Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StephenP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 06:21 PM
    My Bolen Lawnmower won't start
    It is spring and I have replaced the battery on my Bolen Lawnmower, but it will not start. It does not make any noise. I place it in neutral to start, but it does ot push easily which tells me it is stuck in a different gear. How do I get it in neutral to start?
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Apr 22, 2007, 01:55 AM
    It should be aesy to find, A mower in nuetral can be hard to push if belt is dragging. I would hold key to "start" and move shift lever around to determine if that is trulty the problem.

DXon
    emullins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Where are the safety switch on my bolen riding mower?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Look underneath the body of the unit.
    vchalla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 06:17 AM
    There are about half a dozen wires ending in a small electric part on the other side of the ignition key. There is some loose contact in there. You open the engine cover and fiddle with the electric part and then try to start the engine. Permanent solution is to replace this part. MTD should redesign this part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower Help [ 10 Answers ]

My lawnmower, Murray Select w/Briggs?Stratton engine, will start but will not get up to speed. It only putt-putts and kicks out a lot of smoke. Any suggestions?

Lawnmower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried for two weekends to get my Toro Lawnmower (3 yrs. Old) to start with no luck. Last week, the pull string broke and I have replaced that as well as the spark plug. Anything else?

Push lawnmower will start, but immediately dies [ 1 Answers ]

The push mower is a 4.5 HP. It was bought last year. After pushing the primer 2-3 times I can get it to start, but it will immediatiely die. I can keep it running by pushing the primer. I've replaced the spark plug, cleaned the air filter and replaced the gas. Any ideas are appreciated.

Lawnmower won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a murray 12.5 that I just bought from someone , used it for the last couple of months and now it won't start , it sounds like it's dragging I have changed the oil and the gas when I got it but this is the first it's done this. The flywheel does move and it does have oil so it's not locked...

View more questions Search