Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2022, 12:52 PM
    And Jackson replied that she is not a biologist in that context.

“Not in this context. I’m not a biologist."

She continued, "Senator, in my work as a judge, what I do is I address disputes. If there is a dispute about a definition, people make arguments, and I look at the law, and I decide. So I'm not---"

At that point, Blackburn rudely interrupted.

How do you think Jackson should have answered?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2022, 02:30 PM
    Nailed it.

"You will simply respond with a question of some sort or an unrelated statement. It's what you always do. That is not at all intended to be an ugly or disrespectful comment. It simply reflects what I have encountered here. I sincerely hope you will prove me wrong at this point."

Dictionary.com. "An adult female person." It sure seems to work well.

And STILLLLLLL the unanswered question. "If one can't define what a ‘woman’ is, how can one protect ‘women’ from discrimination?"
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2022, 05:29 PM
    I don’t know what snow is because I’m not a meteorologist.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2022, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I don’t know what snow is because I’m not a meteorologist.
    Very true. You cannot explain in detail the entire process of how snow comes to exist.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2022, 05:46 PM
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2022, 05:53 PM
    Very true. You cannot explain in detail the entire process of how snow comes to exist.

Not difficult at all to explain .Warm, moist air rises from the Earth's surface into colder layers of the atmosphere. Clouds form . Ice crystals start to form once cloud temperatures reach about 14 degrees Fahrenheit or lower. Ice crystals in clouds bond until they become heavy enough for gravity to do it's thing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2022, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    No, he isn't. (Throughout history, non-medical people have delivered babies.) The external sex organs are the visual sign of gender. But there are internal indicators as well.

Not difficult at all to explain
    Not specific enough. Also, please tighten up your punctuation.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2022, 03:22 AM
    What don't you understand about how snow happens? I gave you the science; something the transformer advocates ignore .
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 04:51 AM
    All of the "context" nonsense is just a smokescreen. Context does not change the definition of "woman". Ms. Jackson just sensed that giving an accurate definition of the word was going to put her in a corner on TG issues, so she chickened out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    All of the "context" nonsense is just a smokescreen. Context does not change the definition of "woman". Ms. Jackson just sensed that giving an accurate definition of the word was going to put her in a corner on TG issues, so she chickened out.
    Read the entire context!!! She said she'd do the correct, legal thing, what should be done once the details are known.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 09:50 AM
    Smokescreen. The average sixth grader knows what a "woman" is. She was just fearful to answer. The definition of "woman" is a "detail" that must be known? What a strange world you live in.

Truly, she seems to be a lot like you, which is to say unwilling to engage in a serious discussion by answering a serious question such as, "If one can't define what a ‘woman’ is, how can one protect ‘women’ from discrimination?" And no, that is not a mean comment. As I've said before, I fervently hope you will prove me wrong. Alas, that seems unlikely considering that you had a half-dozen or so opportunities yesterday and passed on all of them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 10:01 AM
    Smokescreen. The average sixth grader knows what a "woman" is.
    Apparently, you don't know what a woman is.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 10:08 AM
    I have both given you my definition in post 66 and given a dictionary definition later, so your comment really has the appearance of lying. I sincerely hope that is not the case. Perhaps you just forgot???

To make matters worse, it is actually YOU who has been fearful of answering this question ("If one can't define what a ‘woman’ is, how can one protect ‘women’ from discrimination?") and has, as best as I recall, not given her own definition of what "woman" means. Wonder why?

And please don't respond with a silly counter-accusation that I have been lying. We both know that is not true. Perhaps simply answering the question I posed above would be a good start to a serious, adult discussion?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 10:11 AM
    She was just fearful to answer. The definition of "woman" is a "detail" that must be known? What a strange world you live in.
    She wasn't "fearful to answer"! Each court case is different as to details. All those details must be known before a decision can be made.

Medical science now accepts the possibility that a fetus developing in the womb can, with the flow of estrogen and progesterone, form a female brain. Yet at six weeks or so a surge of testosterone would cause the development of male genitals. Result: a binary problem and the gender dysphoria experienced by women beginning when they were children.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 10:13 AM
    Neither you nor I have any real knowledge of why she did not answer, but we do know that she DID NOT answer.

And STILLLLLLL there remains this unanswered question. "If one can't define what a ‘woman’ is, how can one protect ‘women’ from discrimination?" And I wonder why YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED!!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 10:24 AM
    I wonder what Jen Psaki meant by this? " 'The president has stated and reiterated his commitment to nominating a black woman to the Supreme Court and certainly stands by that,' she said, declining to offer more details until the public heard from Breyer."

Did anyone have any trouble understanding what that meant?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 10:26 AM
    Neither you nor I have any real knowledge of why she did not answer, but we do know that she DID NOT answer.
    Jackson herself said why she didn't answer.
    And STILLLLLLL there remains this unanswered question. "If one can't define what a ‘woman’ is, how can one protect ‘women’ from discrimination?" And I wonder why YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED!!
    Why are you obsessing over protecting women from discrimination? Each and every human being should be protected from discrimination!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 10:30 AM
    Why are you afraid to answer a simple question? "If one can't define what a ‘woman’ is, how can one protect ‘women’ from discrimination?"

As you well know by now, I delight in pointing out here the many questions that you liberals on this site simply refuse to answer. It is a hesitancy and seeming fearfulness that I find amazing. I rarely encounter that any place but here.

Jackson did not say why she declined to answer other than a silly, lame appeal to context and an equally lame statement about not being a biologist. It was an absurd, evasive reply. There was no context. It was a simple, straightforward question.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2022, 10:40 AM
    Why are you afraid to answer a simple question? "If one can't define what a ‘woman’ is, how can one protect ‘women’ from discrimination?"
    Why don't I? Because it's a stupid question.
    Jackson did not say why she declined to answer other than a silly, lame appeal to context and an equally lame statement about not being a biologist. It was an absurd, evasive reply. There was no context. It was a simple, straightforward question.
    You stomp on any and every comment or answer you don't like/agree with/understand.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2022, 10:47 AM
    Stupid question? In Title IX, a female can file a legal claim regarding alleged discrimination due to her being a woman. Is that stupid to you?

Jackson's reply was ridiculous, but you can have a chance to redeem it. What context was she appealing to? And already I know you will not answer that question either. It's your way of avoiding a true discussion that might challenge your beliefs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Transgender? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a crossdresser. I have been dressing since I was 11. Well, that's when I first got caught. I have a tiny penis. My step-mother used to say my small penis was a sign I should have been a girl ? It was a birth defect? She also said it was the reason I liked to wear my step-sister's clothes? She...

Muslim and transgender [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a 35 yr old muslim mother and have just found out my son might have gender dysphoria.I have been searxhing online for answers and don't really know what to do.my son is 16 and had this problem since the age of 11.I am so worried and don't know how to explain my situation.I don't know who to...

Transgender HRT [ 1 Answers ]

My question is this? I have been taking daily 250mg Spirolactone Daily,I now believe that I have rid myself of most,If not All Testosterone in my Body.I no longer get erections and my penis has shrunk very well,I am also taking 8-10mg Estrodial.My question is My Endocrinologist only wants me to...

View more questions Search