Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Stupid question? In Title IX, a female can file a legal claim regarding alleged discrimination due to her being a woman. Is that stupid to you?
    Now you've changed the question.
    Jackson's reply was ridiculous, but you can have a chance to redeem it. What context was she appealing to? And already I know you will not answer that question either. It's your way of avoiding a true discussion that might challenge your beliefs.
    I'm not a judge or a lawyer. Ask me a library question, a question about a book or movie or Dewey number, and I'll be happy to help you.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2022, 12:02 PM
    I wonder what Jen Psaki meant by this? " 'The president has stated and reiterated his commitment to nominating a black woman to the Supreme Court and certainly stands by that,' she said, declining to offer more details until the public heard from Breyer."
    Hypocrite Clueless Joe filibustered Janice Rogers Brown when she was up for the DC Circus ;and said he would do the same if she was nominated for SCOTUS .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 12:18 PM
    Now you've changed the question.

I'm not a judge or a lawyer. Ask me a library question, a question about a book or movie or Dewey number, and I'll be happy to help you.
    Then why are you commenting on a legal matter? It's just a dodge. Sad. I've really never encountered anyone at anytime so reluctant to engage in a serious discussion. Very strange, but I do wish you and the hubster the best. I'll let you and Tom discuss this. He has more patience for which I commend him.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 12:22 PM
    Then why are you commenting on a legal matter?
    I'm NOT commenting on a legal matter. It's a moral matter: discrimination.

Btw, is Caitlyn Jenner a woman? Are Chaz Bono and Elliot Page men? Guess what I am, where I fit in the LGBTQ+ community.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 12:35 PM
    No, no, and no. As for you, since you have already told us you have borne children, then you are a woman.

See how simple that is? However, you cannot comment on that since, as you said, "Ask me a library question, a question about a book or movie or Dewey number, and I'll be happy to help you." So you are out in the cold on this one. And you should not have commented on a moral matter either since it is not a "library question". Strange how you paint yourself into corners.

Enough of this silliness. You now are in Tom's domain.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 12:38 PM
    No, no, and no. As for you, since you have already told us you have borne children, then you are a woman.
    Maybe. Depends on the definition of a woman. As I just added above, I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 12:45 PM
    Depends on the definition of a woman.
    Exactly. It's why the question was asked, and it shows that it is far from being a stupid one.

A woman can sleep with five different women every week, and yet she is still a woman. That is not under debate. She is sadly deceived and afflicted, but she is still a woman.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 12:56 PM
    A "woman" can have the sex organs of a female yet can be psychologically and hormonally male. Thus, gender dysphoria. Is she a woman or a man?
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 12:59 PM
    A theory with very little support. It's like saying a person can have the organs and body of a human and yet be psychologically a dog or cat.

And your contention about women being "hormonally" male has no support that I know of unless, of course, they are taking male hormones in which case it is hardly valid.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 01:10 PM
    I'm saying that FtM TG persons have not proven to be hormonally different from other women unless, as I said, they choose to take male hormones. If you know of any valid data to the otherwise, then I'd love to see it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 01:19 PM
    A theory with very little support. It's like saying a person can have the organs and body of a human and yet be psychologically a dog or cat.
    Have you ever done an honest study of this?
    And your contention about women being "hormonally" male has no support that I know of unless, of course, they are taking male hormones in which case it is hardly valid.
    Before birth. Thus, the testosterone "bath" at six or so weeks of pregnancy.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 01:25 PM
    First of all, there is no "testosterone bath". Implantation has already taken place and so there is no "bath" at all other than amniotic fluid, or at least not that I know of. If you have any support for that (sigh), then please share it. But even at that, it would be true for ALL women, not just for TG individuals. So you have no point there at all.

Secondly, I have studied the TG matter. But the question I asked which you, as usual, dodged, is whether or not FtM TG persons have a different hormonal makeup than other women. You provided no support at all, so that pretty much answers the question.

If you are not willing to provide support for you assertions, then please just drop it. It gets tiring. It always becomes you having unsupported opinions. You are welcome to them, but you are not welcome to expect others to believe them just because you do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 01:38 PM
    First of all, there is no "testosterone bath". Implantation has already taken place and so there is no "bath" at all other than amniotic fluid, or at least not that I know of. If you have any support for that (sigh), then please share it. But even at that, it would be true for ALL women, not just for TG individuals. So you have no point there at all.
    For all pregnant women.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17074984/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 01:54 PM
    Secondly, I have studied the TG matter. But the question I asked which you, as usual, dodged, is whether or not FtM TG persons have a different hormonal makeup than other women. You provided no support at all, so that pretty much answers the question.
    I can provide immediate support from transgender females, but you spit on that. Read the link I posted above.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 02:40 PM
    I can provide immediate support from transgender females...
    Anecdotal information means essentially nothing, and they certainly can have no testimony about what happened in their sixth week of development.

As to your article, there was no mention at all of a "testosterone bath", and nothing of any real substance as to what happens in the sixth week to promote TG development, so I'm not sure what you believe your article supports.

Did you read the entire article, or only the abstract? If you read the article, did you see this?

"Despite the influences of testosterone on childhood play behaviour, and to a lesser extent on sexual orientation and core gender identity in adulthood, prenatal levels of testosterone do not appear to influence mathematical abilities or visuospatial abilities that normally show sex differences. These findings imply that sexual differentiation of human behaviour is a complicated process, and that aetiological factors differ between different psychosexual outcomes."

In other words, they can't say anything for sure. And as has become utterly predictable, you completely ignored my question. "...whether or not FtM TG persons have a different hormonal makeup than other women." The answer, of course, is that they do not.

I am not trying to cause you any emotional distress on this issue. I really don't know what part of the LGxxxxx community you belong to, and it's none of my business other than to hope you successfully navigate your way through that difficulty.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 02:59 PM
    "...whether or not FtM TG persons have a different hormonal makeup than other women." The answer, of course, is that they do not.
    Exactly! And that's why they have lost a huge amount of muscle mass.

hope you successfully navigate your way through that difficulty.
    No difficulty at all! It has saved my self esteem on many occasions and helped me immensely in school, sports, and marriage.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 03:00 PM
    Uhm...FtM means female to male. You read it backwards. The females who want to become males have, initially, no different hormonal makeup than other women, so it is not a hormonally driven issue.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 03:02 PM
    And that's why they have gained a huge amount of muscle mass. Oh, that testosterone!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 03:07 PM
    Exactly! And that's why they have lost a huge amount of muscle mass.
    And that's why they have gained a huge amount of muscle mass.
    Or something like that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 03:12 PM
    I corrected my verb. Husband had been talking to me about Brussels sprouts while I was posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Transgender? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a crossdresser. I have been dressing since I was 11. Well, that's when I first got caught. I have a tiny penis. My step-mother used to say my small penis was a sign I should have been a girl ? It was a birth defect? She also said it was the reason I liked to wear my step-sister's clothes? She...

Muslim and transgender [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a 35 yr old muslim mother and have just found out my son might have gender dysphoria.I have been searxhing online for answers and don't really know what to do.my son is 16 and had this problem since the age of 11.I am so worried and don't know how to explain my situation.I don't know who to...

Transgender HRT [ 1 Answers ]

My question is this? I have been taking daily 250mg Spirolactone Daily,I now believe that I have rid myself of most,If not All Testosterone in my Body.I no longer get erections and my penis has shrunk very well,I am also taking 8-10mg Estrodial.My question is My Endocrinologist only wants me to...

View more questions Search