Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2023, 05:36 PM
    Border Patrol agents in the San Diego sector arrested an Afghan national on the FBI’s terror watchlist after he crossed illegally with a group of invaders near Otay Mesa, CA on Wednesday. How many terrorist are crossing and not being caught ?

Afghan on terrorist watchlist arrested at U.S.-Mexico border crossing in San Diego | cbs8.com
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 14, 2023, 06:04 PM
    A few thousand a year MIGHT be able to tunnel under/climb over a border wall, so let's instead choose to just open it up to HUNDREDS of thousands coming across.

Make sense???
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2023, 03:00 AM
    We have lost "operational control " on both sides of the border . The US border is in the control of the cartels . The law enforcement as it is functions as a welcome committee to the hordes of invaders.

U.S. officials admit losing ‘operational control’ of border, drug cartels poised to seize it | Just The News
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2023, 03:46 PM
    Security footage shows a Nati.onal Guard member from Missouri opening a gate at the border ;onto private property , to allow invaders to enter .

US soldier appears to let migrants onto private Texas property (nypost.com)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2023, 09:17 AM
    Here’s how the government can improve processing immigrants
    A group of nuns distribute food to migrants resting along the train tracks in Huehuetoca, Mexico, as they look to board a freight train heading north on May 12, the day after U.S. pandemic-related asylum restrictions called Title 42 were lifted. Marco Ugarte/AP

BY SHELDON JACOBSON
    Title 42 was implemented as a public health measure during the COVID-19 pandemic. With the health emergency ending, the rule has now expired. This means that those coming to the borders seeking asylum may no longer be turned away. What the federal government did and what it should have done are two different things.

Title 42 delayed the need for Congress to tackle long overdue immigration reform. That delay no longer applies, with borders to Mexico in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas ripe for large influxes of people seeking entry and asylum.

As much as many Americans are dissatisfied with the current political, social and economic affairs in our nation, the interest in people entering our country and becoming permanent residents is enormous. The United States continues to offer opportunities for success, provided one is willing to work hard and put in the time, which most immigrants are prepared to do. That is why every day, more than 4,000 people on average immigrated to the United States in 2021, with more than one-half coming from Mexico.

Numerous industries rely on immigrants to fill their workforces and cover a wide range of job skills.

Setting immigration policies is challenging. Anytime there are multiple stakeholders with divergent interests, there is no path forward to satisfy everyone. At one extreme are those who want to protect the borders against immigrants who allegedly will take jobs away from citizens and use public resources. At the other extreme are those who want to offer all those oppressed and under attack in other countries the opportunity to find success in the U.S. and a path to citizenship.

Independent of what policy is instituted, the short-term challenge is processing thousands of people each week to determine their eligibility for entering the U.S. and gaining permanent residency.

Lessons learned from airport security can be applied to vetting people at border crossings:
    Transparency and standardization: No matter what immigration policy is used, it is critical that the people being vetted have appropriate documentation to establish where they are coming from and what their current citizenship is. Without such information, it is impossible to implement any policy in a fair and equitable manner.

Providing standardized requirements for every possible immigrant long before they ever get to the border is critical. Without widespread communication campaigns throughout Latin America, immigration officers are handcuffed in doing their jobs. This would be like Transportation Security Administration officers not being able to protect the air system if they are focused on sorting through the identity verification materials presented by every traveler and assessing which will be accepted.

Layered processing: Create multiple layers to vet immigrants, with each layer providing independent information to facilitate processing. An online system is a step to facilitate this. The key is consistency, which means that if people show up without having registered, authorities could provide computer network facilities for them to register, all in their language of choice, with ample assistance available. Only those registered should be processed. Once rules are broken and standardization is compromised, it becomes impossible to maintain order at the borders.

This is why TSA officers at airports are interchangeable at any commercial airport across the United States. They follow a standardized process that travelers know will be followed, no matter which airport they are flying out of.

Foster trust: Once standardized procedures are in place, demonstrate to all immigrants seeking asylum that they are in the system and under consideration. Using simple queuing theory results, such as Little’s law, will provide a reasonable estimate for how long each immigrant’s application will take to be processed. At the same time, immigration officers must be deployed based on anticipated arrival rates for applicants. Once the system is viewed as broken and untrustworthy, people panic and begin to ignore system protocols, creating chaos that benefits no one.

Immigration reform is critical to ensure that the people who enter the country are given the best opportunity to succeed. Creating a transparent and standardized system, with multiple layers that can be trusted, is critical to processing the thousands of people seeking asylum in the country. If the TSA can screen 2 million passengers every day, perhaps immigration officers can be equally effective with the thousands applying for entry and asylum in a post-Title 42 environment.

