Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2023, 04:44 AM
    update

We now know that DOJ instructed US Marshalls to NOT arrest protesters outside of SCOTUS homes "unless absolutely necessary " .
    Microsoft Word - U.S. Marshals SCOTUS Training Slides.docx (senate.gov)

Federal Law prohibits the type of intimidation protests that occurred .
    U.S.C. Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE (govinfo.gov)

AG Garland did reaffirmed to the Senate that it is “a federal crime to protest outside of a judge’s home with the intent of influencing that judge as to a pending case.”

Mary Margaret Olohan on Twitter: "Ted Cruz: “Is it a federal crime to protest outside of a judge’s home with the intent of influencing that judge as to a pending case?” AG Garland: “The answer to that is yes.” https://t.co/zzff4UgnvJ" / Twitter

I guess the order to not arrest was another example of prosecutorial discretion.

Then Garland threw the Marshalls under the bus .

The attorney general does not make the decision to arrest. The Marshals on the scene — they do make the decision of whether to arrest.”
    DOJ Discouraged US Marshals From Arresting Illegal Protesters (dailysignal.com)

Well at least they did arrest a would be assassin .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Senator Majority leader Schmucky's scientific research [ 4 Answers ]

United States Innovation and Competition Act of 2021 sponsored by the Schmuckster formerly known as the Endless Frontier Act, proposes spending on research such as artificial intelligence, high performance computing, and advanced manufacturing, and the commercialization of those technologies .. ...

I need (2) 4.00 - 7 drive tires for 1948 Whirlwind Grass King [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1948 Whirlwind Grass King Mower w/sulky and I need (2) 4.00 - 7 Rear drive tires for it as the ones on there are dry rotted and beyond repair. I have looked everywhere and cannot find them! Can anyone help me locate them? Thanks, Prevostman

View more questions Search