Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 03:19 PM
    Well, you have not supported your testosterone bath idea, nor have you given any hormonal reason why a given woman feels she is a male.

Best wishes.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 03:42 PM
    How do transgender folk harm you? Why are you so against them? You couldn't pick them out of a crowd anyway. Live and let live.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Well, you have not supported your testosterone bath idea
    The Y Chromosome & Testicle Development

Testicles and ovaries develop from the same gonad tissue in a developing baby. At around the seventh week of pregnancy the SRY gene (which is only found on the Y chromosome) signals the gonad tissue to become a testicle. Since only the Y chromosome has the SRY gene, it is the Y chromosome that dictates a baby will be a boy.
    Once the SRY gene triggers the gonad to become a testicle, the testicle begins to produce three main hormones:

• Testosterone
    • DHT (dihydroxytestosterone)
    • MIH (short for Mullerian Inhibiting Hormone)

These hormones cause the creation and development of the male reproductive system and the female reproductive tracts to regress.
    https://www.menshealthhandbook.org/fetal-development

What happens to a female human fetus exposed to excess testosterone?
    Scientists have long known that prenatal exposure to androgens, such as the hormone testosterone, causes genital defects in females. Androgens act as masculinizing hormones, directing formation of male genitalia and preventing formation of a vaginal opening in boys.
    https://findanyanswer.com/how-is-a-f...o-testosterone
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2022, 05:03 AM
    This is too deep for me .I am willing to venture that the vast majority (or at least a plurality ) of Dem voters knows what a woman is .
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2022, 06:06 AM
    WG did try, but she provided nothing to support her contentions about a "testosterone bath" or TG people having a different natural hormonal makeup than others. This, for instance, is just basic ninth grade bio. "Testicles and ovaries develop from the same gonad tissue in a developing baby. At around the seventh week of pregnancy the SRY gene (which is only found on the Y chromosome) signals the gonad tissue to become a testicle. Since only the Y chromosome has the SRY gene, it is the Y chromosome that dictates a baby will be a boy." Yes, and water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen. There is nothing in science to support her idea that TG individuals have a different hormonal makeup than others. Her own link, in fact, provided the concept that X and Y chromosomes determine the sex of the new human. Perhaps she should send that to the SCOTUS nominee.

This quote would only support the idea that a woman with some sort of defect in her sex organs might have been exposed to excessive levels of testosterone in the womb. It does NOT support the idea of that being a cause of TG. "Scientists have long known that prenatal exposure to androgens, such as the hormone testosterone, causes genital defects in females. Androgens act as masculinizing hormones, directing formation of male genitalia and preventing formation of a vaginal opening in boys."

So WG is basically providing answers to questions that have not been asked. And no, that is not spitting on her link. I'm simply pointing out that she provided nothing in the way of support for her ideas.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 09:34 AM
    It was Part One.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2022, 09:37 AM
    It was part zero.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 09:41 AM
    Stay tuned.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2022, 10:21 AM
    OK, but you will need to come up with something that supports your assertions. Just random facts of science won't get it done.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 10:36 AM
    Those random facts are the basis. There will be a test next Tuesday.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 03:55 PM
    "The default gender in the womb is female, which is perhaps hardly surprising given that the womb is an environment awash with female hormones. A genetically male fetus will therefore de­velop the female form of sexual organs until ‘maleness’ is switched on by the SRY* gene on the Y chromosome, and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone." ["testosterone bath"]

In the same article:
    "A clue about the effect of hormones in the womb comes from the Diethylstilboestrol (DES) tragedy. DES is a synthetic oestrogen. From the end of the Second World War on, it was prescribed to pregnant women mainly in the US, in the mistaken belief that it would prevent miscarriage...DES was a potent carcinogen and twenty years on was dis­covered to cause a rare and sometimes fatal type of vaginal cancer in some young women who had been exposed to it in the womb, as well as infertility in others. It was withdrawn from use in 1971. The cancers affected females but there was also a curious effect on males exposed to DES: they were more likely to show female-typical behaviour such as enacting social themes in their play or caring for dolls." [transgender]
    https://healthdoctrine.com/hormones-...e-development/

*The sex-determining region Y (SRY) gene is located on the Y chromosome. SRY is the main genetic switch for the sexual development of the human male. If the SRY gene is present in a developing embryo, typically it will become male.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2022, 07:29 PM
    an environment awash with female hormones.
    I thought it was a "testosterone bath" which is a MALE hormone. Are you confused now? Which one is it?

