Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2022, 03:36 PM
    clueless Joe will be nominated by the Dems ....if he wants it
    that is what history tells us. Incumbent Presidents win against primary challengers and then lose the general election.

Truman and LBJ were so beat up by challeges that they decided to not seek reelection . That is the exception (in both cases the GOP took the Presidency ) The Dem challenges Estes Kefauver and Hubert H Humphrey lost to Ike and Nixon .

1912 Teddy Roosevelt challenged William Howard Taft . Taft took the nomination .Roosevelt went third party guaranteeing a Wodrow Wilson victory

Reagan challenged Gerald Ford in 1976 . Ford got the nomination but lost to Jimmy Carter .

The swimmer Teddy Kennedy challenged Carter in 1980 Carter got the nomination but lost to Reagan.

1992 Pat Buchanan challenged GHW Bush . Bush won the nomination . Bush lost to Bubba .

Taft, Truman ,Ford ,Bush became President after serving terms as VP .Truman did not run Taft Ford Bush all lost .

Presidents who face tough primary challenges win the primary and lose the general election .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2022, 04:23 PM
    Go, Beto, go!!! Go, fight, win!!!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2022, 04:37 PM
    Yep. A few more O’Rourkes in office and we can get back to killing babies.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2022, 05:10 PM
    Or should we just wait until they're in school or at a parade or a church service or grocery store? Yay, guns, yay! Kill those grown-up babies!
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2022, 05:25 PM
    How about that? You manage to celebrate it both before and after birth. At least you are consistent!
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2022, 05:36 PM
    according to my scenario Robert Francis(,a 4th generation Irish American who appropriated Hispanic identity ) gives Clueless a tough challenge before Clueless secures the nomination . It is just a historical fact .Incumbents who face a challenge for the nomination do not lose the challenge ;but do lose the election
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2022, 05:39 PM
    George Bush 1 comes to mind as someone who experienced that scenario. Wasn't Carter also challenged for the nomination by one of the Kennedys?
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2022, 05:49 PM
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one.

Name:  biden2.JPG
Views: 3
Size:  62.6 KB
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2022, 06:00 PM
    yes I noted both Buchanan's primary challenge to GHW Bush ;and fat Teddie's challenge to Carter in my opener

They will not let him out of his safe place in the basement again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dems prep to oust Clueless Joe . [ 36 Answers ]

The compliant press must've received their marching orders. Chief WH correspondent for the Slimes Peter Baker had a report yesterday that raises concern about Clueless' age. At 79, Biden Is Testing the Boundaries of Age and the Presidency - The New York Times (nytimes.com) It highlights...

The Dems still suffer from TDS [ 25 Answers ]

Mueller submitted a report that he assumed the Dems could use as a weapon in their efforts to remove re impeachment(s) of former President Trump. Barr received the report and submitted a summary . The Dems did not accept the summary as legit . So Barr released the WHOLE Mueller report save for some...

What can I do if post accident repairs botched by insurance nominated garage [ 1 Answers ]

I had a car accident on 7 July my fault hit a wall claimed on my insurance with saga and their nominated garage kept the car 1 month and has not repaired it to my satisfaction.At present repairs are ongoing - my problem is my insurance with saga runs out on 26 August and I have decided to switch to...

Oscar-nominated songwriting brothers? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm pretty sure how I'm going to answer this question, but I thought I'd throw it out for comment. In a newspaper trivia contest, this is a clue: "Name the brothers who, between them, earned eight Oscar nominations for Best Song." Here are the only brothers I can find who were nominated...

View more questions Search