Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2023, 11:07 AM
    So now you are going to offer whole sections of states to illegal invaders . Who's property you going to steal ?.Where is the vital resources like water going to come from ? The High Plains and Ogallala aquifer are already dangerously low. The region cannot sustain large populations .

The progressive libs running the sanctuary cities have the same chorus every time someone suggests that they should help absorb the illegal hordes. "We need help with more Washington "resources " ( a euphemism for money )
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2023, 11:45 AM
    Why do they want in?
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2023, 02:05 PM
    There is a legal process that needs a leader to enforce it .

The US has been historically the most open country on the planet and would continue to be if the laws of the land were enforced. 10,000 a day will overwhelm the American's people's means to absorb them . Already we know the hypocrite rich Dems on Martha's Vineyard evicted all the illegals that were sent there from
    Texas in less than a day after they arrived .

It is not about immigration . This is the Dems continuing to execute the Cloward -Piven strategy to destroy the nation. They proposed taking advantage of the spirit of American generosity to crash our economy. The idea was to create a never ending demand for social services until the money ran out and a new Marxist system of government that would “equitably” distribute the nations’ wealth would be implemented .

Why are they coming ? For the promise of free stuff .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2023, 02:35 PM
    One of the biggest reasons for the increase in migration is the number of failed and authoritarian states in the Western Hemisphere. Struggling economies worsened by the coronavirus pandemic, humanitarian crises and political upheaval have sent people fleeing their homes for a safer and more stable life in the United States.

For many migrants, including those from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela, the situation is so desperate that the risk of making the dangerous journey and potentially being turned away by U.S. officials is preferable to continuing to live in dire conditions.

“Failing states across the Western Hemisphere is the disease,” said Jason Houser, a former top immigration official in the Biden administration. “The flow of migrants to the border, overwhelming our agencies, is the symptom.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/10/u...migration.html
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 12, 2023, 03:30 PM
    I don't think they would make the trip in most cases if they need the door was not open to just anyone who just decided he/she needed to walk across the border and get a job, start a life, have a baby with guaranteed citizenship, sell illegal drugs, steal the property of others, or traffic human beings for sex. That is why whatever the motive is, the process must be still be done legally. And that is especially true considering that fentanyl is now the leading cause of death for young adults.
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2023, 03:41 PM
    They are promised freebees . They all say so. The promise of free money, free food, free education, and free medical care , direct financial transfers, medical benefits, food assistance, and education is a powerful incentive .
    Uber Member

May 12, 2023, 03:57 PM
    It's funny to me how people want the country to have an open door to anyone/everyone, but they don't do that with their own homes. Wonder why not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2023, 07:21 PM
    Would you go to their homes?
    Uber Member

May 12, 2023, 07:48 PM
    If they invited me, then I would LEGALLY go. I would not, however, force open their front doors. And I don't even know why we are discussing this. When a nation refuses to police and control entry, then it's hard to know how to react to that. Why don't we just open the airways while we're at it? Passport?? Not needed to enter the U.S.!!
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2023, 05:23 AM
    Mayor Adams of NYC has made it clear that the illegal border crossing hordes are not welcome in his city . He is putting them on busses and shipping them upstate.

First buses of asylum seekers arrive in Orange County, as NYC says it's out of options - CBS New York (cbsnews.com)

The first busload went to Newburg ; a city with plenty of problems of it's own.

Look At Some of Newburgh, New York's Roughest Streets (wrrv.com)

More than 25% of the people in the city live below the poverty rate.

Homeless vets are being evicted from the hotels they have been housed in to make way for the invaders.

Homeless veterans booted from upstate hotel to make room for migrants arriving after Title 42 ended (nytodaynew.com)

County Executives upstate are declaring an emergency.

Adams has resorted to name calling the Rockland County Exec a racist for his opposition. Disclaimer ;I lived in Rockland most of my adult life before relocating after retirement . The county is one of the most diverse counties in the nation. (ranked 3rd in NY after NYC counties )

Most Diverse Counties in New York | Stacker

Even among the white population is a large sub-group of Orthodox and Hasidic Jews . Rockland has the highest per capita Jewish population in the nation. In the neighborhoods I lived Whites ;Jews ,Hispanics ,Blacks ,Haitian immigrants all lived side by side.
    There is no way the county would tolerate a racist Exec.

Currently a judge issued a restraining order preventing Adams from sending the illegals to Rockland . Adams said Thursday the city would not be deterred by legal challenges. That about says it all about Adams .

NYC Mayor Eric Adams labels county exec who blocked asylum seekers as ‘racist’ and ‘antisemitic’ | Fox News
    Uber Member

May 13, 2023, 05:49 AM
    If I didn't know better, I'd say we are watching a soap opera. How can democrats continue to defend this insanity? I have said many times that I am no fan of Trump, but his idea to build a wall along at least MOST of the border was a great one. It's the only solution.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2023, 09:14 AM
    Every wall built so far has been scaled (even by teenagers!) or burrowed under. Or avoided by traveling to either end. And what about the masses pressing against the wall on the Mexican side?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2023, 10:00 AM
    People entering illegally are entering in areas where there is no wall. Hmmm. What does that tell us? To suggest that walls are useless is simply childish.

