Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cruzen7 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 01:51 PM
    B&S 11hp Riding Lawnmower
    Mower was running fine - had to put it in reverse and now the brake/clutch is stuck all the way down - you can change into any gear(which I'm guessing means the clutch is depressed) - will not go into gear though and will not move - How can fix this?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 21, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Please do not multi post.
    When you step on the clutch -- a cable pulls a idler pulley back that's on a idler arm causing slack in the belt. It sounds like the idler arm is not returning. This could be caused by the arm binding on the pivot point [oil it and work it back and forth], a broken return spring,
    Or
    A bad belt will also cause no go. -- Savage

Apr 21, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Sorry about the multi post. Anyhow, its not the spring or the belt - they're intact. The pivot point is locked but it WILL NOT move, no matter how much you oil it. The bar connecting the brake/clutch to the pivot point won't go back. Any other ideas?

Apr 21, 2007, 02:38 PM
    I'll send a pic to show you what I mean.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 21, 2007, 04:00 PM
    That would help -- each model is just enough different to make any generalization hard -- Savage

Apr 22, 2007, 11:38 AM
    :confused: How can I get a file loaded? It says they're too big - .jpg.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Apr 27, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Sounds like the brake latch is set, you neeed to find the mechanism for the parking brake and look closely.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My murray 11hp riding lawn mower will not start. [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried all I know to try and still my murray 11hp mower won't run. I need to know if there are any more fuses besides the one by the celenoid. I replaced the battery, starter switch, celanoid, sparkplug, and 15amp fuse by the celenoid. Are there any more fuses that I should look for? ...

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

B&S 11hp Riding Lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

Mower was running fine - had to put it in reverse and now the brake/clutch is stuck all the way down - you can change into any gear(which I'm guessing means the clutch is depressed) - will not go into gear though and will not move - How can fix this?

Craftsman 11hp riding mower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who has an old Craftsman 11hp riding mower and is having some problems. The ignition switch was broken and has been started with a screwdriver until it finally broke. I got a replacement switch today and installed it and now as soon as it is put in the "on" position the engine...

View more questions Search