Sheldon Jacobson is a professor of computer science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He applies his expertise in data-driven risk-based decision-making to evaluate and inform public policy. He has studied aviation security for more than 25 years, providing the technical foundations for risk-based security that informed the design of TSA Precheck.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2023, 09:33 AM
    The United States continues to offer opportunities for success, provided one is willing to work hard and put in the time, which most immigrants are prepared to do.
    Makes me wonder why we don't on insist on that from the people already here.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2023, 09:48 AM
    They're working at fast-food places in Chicago and suburbs. In hospitals too and nursing homes. I connected with two immigrant women who worked as custodians at a healthcare rehab I was at recently. They giggled as they taught me some Spanish.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2023, 07:54 AM

Uber Member

Jul 12, 2023, 11:28 AM
    Well, at least they're not having to go to the trouble of tunneling underneath the wall. Of course in many areas there is no wall to begin with. How understanding of our fed government.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2023, 05:22 PM
    Illinois will have a new law come 2024 that prohibits landlords from discriminating against illegal aliens .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2023, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Illinois will have a new law come 2024 that prohibits landlords from discriminating against illegal aliens .
    Discriminate how?
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2023, 02:37 AM
    IL SB1817 | 2023-2024 | 103rd General Assembly | LegiScan

This and the bill Pritzker already signed giving illegals access to state drivers licenses sets up the next steal the vote .

State Senator Ann Gillespie said
    "Someone’s background should not disqualify them from buying or renting property."

How about if they are breaking the law by being here ? Can a criminal be discriminated against in real estate purchases or rentals ? Yes . So why should illegal aliens be an exception ?

Because combined with the access they were given to state drivers licenses it will now be easier for them to submit a voter registration .
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2023, 04:32 AM
    It is but rarely a genuine issue of wanting to help the disadvantaged. To coin a phrase, you can just "follow the votes".
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2023, 04:58 AM
    Mayor Adams of sanctuary city NYC is a xenophobe who hates illegal immigrants .

Yeah I said it .

Why else would he send agents to the border with flyers directing new illegal arrivals to go some place else besides NYC ?

The city’s move is a sharp and somewhat unexpected departure from its long-held status as a sanctuary city, and as a place that guarantees a right to shelter.
    “We have no more room in the city,” Mr. Adams said during a news conference at City Hall.

New York City Tells Migrants There’s ‘No Guarantee’ of Finding Help Here - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

He also called on Clueless Joe to provide more assistance .

The chickens are coming home to roost.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2023, 10:06 AM
    Turns out that Trump was right. More adults between 18 and 45 died of fentanyl overdoses in 2020 than COVID-19, motor vehicle accidents, cancer and suicide.

Build the wall with great urgency.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2023, 04:43 AM
    Massachusetts Guv Maura Healey has declared a state of emergency after the influx of 20,000 illegal immigrants. Sounds about a week's worth in El Paso, Laredo, Brownsville, and Rio Grande City,Texas .

She complained that 5,600 families were housed in state emergency centers ;an 80% increase over a year ago. As is typical of Dem leaders they are asking for the Federal government to pick up the tab.

State of emergency declared for surge of migrants seeking shelter in Massachusetts - CBS Boston (cbsnews.com)

Reality hitting her right between the eyes . Flashback when she was AG

Attorney General Maura Healey discusses sanctuary cities - YouTube
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2023, 05:29 AM
    Now that Proterra is doornail dead, the feds can take all those millions in cash and divert it to the current Mass. "emergency". Please note that the many supposedly benevolent wealthy dems in Mass have so far not volunteered their spare bedrooms for the illegal immigrants. The hypocrisy continues unabated.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2023, 03:40 AM
    schadenfreude

Massachusetts calls up national guard to cope with migrants as protests rage (msn.com)
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2023, 05:44 AM
    I could love the concept of "schadenfreude" if not for the misery the poor illegals are being put through. BUILD THE WALL!! Some here will claim they will tunnel under or climb over. If so, then we'll still be keeping the other 98% of them on the right side of the wall.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2023, 07:03 AM
    people get sick and die despite vaccines . We should stop using vaccines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be punished in the same way as for adultery? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female and unmarried. I have committed a big sin.I have had sex chat with unknown males. In the middle of chatting I realize its wrong and then I stop chatting and perform obligatory ghusl as soon as possible and then I repent. I feel so ashamed of myself. But again I do the...

I'm being punished for something! [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with him for eleven years and married for five. I've never been in any relationship like this! He's been physically and emotionally abusive. He's almost 40 and acts like a eighteen year old drinking, coming home the next day, playing video games. Two out of the three jobs he's had, he's...

Being punished for being hurt by him [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im really needing some help. I've began to think that I'm crazy living with this for so long so here goes... rite after my divorce to my first husband I met this guy and he was great. He helped me through my divorce and told me what to expect... he had ben through one two himself. ...

How Can AN 18 Year Old Be punished? [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that my partner and I are male gay parents of 6 children whom we adopted through the foster care program. We have had great success with 4 of these children, all of them teens and young adults. The one I am concerned about is now 18 and thinks he owns the house and can do...

View more questions Search