Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2022, 05:38 AM
    I wonder what All Out Crazy and Greta Thunberg think of this idea ?
    A trio of Dem Reps introduced a bill to subsidize American's purchases of gas .....the Gas Rebate Act of 2022 . The idea is that when the price exceeds $4/gal ,the government would send you $100 in monopoly money per month so you can fill up that SUV. The word rebate of course is a lie because a rebate assumes a return of money you have already paid into the government . In truth it is a gimme. ]

But it goes completely against all the Dem rhetoric . The emperor promised that his policies would "skyrocket " energy costs to make renewables more competitive .All Out Crazy's Green New Deal agenda depends on transitioning rapidly off of carbon based energy. You would think high gas prices makes them orgasmic. Watching these climate change warriors wringing their hands about high gas prices is comical.
    There is almost no logic to this unless you remember the progressive Dem playbook. 1st make everyone's lives miserable .Then offer gimmees as a recipe to ease the pain.

(Transition to the whispers that Clueless has been using lately ) I have a secret for you ....don't tell anyone..... the reason we are paying inflationary prices on everything including gas is because the dollar has been devalued by government gimmees that are unpaid for except through the Treasury printing monopoly money. What the government giveth the government taketh away.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2022, 06:13 AM
    Well stated. It's the insanity of our current government and we, the voters, have stood by and accepted it since, after all, they do send us LOTS of stuff.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2022, 05:11 AM
    not to worry. Clueless assures us his gimmee plans pay for themselves .
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 05:27 AM
    Yep. Something else for the gullible crowd to believe.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2022, 05:42 AM
    In his defense ;it is the pablum that the Keynesians honestly believe to be true.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 07:07 AM
    I had a liberal tell me a few weeks ago that the idea with the "Somewhat Infrastructure" bill was that it would produce economic growth and thus pay for itself in future tax revenues. If I had been a little quicker on my feet I would have pointed out that this deficit spending has been going on for more than fifty years and yet we have not reached the point where these increased revenues were actually funding spending, so when can we expect such a blessed event to occur?
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2022, 05:51 PM
    Bill Gates is sinking $43 million into a beach front home he thinks will be washed out to sea by 2050 .

Months of construction work underway on Bill Gates $43M bachelor palace San Diego suburb of Del Mar | Daily Mail Online
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Bill Gates is sinking $43 million into a beach front home he thinks will be washed out to sea by 2050 .
    So what? He'll be dead by then and would have had a number of years to enjoy this home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thunberg or is it Thunderberg [ 312 Answers ]

She could have been mistaken for an iceberg as she starred at Trump at the UN. A child shall lead them is becoming a reality in the climate debate because the time for talking is over. Either way, whether you believe as I do, that climate change is a natural process, or you believe in AGW and man's...

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Follow up to the crazy idea I had [ 9 Answers ]

Well, the results weren't what I had hoped for. I used my moms phone to text her and let her know, and she only asked if I was OK and to stay strong. I tried to guilt her saying that "he wants the plug pulled because he has nothing", or "he said he can't die with you hating him". She only replied...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search