Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2022, 04:49 AM
    REPUBS have left an opportunity for the Dems
    Will they seize it ? Probably not . Veronique DeRugy in Reason Mag says that since the Repubs seem hell bent on becoming Dem lite ;there is an opening for the Dems to grab the baton from the Repubs to become the party of opportunity .

Very often, the better approach is to create the best possible environment for people to improve their lives over the long haul. To this end, government should avoid penalizing investment, thwarting competition, discouraging innovation and work, and obstructing production. Only by liberating people to engage in these activities will we experience the sustained drop in prices, improved quality of goods and services, and increased access that Democrats want.
    Why should Democrats embrace what might sound like conservative talking points? As conservatives encroach more and more into government control over the economy, progressives, who've failed at their traditional approach for decades, have nothing to lose.

How Could Democrats Really Be the Party of Opportunity? (reason.com)

She argues that this is happening in some local Dem enclaves (none that I have seen ;but until last year I lived in a hopelessly blue state where they have not entertained new approaches in at least 2 decades ).

I think this is wishful thinking .All indicators is the the Dems will continue to drift further left to social progressive ;throw money at a problem and deep state remedies .
    The Slimes calls moderate Dems a vanishing breed .
    The Vanishing Moderate Democrat - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2022, 05:36 AM
    Very often, the better approach is to create the best possible environment for people to improve their lives over the long haul. To this end, government should avoid penalizing investment, thwarting competition, discouraging innovation and work, and obstructing production. Only by liberating people to engage in these activities will we experience the sustained drop in prices, improved quality of goods and services, and increased access that Democrats want.
    I like this person!! Still, it is foolishness to think that dems will embrace that. It would require them to abandon their fundamental position that they must control us.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2022, 06:01 AM
    She is one of my favorites . She is a regular at the Mercatus Center at George Mason U .

She shows no mercy to either party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dems new gun grab [ 21 Answers ]

There is a new 100 page bill working it's way rapidly through Congress that would place a ban on semi-automatic guns. They want to pass it before the end of August. It is now in the Judiciary Committee. Democrats push for 1st semi-automatic gun ban in 20 years | AP News (archive.ph) Text -...

How Dems See Justice [ 47 Answers ]

A man attacked Congressman and gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin with a weapon yesterday. He wasn't able to do much harm because several good Samaritans tackled him and took the knife-like weapon away from him. You might would think that would be a pretty serious crime, but evidently not. As...

The Dems love the Constitution ........ except . [ 1 Answers ]

Robert Reich had an interesting tweet this month . He goes on a rant with the headline ... The Senate, the Supreme Court, and the Electoral College are enabling Republicans to subvert the will of the people for generations to come The Dems are in a tizzy because 2 of their Senators are...

Are Virginia Repubs stupid ? [ 0 Answers ]

Don't answer that was a rhetorical question . Of course they are . How do I know ? Because they allowed that Democrat activist posing as a newsman Chuck Todd to moderate the debate between the Governor candidates Dem Terry McAuliffe and Repub nominee Glenn Youngkin . Virginia Gubernatorial...

The Dems still suffer from TDS [ 25 Answers ]

Mueller submitted a report that he assumed the Dems could use as a weapon in their efforts to remove re impeachment(s) of former President Trump. Barr received the report and submitted a summary . The Dems did not accept the summary as legit . So Barr released the WHOLE Mueller report save for some...

View more questions Search