Walls don't stop illegal immigration, but they do slow it down greatly to a manageable point unlike the craziness of the actions of the Biden admin.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2023, 10:12 AM
    I repeat (minus an insult to your intelligence as you gave to mine):

Every wall built so far has been scaled (even by teenagers!) or burrowed under. Or avoided by traveling to either end. And what about the masses pressing against the wall on the Mexican side?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2023, 11:34 AM
    1. How do you know that "every wall built so far has been scaled or burrowed under"?
    2. If they travel "to the other end", then that means the wall needs to be lengthened.
    3. The masses will not press against a wall. Show me pics of that happening.
    4. Since you seem not to have read this the first time, I'll post it again. "Walls don't stop illegal immigration, but they do slow it down greatly to a manageable point."

People put fences and walls around their houses. It doesn't make a burglary impossible, but it makes it much more unlikely. Nothing is 100% reliable. To suggest we not use these ideas because they are not 100% effective is, I'm sorry to say again, childish. I think you realize that is true. I'm not questioning your intelligence. I'm actually suggesting you put your considerable intelligence to better use.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2023, 11:50 AM
    Tell that to the East Berliners . Yeah some crossed over . It prevented many more from leaving ,
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2023, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    1. How do you know that "every wall built so far has been scaled or burrowed under"?
    Please read your history book. Even the Berlin Wall and Great Wall of China have been scaled.
    2. If they travel "to the other end", then that means the wall needs to be lengthened.
    Into the ocean.
    3. The masses will not press against a wall. Show me pics of that happening.
    Photos are in my morning newspaper every day.
    4. Since you seem not to have read this the first time, I'll post it again. "Walls don't stop illegal immigration, but they do slow it down greatly to a manageable point."
    As rhe masses grow on the Mexico side and press harder and harder against each other and the wall.
    People put fences and walls around their houses. It doesn't make a burglary impossible, but it makes it much more unlikely. Nothing is 100% reliable. To suggest we not use these ideas because they are not 100% effective is, I'm sorry to say again, childish. I think you realize that is true. I'm not questioning your intelligence. I'm actually suggesting you put your considerable intelligence to better use.
    I'm in Mensa. Don't mess with me. And stop double-dipping.

If all that is true, why didn't Trump finish the wall?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2023, 03:01 PM
    Your argument basically goes like this. We shouldn't put locking vaults in banks since, after all, thieves manage to defeat the locks and enter the vaults from time to time. Since they are not 100% reliable, then we should just store the money on top of cabinets. The two arguments (yours about the wall and that one about vaults) equally make no sense. To appeal to the Great Wall of China and the Berlin Wall is kind of bizarre on your part since both were great successes for their intended purposes. If a "Great Southern Wall" for us would work as well as those two, our illegal immigration problems would be over.

The masses on the Mexican side are not pressing against the wall. If you had any pics of that, you would post them. To suggest that they would gather en masse and just push the wall over also makes no sense at all.

Trump did not complete all the wall because the Acme Border Wall Company did not just happen to have 1500 miles of wall already in stock and ready to install. [SARC] It takes time to do a project that large, and he only had two years to do it. How much did Biden install? For that matter, how does Biden seem to be doing?
    Uber Member

May 13, 2023, 03:19 PM
    One time Bill Clinton had it right.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/3494168164151898
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2023, 06:46 PM
    We need more immigration offices and employees plus social workers and counselors at the southern border, which means more housing, eateries, bathrooms. As I posted earlier, too many Western Hemisphere countries aren't fit to live in right now. That's why people have left them, in hopes of finding a better life in the U.S. (and Canada?). We need a plan to help the immigrants to blend in with us, just as we did the Vietnamese after the Tet Offensive. (And yes, I helped with that in my town.) Trouble is, covid has turned life upside down. Social life has drastically changed. Social isolation (now that we've lost our rudders, we socialize mostly digitally) is predominant. Week magazine this week has an interesting article about that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be punished in the same way as for adultery? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female and unmarried. I have committed a big sin.I have had sex chat with unknown males. In the middle of chatting I realize its wrong and then I stop chatting and perform obligatory ghusl as soon as possible and then I repent. I feel so ashamed of myself. But again I do the...

I'm being punished for something! [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with him for eleven years and married for five. I've never been in any relationship like this! He's been physically and emotionally abusive. He's almost 40 and acts like a eighteen year old drinking, coming home the next day, playing video games. Two out of the three jobs he's had, he's...

Being punished for being hurt by him [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im really needing some help. I've began to think that I'm crazy living with this for so long so here goes... rite after my divorce to my first husband I met this guy and he was great. He helped me through my divorce and told me what to expect... he had ben through one two himself. ...

How Can AN 18 Year Old Be punished? [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that my partner and I are male gay parents of 6 children whom we adopted through the foster care program. We have had great success with 4 of these children, all of them teens and young adults. The one I am concerned about is now 18 and thinks he owns the house and can do...

View more questions Search