Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2022, 05:18 AM
    Liz Cheney and dad's convenient memory
    I have been ashamed to hear members of my party attacking the integrity of the FBI agents involved with the recent Mar-a-Lago search. These are sickening comments that put the lives of patriotic public servants at risk.

Rep. Liz Cheney on Twitter: "I have been ashamed to hear members of my party attacking the integrity of the FBI agents involved with the recent Mar-a-Lago search. These are sickening comments that put the lives of patriotic public servants at risk." / Twitter

I am burdened by history . Time for another flashback to a time when the deep state had their cross hairs on VP Cheney . Oh they wanted to put him in jail in the worse way. So they concocted a fable based on a "leak" of the name of a CIA employee or low level operative ;or master spy depending on the narrative of the day.

The narrative went something like this . The White House leaked the name of CIA agent Valerie Plame to punish her husband Joe Wilson who sipped sweet tea in Africa before declaring to the world that the WMD claims by the Bush WH were bogus . It was a perfect tale for the compliant press. Plame was good looking .Wilson spun a tale they were predisposed to believe. And the target was the evil Darth Vader Cheney.

Oh yes ;they wanted to frog marchr Cheney himself . But the most they could do is concoct phony charges against his Chief of Staff Scooter Libby.

Someone had indeed accidently leaked Plame's name. It was Deputy Sec State Richard Armitage who was a Colin Powell loyalist. He gave backround info to sometimes serious and sometimes gossip columnist Robert Novak .

Deputy AG James Comey convinced AG John Ashcroft to recuse himself. Then Comey went ahead and appointed lifelong friend Patrick Fitgerald to do the original Inspector Javert style investigation. The target was Cheney but they set their sites on Libby.

They knew early on about the Armitage admittance that he was the leaker .Still they pursued Libby. Libby made the grave mistake of not remembering all the details of a conversation he had with NBC talking head Tim Russert. So they got Libby on a perjury trap .They took that to a friendly DC jury after telling them to ignore all the other evidence about Armitage.

The jury dutifully convicted Libby.

VP Cheney was furious. He correctly called the whole thing politically motivated .He was also pissed at President GW Bush who refused to pardon. Libby .

But Libby was eventually pardoned ........... by Donald Trump.

Now Cheney calls Trump the greatest threat to democracy.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2022, 12:40 PM
    Nothing like seeing a gracious loser. I guess it hasn't occurred to her that maybe people have grown tired of her TDS being on constant public display.

Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming called "large portions" of the Republican Party "very sick" in an interview recapping her failed bid to stay in office.Cheney, asked by ABC News what she thought her loss said about the Republican Party, said it signified former President Donald Trump's stranglehold on the party.
    "It says that clearly [Trump's] hold is very strong among some portions of the Republican Party. My state of Wyoming is not necessarily a representative sample of the party," Cheney said.

Cheney continued, "I think it says a couple of things. I think it says people continue to believe the lie. They continue to believe what he's saying, which is dangerous."

Cheney has been the most prominent Republican critic of Trump since he left office. She has used her position on the Jan. 6 House select committee to lambast Trump for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Trump-backed challenger Harriet Hageman defeated Cheney by 37 points on Tuesday. "I think it also tells you that large portions of our party, including the leadership of our party, is very sick," she claimed.
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2022, 01:08 PM
    My state of Wyoming is not necessarily a representative sample of the party," Cheney said.

And that is all you need to know about what she thinks of the state she allegedly represents or of the Republican base .
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2022, 01:11 PM
    Off topic, but it just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. Now you have a housing facility near UC Berkley which has banned certain visitors on the basis of their race. It's sheer lunacy.

