Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s99raj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2005, 02:08 PM
    Laptop won't switch on
    I have a Compaq Presario 700 laptop which simply won't switch on, either by the mains or by battery; it's completely dead both ways.

Is the mainboard inside the laptop burnt out?

Could it be the charger board (I don't know exactly what that is - 've just heard of it!)?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2005, 04:40 PM
    Have you tried the old wiggle the connections thing. May be the board is fried but does anything come on. Power light etc
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2005, 07:25 PM
    Try wiggling the connections. Try removing the battery and seeing if it boots on the charger. If neither work, then it time to take it to a tech.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2005, 07:31 PM
    If you are somewhat of a techie and confident, you could open up the laptop and remove and reseat the CPU. I have seen this simple operation cause a laptop to start again when it was dead in the water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking Switch 2 Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 buildings I want to network together. They are currently being linked by 2 hubs but I would like to replace them with switches. Is there any known performance issues with linking switches together. (e.g. Bandwidth is less on the uplinked switch) I think I already know the answer but I'd...

New laptop [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased a laptop a couple of months ago. I have been using a dialup to connect to the net. I was wondering if I could use my cell phone to connect by just attaching it to my laptop and dialing out?

Best Laptop for... [ 3 Answers ]

I use Dragon Speaking Naturally, and need at least 500 MHz. I also have a preference for something light, as I travel/write, and word processing is my main desire. I want something with a screen size around 10 or 11 inches. Sound Blaster (clone) is recommended. A (built-in) CDrw/DVD would be...

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search