Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cabledogrg11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2005, 01:29 PM
    Toilet/Shower - Venting
    I am remodeling 2 bathrooms into one. I am moving a few things around, but my question is. I had a 3" vent that went up a wall in between the 2 bathrooms, well I had to do away with it. It was at the end of the line of the rough in and 2 toilets were connected right near it. My question, there is another vent 3" located about 6' feet away for the showers. If the vent is in front of the toilets now instead of in back will this make a difference?

T is for toilet

V__T___________________V_________________ road
    Removed--------------------6' away from toilet
    Old vent--------------------is a 3" shower vent

Toby
    Pensacola, Fla.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 22, 2005, 03:11 PM
    Vents
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabledogrg11
    I am remodeling 2 bathrooms into one. I am moving a few things around, but my question is. I had a 3" vent that went up a wall in between the 2 bathrooms, well I had to do away with it. It was at the end of the line of the rough in and 2 toilets were connected right near it. My question, there is another vent 3" located about 6' feet away for the showers. If the vent is in front of the toilets now instead of in back will this make a difference?

T is for toilet

V__T___________________V_________________ road
    removed--------------------6' away from toilet
    old vent--------------------is a 3" shower vent

Toby
    Pensacola, Fla.
    Hi Toby Greetings from Sarasota,

Six feet from the fixture is the acceptable length for your 3" vent. Ican see no problems with removing the old vent. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is toilet venting shown in UPC unacceptable? [ 1 Answers ]

I was looking at "various methods for venting toilets" in excerpts from the UPC ( http://www.masterplumber.com/Laws/UPCExcerpts.html#ventexceptions).The last configuration shown is labeled as not allowed. It has both the vertical vent pipe and the vertical toilet discharge pipe connnecting to a...

Upflush toilet venting [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of finishing my basement and decided to use a Saniflo Saniplus macerating pump unit for lifting wastewater from a sink, toilet, and shower into the existing 4 " drain line (the 4" drain exits the basement approximately 4' from the basement floor). The force main is the easy...

Need some help with venting, moving toilet adding bath [ 9 Answers ]

I am moving my toilet to the other side of the bathroom, and adding a tub. My bathroom is very small 5' X 7' and I only have one existing vent. The vent is 2" in the wall and is 3" coming out of the roof. Anyway, I was wondering if this piping plan would work, or if someone has a better way to do...

Standalone toilet venting (hypothetical)? [ 1 Answers ]

If only a toilet were drained from a dwelling to a sewer/septic would it need to be vented according to code or otherwise for safety?

Question about toilet venting [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all! I stumbled upon this forum... what a godsend! Anyway, here's a question for the plumbing experts. I have two bathrooms, each with one toilet and one sink. All four of these items are vented through a single 2" pipe up to the roof. I've been having a bit of trouble with the...

View more questions Search