Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2022, 03:53 AM
    The Great Train Robbery
    So once the goods FINALLY make it to port (now backing up Southern and Eastern ports ) the containers are loaded onto trucks for delivery ;or onto freight trains .

The goods are on the way ? Well maybe and maybe not .
    Making a comeback is the Great Train Robbery .

The Great Train Robbery - YouTube

Photos and videos showing piles of empty boxes littered alongside rail tracks in Los Angeles County, California have gone viral as shipping companies say they've seen a dramatic spike in railroad theft. Some of the boxes are packages from companies like UPS, Amazon and FedEx.

Union Pacific, one of the country's largest railroad companies, says it may avoid operating in Los Angeles County following the spike in thefts, which it blames on lax prosecution of crimes. The containers and trains are locked, but can be broken into.
    Union Pacific said last month in a letter to the Los Angeles District Attorney that it saw a 160% year-over-year increase in theft in LA county. The company claims that a December 2020 special directive issued by District Attorney George Gascón that changed how low-level offenses are prosecuted has contributed to the uptick.
    Union Pacific said in its letter that in the last three months of the year it made over 100 arrests of "active criminals vandalizing our trains" in partnership with the LA police department and Los Angeles Sherriff department. But Union Pacific, which has its own police department with jurisdiction over the 32,000 miles of tracks it owns, said that even as it has expanded its security resources and partnered more closely with local law enforcement, the problem isn't going away. After being arrested individuals are released from custody within 24 hours, it said.
    Thieves in LA are looting freight trains filled with packages from UPS, FedEx and Amazon - CNN

Trains are forced to slow down along their route . That gives thieves the opportunity to board the trains with bolt cutters and break into shipping containers .They throw the boxes of goods from the train and pick through them at their leisure .

The prize package is an Amazon package, a UPS package meant to deliver to homes .
    Supply Chains Threatened As Thieves Hit Cargo Shipments - YouTube

So when you go on line and wonder why your package has not arrived as promised ;now you know why.

There is a word for this type of theft . It is called piracy and those who do this should be treated as pirates .Article 1, Section 8 gives Congress the power to define and fight piracy.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2022, 06:32 AM
    But if we had better trained police, and had social workers accompanying them, then all those thieves would stop stealing, get a job, and become responsible citizens.

Or something like that.

Remember that in parts of Cali, the thieves are OK so long as the value of their theft does not top 1,000 dollars. After all, poor people have to steal in order to survive. Isn't that what some liberal dems have told us?
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2022, 09:04 AM
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

An official with Union Pacific (UP) revealed late last week that the organization believes that approximately 90 shipping containers are compromised by theives every day as images
    90 a day. Unreal.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2022, 09:11 AM
    More info.
    Guerrero said that the problem is so bad that Union Pacific is now evaluating “serious changes to our operating plans to avoid Los Angeles County.”
    One individual that The Los Angeles Times interviewed, who apparently steals things off the trains, said that he has found everything from a Louis Vuitton purse to a robotic arm worth tens of thousands of dollars. “We find things here and there, make some money off of it,” the man said.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/union...ent=non_member

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas law for great aunt getting custody of great niece and nephew from c.p.s.and mom [ 2 Answers ]

I had kinship of my great niece and nephew, now they are in foster care. I think they belong with a family member who knows them and they know. I just don't know how to go about getting them back in our life. Please help! I don't know how to get this started. Their mom don't seem to be even trying...

Great face? Or great body [ 15 Answers ]

Which do you prefer... a woman who is pretty in the face... doesn't have a horrible body but is about 10 pounds too heavy.. ok 15. OR a bod that won't quit and a face that is average at best( and I am being KIND.) I am asking for a friend... ;) The personality is dazzling for both women. ( OK I...

Great R&B Song, Great Lyrics - Who's the Artist and what's the Title? Thanks [ 1 Answers ]

Singers: Male and Female duet. Female:- The sunlight smiles faithful every day for you. No one comes close to the joy you bring to me; whisper's like the summer's breeze. To put my mind at ease. When I look into your eye's I invision you and me on LOVE'S JOURNEY. So I wrote this melody because...

Great music. Great story, too [ 1 Answers ]

I like the music tremendously! And the pictures tell the fantastic story well. We Didn't Start The Fire Make certain your speakers are turned up.

View more questions Search