Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 11:03 AM
    They weren't trampled. Look closely. The horse hopped over them. Both were helped up and then walked away, the woman with a person assisting her. (And why was an elderly woman -- using a wheeled walker (mobility scooter) -- in the front row of protesters???)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2022, 11:50 AM
    The woman's name is Candice Sero ,She is an indigenous Mohawk and had every right to be at the protest. She was there to support the fight against vaccine mandates. She doesn't appear to be in the" front row" as the Mounties drove a wedge through the crowd . The trampling she took was enough to send her to the hospital with a shoulder injury. She has been released .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 11:54 AM
    I didn't say she had no right to be there. Her fall to the pavement was enough to cause a shoulder injury. Again, she was NOT trampled!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2022, 12:21 PM
    Unfortunately for her, she was not a BLM protestor. If that had been the case, then the story would be at the top of every news site for a week. Being merely a conservative, we are instead assured that she was NOT trampled.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 12:38 PM
    Trampled is trampled. Knocked over is knocked over.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2022, 12:43 PM
    And wrong is wrong. When the border patrol agents were NOT using split reins to whip illegal border crossers, you had a fit, but when mounted police basically run over a peaceful protestor using a walker, you seem to be fine with that. Strange.

Your point is fair enough. She apparently was not trampled (walked on by the horse), but instead was violently knocked over by the horse. Are we to feel better about that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 12:45 PM
    Not true. I hadn't reacted as you claim. Stop trying to start a war with me.

The horse bumped up against her (want me to tell you how fragilely balanced a woman on a walker is?), then the horse behind that horse jumped over her fallen body. Apparently, you've never ridden a horse that has an obstacle on the ground in front of it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2022, 01:35 PM
    100,000 trucks in the protest throughout the country . No stores looted . No arson incidents , So far the only violence I've seen is the Mounties riding their horses through protesters and over protesters ;and a terrorist attack on a gas link pipeline by eco -terrorists wielding axes that caused $millions in damage But son of Fidel ,Justin Trudeau ,thinks the truckers are the terrorists .
    'This has gone way too far': Investigators begin probing violent attack on Coastal GasLink site | Financial Post

She drinks Tim Hortons Coffee . The best brand I've tasted .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 01:41 PM
    They (the truckers) started it! And in doing so, they made fools of themselves and messed up the economy even worse than it was. There are much more constructive ways to protest.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2022, 02:02 PM
    yeah I know ...... <sarc> mostly peaceful </sarc>
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 02:05 PM
    Good luck finding stuff on your shopping list.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2022, 02:30 PM
    Like I said earlier, if this was a BLM protest with burning buildings and the destruction of private and public property with mounted police injuring protestors, then the liberals would be singing a different tune.

They (the truckers) started it
    I imagine the Brits used the same argument against the Boston Tea Party patriots.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2022, 02:31 PM
    I did not hear you raise this concern when truckers were prevented from picking up freight in California ports .

There were supply chain shortages before the trucker protest . Ironically one of the reasons they are protesting is that they WANT TO DO THEIR JOBS ;but are deprived from crossing the border without draconian unnecessary vax mandates .

I had a simple rule in my plant . Truckers were to back up to the bay with their trailer open . My warehouse people were to off load or load the cargo . Truckers were allowed into the plant to 1 . inspect their trailer after the load/off load 2 . To sign off on invoices and BOLs . 3. Use the bathrooms . When they entered the plant they signed waivers and had a temperature test .
    There was almost no exposure in the plant because of truckers . So I was not concerned about their vax status .

Besides back in the early days of covid ,truckers were vital "essential " workers and were given many waivers from the rules the government imposed on the rest of the nation.

Something happened and the power we gave the government went to their heads .Essential workers of the past are now demonized . Meanwhile the CDC lies and withholds vital information to policy makers .

The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Like I said earlier. If this was a BLM protest with burning buildings and the destruction of private and public property with mounted police injuring protestors, then the liberals would be singing a different tune.
    BLM protest? Fine.

Burning buildings and the destruction of private and public property? Nope. Opportunists at work.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2022, 02:45 PM
    Isn't that exactly what the truckers are doing? A protest with no burning buildings and no destruction of property, and still we've yet to see you post, "Fine."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2022, 03:02 PM
    No destruction of property? How about no interference with traffic and city life and commerce? Wonder why car prices are sky high?

As I posted earlier in this thread, there are much more constructive ways to protest.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2022, 03:53 PM
    How about no interference with traffic and city life and commerce?
    Did not hear such concern when the Occupy movement and the CHOP in Seattle and various occupation zones like the one by city hall in NYC were ongoing .
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2022, 04:05 PM
    Exactly correct. It's all politically driven.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2022, 04:05 PM
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2022, 04:12 PM
    Here is Son of Fidel Trudeau taking the knee against police brutality

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We got us a convoy! [ 19 Answers ]

Protests these days have to be big to be heard so the truckers in Australia have got themselves a convoy or is it 11 convoys focusing in on the National capital to shoo that little red fox out of the hen house. This is really putting your money where your mouth is Steer clear of protest convoys,...

View more questions Search