Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2023, 05:11 PM
    Poland could probably beat Russia in a conventional war. But that is not the point .

Kalingrad is well armed ;both Army and the Russian Baltic fleet. The Wagners only role is to creating a provocation and maybe get backed up by the Belarus forces. An attack ,means article 5 is invoked .

I think it is a diversion that could get out of control.

The news today also said that Ukraine has now committed it's main forces to the offensive. It is a desperate attempt to surge up the middle of Russian entrenched positions with the hope of a breakout that would cut Russian troops in Ukraine in two ;and to deny a land supply route to Crimea.

Ukraine sends fresh troops into the battlefield in new push against the Russians - POLITICO

Your Thursday Briefing: Ukraine Launches Full Offensive - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2023, 05:39 PM
    Ukraine might well discover the old maxim that defensive efforts are generally easier to conduct than offensive operations.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2023, 12:26 PM
    More today

Poland puts NATO on alert after Belarus violates airspace sparking hybrid warfare fears (msn.com)

Just to refresh memory . Russia's invasion happened in the wake of Russian exercises near the Ukraine border .
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2023, 03:36 AM
    Belarus is conducting exercises near the Suwalki Gap . They are being trained by Wagner "mutineers " . The Gap is 40 miles long , If Russia moves in from Kaliningrad and Belarus from the South they could cut off the Baltic States from NATO.

Belarus begins military drills near its border with Poland and Lithuania as tensions heighten (msn.com)

History repeating , Wars in Europe became WWII with invasions of Poland. I don't anticipate it happening . But they are playing with fire. Provocations can spiral out of control.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2023, 01:30 AM
    Poland is sending an additional 10,000 troops to their Belarus border .

Poland now says it will deploy 10,000 troops to Belarus border (msn.com)
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2023, 04:42 AM
    "There shall be wars and rumors of wars."
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2023, 04:56 AM
    That's why peace through strength is a must If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2023, 05:32 AM
    That's why peace through strength is a must If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.
    Very true, and it's why we should be greatly concerned about the performance of our present government. The continuous deficit spending we are engaging in will eventually put us in a position of economic weakness that will inevitably spread to the military. There is no substitute for making good decisions. Wanting to see women in all combat related positions is another poor idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need job in Russia [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am Sivaraj. Aged 31 years, Married, Complete B.C.S. graduation. I knew English, Tamil. I don't know Russian language. But I would like to study. I am having disability in my legs. Is there anyone offering job to me? Contact info edited <<<<<

Hi, I am doing M B B S in Russia.. [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing MBBS in Russia now, I would like to continue my PG studies in USA, what should I do for that?

Going To Russia [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone had travel experience in Russia? I've heard you have to get an invitation to get a visa, and you can only get roubles in Russia. I've been learning some basic Russian on the internet. Are English or French widely spoken anywhere in Moscow or St. Petersburg?

Russia [ 2 Answers ]

How big is Russia? How many different lanuages are in Russia? What is Russian Population, or how many people are currently living there??

View more questions Search