A private housing co-op just off the University of California, Berkeley campus has banned White visitors in common areas or without consent from other tenants.
    The "Person of Color Theme House" is a housing co-op located near UC Berkeley that "aims to provide housing to low-income, first generation, immigrant and marginalized students of color," according to its website.
    It is a private venture and is not affiliated with the university.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/white-peo...g-common-areas
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2022, 01:24 PM
    but try to refuse to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple . Now THAT's DISCRIMINATION!!
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2022, 01:37 PM
    Yep. I keep trying to tell myself that the great majority of the American people do not go along with this craziness, but it's becoming more and more difficult to "keep hope alive."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2022, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    but try to refuse to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple . Now THAT's DISCRIMINATION!!
    Or bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple and your bakery will be boycotted by fundies and conservatives.
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2022, 01:40 PM
    The Dem campaign

"segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever",
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2022, 01:42 PM
    The Repub campaign:

"Kill or imprison anyone not white"
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2022, 01:56 PM
    The Repub campaign: "Kill or imprison anyone not white"
    You claim to be a repub, and many that's how you see it. I don't know any other repubs who do. And I don't think you read this. It's the liberal dems who are engaging in racial discrimination. Now since it is merely directed at whites, perhaps your are OK with it.

Off topic, but it just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. Now you have a housing facility near UC Berkley which has banned certain visitors on the basis of their race. It's sheer lunacy.

A private housing co-op just off the University of California, Berkeley campus has banned White visitors in common areas or without consent from other tenants.
    The "Person of Color Theme House" is a housing co-op located near UC Berkeley that "aims to provide housing to low-income, first generation, immigrant and marginalized students of color," according to its website.
    It is a private venture and is not affiliated with the university.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/white-peo...g-common-areas
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2022, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You claim to be a repub, and many that's how you see it. I don't know any other repubs who do. And I don't think you read this. It's the liberal dems who are engaging in racial discrimination. Now since it is merely directed at whites, perhaps your are OK with it.
    I said I'm a registered Republican and vote for the candidates who will serve my state and country in a godly, loving way. I may reregister as an Independent since too many Dems and Repubs have fallen into a morass.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2022, 03:17 PM
    We don't have to register in our state. The only rule is that you can only vote in one primary, and you can't switch to the other party's primary in case of a runoff.

Will be preaching from Gal. 2:20 in the morning. Death and life are in Christ.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2022, 08:43 AM
    She has comparing herself to Lincoln because he lost some elections before running for President . She has a new $$$$ making political organization she is founding call 'The Great Task ' which she gleamed from the Gettysburg Address.
    'It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us.'

In this case her great task is to defeat Trump by any means necessary .
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2022, 11:41 AM
    I think Cheney is finished. She has never had anything even approaching a national following.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2022, 01:14 PM
    All she has to do is be a spoiler.

updates hoax quiz

Uber Member

Aug 21, 2022, 01:21 PM
    I remember the one about bleach being talked about endlessly on this site. No amount of truth or reason could dissuade people from pursuing it. It seemed to be a classic case of TDS at work. Same was true of the Border Patrol agents and their use of split reins. And, of course, as it turned out, even the Biden admin had to admit there was nothing to the story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convenient timing? [ 8 Answers ]

Scandals cause high anxiety for House Dems in Is it possible the DNC is being machievellian in getting all of these scandals over and done with in time for the next mid-terms? Or are Rev. Wright's chickens coming home to roost?

Looking for convenient mod for changing the map in Fallout 3 computer game [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a mod that changes the map on your pip-boy in a way that allows you to add your own markers or notes to a specific location?

Dying husband and his family doesn't seem to care unless its convenient! [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time posting here. I am looking for some opinions from people other than family members regarding this situation: My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 3 years ago and was not given long to live. At that time, his family called, sent cards but nothing more than...

Are today's smooth top ranges more convenient to clean than when they first came out? [ 0 Answers ]

About 15 years ago I was in the market to buy a new range and wanted a smooth-top. Fortunately, we rented one for a couple months first, and I found it terribly inconvenient that whenever anything spilled/overflowed (which always happens to my pasta pot! ), I had to turn off the burner and let it...

Cheney and the CIA [ 34 Answers ]

If a covert program is planned and never comes close to being executed. Does the CIA have an obligation to disclose this program to Congress ? :confused:

View more questions Search