Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2021, 11:48 AM
    Peppermint Patty Psaki's snark comment becomes policy
    A couple weeks ago She was being asked by a reporter during a Daily Briefing if the US should be sending out rapid covid tests to Americans for free or reduced cost . Her dismissive mocking ,snarky;with a sarcastic smirk reply was ;“Should we just send one to every American?” ... “How much does that cost, and then what happens after that?”

Maybe Clueless was awakened to hear the exchange and said .....hmmm that's a good idea . Because yesterday he announced that 500 million rapid tests would be made available for free.
    So evidently the answer to her question was 'YES' .

She's a telling example of how Clueless is "changing the tone" in Washington .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2021, 12:18 PM
    “How much does that cost,
    Since when does anyone in D.C. care about costs? In the brave new world of just printing money, I'm surprised she even considers it to be a serious problem.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2021, 12:44 PM
    A couple of weeks ago, we were riding down the crest of the covid wave with more people getting vaxxed and fewer sick or even dying. Then oh my cron showed up to ruin everything. Home testing hasn't been an issue until now, especially with the holidays -- and family/religious/public gatherings -- upon us.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2021, 01:30 PM
    Home testing hasn't been an issue until now,
    When Trump was President the lack of testing was a major issue,

The CDC’s struggle to get coronavirus test kits out, explained - Vox

One of the biggest failures — possibly the single biggest failure — of the United States’ response to coronavirus pandemic is our failure to deploy tests that will allow doctors, patients, and public health officials to determine who is infected.
    Coronavirus: Trump declares state of emergency, says none of this is his fault - Vox

Trump Administration Confronts New Coronavirus Testing Woes - WSJ

Great Britain has been distributing them to citizens since April
    Covid: Tests to be offered twice-weekly to all in England - BBC News
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2021, 04:03 PM
    Trouble is, on Tuesday you can test negative, and then be exposed and become infected on Thursday.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2021, 05:10 PM
    Omicron is a gift .It will bring us closer than ever to herd immunity with minimal cost .

A couple developments today .

After nearly two years, scientists at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research believe they have developed a vaccine that is effective against all COVID and SARS variants.

Researchers at the Maryland-based facility expect to officially announce the completion of the vaccine in the coming weeks.

US Army Creates Single Vaccine Against All COVID & SARS Variants, Researchers Say - Defense One

Omnicron cases are dropping in South Africa suggesting the spike is short lived .
    Case drop may show South Africa's omicron peak has passed (thedenverchannel.com)

Pfizer therapeutic pill approved by FDA
    Pfizer Covid pill: FDA authorizes first oral antiviral to treat coronavirus infection - CNN

I'm sure Clueless will take all credit .
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2021, 05:15 PM
    add one more . SCOTUS will hear challenges to Clueless vax mandates January
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2021, 02:47 AM
    Asked why it took so long for Clueless to provide testing ;he said “Come on, ‘What took so long’? It didn’t take long at all. What happened was the Omicron virus spread more rapidly than anyone thought.”

LIE !

This was the NY Slimes a month ago
    “Just two days after the world learned of the variant, the World Health Organization officially labeled it a ‘variant of concern,’ its most serious category — the first since the Delta variant, which emerged a year ago. The designation means that the variant has mutations that might make it more contagious or more virulent, or make vaccines and other preventive measures less effective.”
    Omicron Variant Prompts Travel Bans and Batters World Markets - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

We also knew from South Africa that the Omicron variant spreads rapidly . Americans for weeks have been looking for the rapid tests only to find out they are largely sold out until well into January. In NYC ,at testing centers ,people are standing in long lines outside in the cold .
    Long lines for COVID testing in NYC persist: 'This is hell' (pix11.com)
    This reminds me of the time when I was parked for hours ,even with an appointment ,to get tested when I had the virus early April 2020. The virus was a new problem that was only beginning to surge in NY . To have the same 20 months later is unacceptable . Clueless is going to open a total of 10 additional sites in NYC ;the equivalent of using a water pistol to put out a forest fire .
    Biden launching COVID test sites, 1K troops to ease NYC lines (nypost.com)

He's a one trick pony . Get vaxed ;get vaxed . The fact that Omicron is spreading so rapidly because it is infecting the vaxed escapes him.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2021, 04:24 AM
    A blast from the past

Remarks by President Biden Celebrating Independence Day and Independence from COVID-19 | The White House

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will pure peppermint extract come up positive on an EtG test? [ 11 Answers ]

If I had an EtG test done for alcohol will pure peppermint extract with alcohol come back positive for alcohol if you drink it every day?

A Patty Loveless Song [ 1 Answers ]

Patty Loveless released a song and in the chorus the word if it were'nt for you I'd never found you, are in it. Can you please help me find the title to this song. I believe it came out aroung 1990 to 1994, and I don't know the title to it. Thank you nucklehead.

St. Patty's day [ 5 Answers ]

Have a great St. patty's day everyone

View more questions Search