Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kentuckymama1201 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Auto accident
    I simply need to know if an accident occurs and the person not at fault does not have insurance, can he/she still sue the person at fault? I am asking in terms of Kentucky No-Fault Insurance law.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 21, 2007, 01:43 PM
    if the laws in your state are like the no fault laws here -- no insurance = car being on the road illegally, which would = your screwed. -- Savage
    Adjuster76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Yes! You can recover you damages. If the person involved in the loss is uninsured then you only means is small claims court. The term "No-Fault" is thrown around loosely but it only refers to any medical exposures. (ie. Injury resulting from an auto accident).

Kentucky is a "pure comparative" negligence state. That means that each party is able to recover any damages acquired from an auto accident according to the % not at fault.

Example.
    If you are 100% not at fault then you are owed 100% of you damages.
    If you are found 10% at fault then you can only recover 90% of you damages.

You would need to sue under Kentucky Small Claims court.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Kristoph Searles
    Claims Adjuster, National CAT Team.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto Accident [ 2 Answers ]

I got in a minor accident and the police weren't called. After a very little bit, I realized what a huge mistake that was. I accidentally rear ended someone and the damage was very minor. We exchanged information. What liabilities did I open myself up to? Thanks for the help.

Please help: Auto accident [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, In 2005, I met with an accident while coming from work just one block after I put my car into the road. I had my two kids(ages 6 & 8) in the back of my SUV and they were fighting about the Harry Potter movie they had seen. I turned back for like a second to tell them to stop...

Auto accident [ 1 Answers ]

Today, I backed up into a car coming out of a parking lot. I know it was my fault. I was only going like two miles an hour. I hit his front bender slightly. I couldn't see any damage except for a small scratch and he was claiming that they wouldn't be able to fix it and he might have to get a...

Auto Accident Help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was involved in an auto accident and I live in California. This is my first accident and I'm not sure what to do and what not to do. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and here is my story. 8/19/06 I was sitting at a red light second car in line. The light turned green the car in front...

Auto Accident In Ny [ 4 Answers ]

Scenario: Woman takes prescription medicine before driving. She later dozes off at the wheel and wrecks rental car. She admits to the cop she fell asleep.She is not charged with driving while impaired and goes and seeks medical care from her doctor for her injuries. She has now been told the...

View more questions Search