Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It is sad and funny at the same time. Like I said, I just can't help you with that piece of understanding.
    Do tell me, wise sir. What are you talking about?
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even the lady who is convinced that healthy families no longer exist.
    Talk honestly and caringly to children. Amazing what you'll find out about "healthy" families.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 01:30 PM
    Do tell me, wise sir. What are you talking about?
    Already explained it two or three times. It's just not registering on you. Read the first sentence of post 15 again VERY CAREFULLY. Hopefully it'll dawn on you.

Talk honestly and caringly to children. Amazing what you'll find out about "healthy"
    I made a career of doing that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 01:48 PM
    Already explained it two or three times. It's just not registering on you. Read the first sentence of post 15 again VERY CAREFULLY. Hopefully it'll dawn on you.
    What are you thinking is my standard of perfection? (We apparently are having two different conversations here. I have never mentioned physical health.)
    I made a career of doing that.
    No spankings given?
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 01:53 PM
    I have never mentioned physical health.
    I give up. I can only say to read post 15 a dozen or so times until it sinks in.

No spankings given?
    Already answered that in post 18. Are you tired today???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 02:06 PM
    Spankings are NEVER a good or appropriate punishment. There are much better ways to deal with a naughty child.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 02:51 PM
    And that's your opinion, but you also believe that there are no healthy families and that a man can become a woman. Still, you are welcome to your ideas. For me, I have seen the great results from the proper use of spankings in many thousands of children and the poor results from lack of discipline or, for that matter, over discipline. So when you say it is NEVER good or appropriate, I know you are simply wrong. Yes, there are other methods and a spanking should be reserved for a genuinely serious situation such as an outright refusal to do as the child is told or repeated disrespect. We spanked our children perhaps six or eight times total for the two of them, but we didn't wait until they were ten years old to start working with them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 03:00 PM
    And those spanked children carry anger and resentment to their graves.

There are much better ways to train and discipline a child.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 03:18 PM
    No, they don't. I was spanked and I'm not mad about it. My children are not mad about it. My former students are not mad about it. Most children understand that misbehavior has consequences. I've seen far too many of hundreds of cases to believe your statement.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 03:26 PM
    a man can become a woman
    You're four years old. Your body is male, the result of testosterone at work on your embryo/fetal body during pregnancy. You think like a female, the result of too much estrogen and progesterone being active in the embryonic brain. You believe you ARE female and experience severe dysphoria when forced to live as a male.
    My children are not mad about it. My former students are not mad about it. Most children understand that misbehavior has consequences.
    And those spanked children, as grownups, have told me very sad stories. They certainly won't tell YOU how angry they were and often still are.

Misbehavior does not merit physical punishment. That doesn't teach anything except the adult has the power and the ability to inflict pain.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 03:31 PM
    You're four years old. Your body is male, the result of testosterone at work on your embryo body during pregnancy. You think like a female, the result of too much estrogen and progesterone being active in the embryonic brain. You believe you ARE female and experience severe dysphoria when forced to live as a male.
    There is no science to support this. It's just the result of your vivid imagination.

You are simply wrong about spankings. I certainly would know if I was angry, wouldn't I? I have actually spoken with many students years later who told me about getting spanked by me. They laugh about it in remembrance. But then I didn't go overboard with it. That makes a big difference.

Now bullying is an entirely different matter. So is assault by other students or other actions carried out just from meanness with an intent to embarrass. My students and children understood the difference. It's unfortunate that you cannot.

I'll add one more thing. In my school experience, the vast majority of students did not get paddled. A word of correction was generally sufficient. There were a few students that spankings did not work on. If I paddled a student two or three times over the course of a couple of months, then I knew that was not going to work and we tried something else. Thankfully, that was very much the exception.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 03:34 PM
    There is no science to support this. It's just the result of your vivid imagination.
    Study the science during pregnancy, O teacher.
    You are simply wrong about spankings. I certainly would know if I was angry, wouldn't I? I have actually spoken with many students years later who told me about getting spanked by me. They laugh about it in remembrance. But then I didn't go overboard with it. That makes a big difference.
    They laugh because they don't want to anger you. Spanking is totally useless, doesn't teach anybody anything except to be more subtle and clever next time.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 03:41 PM
    Study the science during pregnancy, O teacher.
    That's what you always say when you know you have nothing. You have become so predictable. "Hey, will you please do some research to find support for the false statement I just made?" I thought you were a wizard on the web? Why can't you find support yourself? Huh?

BTW, I have studied the science during pregnancy. It's you that hasn't.