DES was withdrawn in 71 so anyone under fifty has no side effects from that, but even at that your article was primarily about CANCER, not TG.

Your final paragraph is just more gobbley gook about general principles in bio and has nothing to do with TG or "testosterone baths".

I'm done with this foolishness. You have zero. You are just frantically throwing mud up against a wall in the hope that something will stick. It did not.

And to say again, I say that with no malice at all. I'm convinced you know all of this already. You simply have no support for your ideas.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 26, 2022, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I thought it was a "testosterone bath" which is a MALE hormone. Are you confused now? Which one is it?
    Ah, the cherry-picker, literalist at work again!

We start out as female. Estrogen. By six weeks or so into the pregnancy, the fun begins with testosterone!
    DES was withdrawn in 71 so anyone under fifty has no side effects from that, but even at that your article was primarily about CANCER, not TG.
    The cancer affected the offspring of the DES recipients, including TGs'. Read the entire article, please.
    Your final paragraph is just more gobbley gook about general principles in bio and has nothing to do with TG or "testosterone baths".
    Read the entire article.
    I'm done with this foolishness. You have zero. You are just frantically throwing it up against a wall in the hope that something will stick. It did not.
    Read the entire article.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2022, 05:18 AM
    If you have anything to offer other than asking me to read what I guess you could not figure out how to post, then go for it. Yet again I'm sorry, but what you posted offered nothing of substance at all. You have theories without support.

By six weeks or so into the pregnancy, the fun begins with testosterone!
    This is really bad. Your own post shows that is not true. "...given that the womb is an environment awash with female hormones. A genetically male fetus will therefore de­velop the female form of sexual organs until ‘maleness’ is switched on by the SRY* gene on the Y chromosome, and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone."

Must I tell you again that testosterone is NOT a "female hormone"? There is nothing there about a "testosterone bath" in the womb. It is the MALES and males only which it refers to having testosterone. Is your knowledge of science that deficient??

The plain truth is very apparent. You are so invested in your TG beliefs that you are desperately pulling at straws in the hope of accidentally finding something helpful to your beliefs. It is a sad venture to have to watch, and one which has been wildly unfruitful for you.

If you ever post anything of substance on this topic, then I'll respond. Otherwise, stick to grammar. You're good with that. Science? Fraid not. Your understanding is too, too limited and your bias overrides your common sense, a fatal flaw in science. It's like telling someone, "You should put a period there, man, because, like, I really love periods!!" (<:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2022, 09:09 AM
    I see you read and understand other things the same way you read and understand the Bible.

Maybe you will attend classes in heaven and learn how to read more carefully.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2022, 04:14 PM
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2022, 04:20 PM
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2022, 07:42 PM
    Those are hilariously accurate. Perhaps she was using the literary device of depending on the compliant press for support?
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2022, 03:29 AM
    To sum it up ;Jackson knows what a woman is . She lied about it because her confirmation is a sure thing but she does not want to anger the Dem pc/woke constituency . If she is so transparently lying about something like this then what else is she lying about ? I have surmised that her biggest lie in testimony is that she has no judicial philosophy and that her methodology is that of a textual originalism who knows the limits of the power of the judiciary . The decisions she has made that I have read do not support that of a judge who believes in judicial restraint . They support the conclusion that she is an activist judge who injects her political beliefs above determining if a law or the application of the law is constitutional .
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2022, 05:20 AM
    btw ;how did Carol King know how it feels to be a 'natural woman' ? She is not a biologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Transgender? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a crossdresser. I have been dressing since I was 11. Well, that's when I first got caught. I have a tiny penis. My step-mother used to say my small penis was a sign I should have been a girl ? It was a birth defect? She also said it was the reason I liked to wear my step-sister's clothes? She...

Muslim and transgender [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a 35 yr old muslim mother and have just found out my son might have gender dysphoria.I have been searxhing online for answers and don't really know what to do.my son is 16 and had this problem since the age of 11.I am so worried and don't know how to explain my situation.I don't know who to...

Transgender HRT [ 1 Answers ]

My question is this? I have been taking daily 250mg Spirolactone Daily,I now believe that I have rid myself of most,If not All Testosterone in my Body.I no longer get erections and my penis has shrunk very well,I am also taking 8-10mg Estrodial.My question is My Endocrinologist only wants me to...

View more questions Search