness, 4/26/12 I...

My son does not listen to me [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 15years of age and now is in grade 10 with board exams to attend this year.He is not taking his responsibility of studying regularly seriously.he is very very intelligent but dislikes to study but knows its importance.I have done all I could to help him with studies but the results are...

View more questions Search