They laugh because they don't want to anger you.
    What a high opinion you have of yourself. You know why people do things that you haven't even met and are hundreds of miles away when the conversation takes place. Spankings work very well when used properly. I have seen that hundreds and hundreds of times. Sorry, but you are wrong and too proud to admit it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 03:48 PM
    You refuse to believe anything I post about the trans situation. Please do your own honest research.

Sorry, Charlie. I've listened to friends and relatives all my life. They were spanked as childen and teens. Of course, they will smile in the face of the spanker and hop-to when orders are given. What else dare they do?
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 04:03 PM
    You refuse to believe anything I post about the trans situation
    It's because all you post is your own unsupported opinion. For someone who has bragged repeatedly about how proficient you are on the web, you sure aren't getting the job done.

Well, they don't "hop to" when they are thirty years old and talking to me about how much they enjoyed school. You just don't know what you are talking about. I'm sure you have dealt with those who were improperly disciplined, but that can happen with everything. The solution is to discipline correctly. When that is done, the results are terrific. As I've said, I've seen it hundreds of times, and far too many to believe your opinions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 04:19 PM
    I have posted science but you spit on my posts. I am good friends with at least four Tgirls, as they call themselves, and with another friend at the beginning of transition. I know their histories and what happened during transitioning.

Spanking may produce results but also hidden resentment.

How does one, according to you, "discipline correctly"?

Wow! You are really getting conned by former students!
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 04:46 PM
    Oh? You are good friends? Well then that settles it…not! That tells you nothing about fetal brain development. Do the research or just drop this fairy tale.

Wow do you have an inflated opinion of yourself to be able to know such things about conversations you are not a part of!! Sorry, but I am not constrained by your preconceived notions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 05:01 PM
    Oh? You are good friends? Well then that settles it…not! That tells you nothing about fetal brain development. Do the research or just drop this fairy tale.
    They have been thru gender therapy, counseling, HRT, living as a woman, phalloplasty and metoidioplasty, dressing and grooming, perhaps legally changing one's name, etc. -- about 5-7 years or more of transitioning.
    Wow do you have an inflated opinion of yourself to be able to know such things about conversations you are not a part of!! Sorry, but I am not constrained by your preconceived notions.
    Yes, I've been told by the grown children that the parent or teacher has no clue how much those spankings destroyed them.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 05:08 PM
    You have shown nothing about fetal brain development. The rest is just window dressing. Based on your past remarks it might not even be true.

you have talked to people. I have talked to people. Here we are. I guess the difference is that I don’t imagine I know all about your conversations.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 05:13 PM
    You have shown nothing about fetal brain development. The rest is just window dressing. Based on your past remarks it might not even be true.
    Yes, I did. Am not interested in finding that thread that is probably lost in history. I remember you screamed loudly at what Athos and I had posted. This topic is very easy to google. Try it.
    you have talked to people. I have talked to people. Here we are. I guess the difference is that I don’t imagine I know all about your conversations.
    You know nothing. And the victim will rarely tell the truth to the perp (you) -- but will tell an empathic third party (me).
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 05:20 PM
    At any rate, when my students grow up by the hundreds to be fine people who do not need the services of a lib dem counselor, and they talk positively about their school time, then I’m happy with that.

And again, you know nothing and expect someone else to do your work. Pitiful.

No threads here are lost in history. I find your comments regularly as you have found to your sorrow. For a self-proclaimed whiz, it should be easy. Yes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having a conversation [ 23 Answers ]

I don't know how to talk to my friends anymore after not speaking to them for a long time I just don't know how to. It's easy with my little sister she talks all the time. I find it hard to have a conversation with anyone even mum if people ask me a question sometimes I can answer but I feel very...

Conversation help? [ 24 Answers ]

Me and this love talking to each other on the phone, and hanging out. But we always find ourselves running out of things to talk about after the first five minutes. We end up being like "yeah" and "wow" and we just run out of things to say. We can have the best conversation, but somehow after that...

The conversation [ 37 Answers ]

Hello: We've got TWO different things going on... We've got REALITY, and we've got the CONVERSATION about reality... They are NOT the same thing. In my view, the right wing won the conversation hands down. They're not good at governing, but they ARE good at coming up with good sound...

A weird conversation with my dad. [ 6 Answers ]

This is really strange, I know... I just got off the phone with my dad who is traveling with my mom from VA to NY leaving today, getting back on Columbus Day. He just called to tell me they were leaving, and then said the weirdest thing... he said "I've already told your brother and sister this,...

What does our conversation mean? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 years and I broke up with him 3 years ago because I was insecure. We went a year without speaking and over two years without seeing each other. Since then I have seen him a few times (lunch, hang out) usually his idea. Last week he called and asked if I wanted to go to...

View more questions Search