Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2021, 03:27 PM
    I am determined to keep this board active . But I would prefer it wasn't an echo chamber

The arsonist who set fire to the Fox Christmas tree was released with no bail less than 24 hours after committing this crime . Sandinista Bill cannot exit soon enough
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 05:10 AM
    This week, the head of the Los Angeles police union, Jamie McBride, warned people to stay out of the city, explaining, "We can't guarantee your safety. It is really, really out of control." Former LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said of LA , "Rome is burning.".

Great job ;anarchy achieved ;the leftist utopia realized
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 05:19 AM
    Madam Mim responded to San Francisco Mayor London Breed's announced crime crackdown
    RAW: Mayor London Breed Announces Crime Crackdown in Tenderloin - AIR.TV

Madam Mim said ;

What it is, it's absolutely outrageous. Obviously, it cannot continue. But the fact is that there is an attitude of lawlessness in our country that springs from I don't know where. Maybe you do. And we cannot have that lawlessness become the norm. And these people have -- they have -- they coordinate with each other, and they plan traffic patterns and the rest so that they can reach their goal and depart very quickly.

And some of it is, again, high-level stores, as the retailers have told us, and some of it is your local Walgreens. But none of it is acceptable, and again, it is -- it has to be stopped. And again, showing that people are not being able to profit from that isn't like somebody stealing something to go home because they don't have the money to buy.

This is about stealing for profit. They have to prove where it came from. It's outrageous, and it must -- I agree with the mayor. It must be stopped. And it's not just San Francisco, it's in our entire country, and that's evidenced by the appeals that we are receiving from across the country for the legislation.

So, I hope that that will be soon. And for many reasons, including the provenance of the goods.

Really ??? She doesn't know where the lawlessness comes from ? I suggest she and all the permissive lefties should look in the mirror .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2021, 05:50 AM
    Yep. "Defund the police", fatherless families, and supporting criminals couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 07:01 AM
    add to that lenient bail policies, restraints on impactful police procedures , and progressive prosecutors. The Senate Judiciary Committee held a forum in Chi-town Monday to discuss crime . But it focused mostly on the legal purchase of guns by lawful citizens . GOP members did not participate mostly because committee chair Durbin held it in Chi-town instead of DC. They requested that it be held virtually so they could participate as many Dem hearings have happened since Covid . Durbin refused .

Meeting | Hearings | United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary

Judiciary Committee Republicans Seek Hearing on Spike in Violent Crime (senate.gov)
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2021, 07:39 AM
    Here's another good one . LA DA George Gascon says that the murderer of Jacqueline Avant ,Aariel Maynor never got proper "intervention" .

As far as we can see, he never received any meaningful intervention that may have helped him set his life on a different path.”

The real issue is that he was on parole and has a very large previous criminal history at the time of the murder .

We can look at weak prosecutors all we want to. The truth is that in almost all cases they are ELECTED to the job . Gascon won his election handily . So where does the fault lie ?
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2021, 10:45 AM
    Exactly. It is our own national stupidity that is at fault. Electing Biden is a perfect illustration. I’m no fan of Trump, but he did at least have some notable successes. Biden wasn’t much when his mind was sharp much less now.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2021, 06:30 AM
    Just goes to show you that all students can learn.

Most recently is San Francisco Mayor London Breed. In July 2020 while nationwide protests were reaching their zenith, the Democratic mayor announced $120 million in budget cuts to the city’s police department and promised to reinvestment those funds in communities.

But an ongoing wave of crime and violence impacting her city has evidently made her change her mind. Earlier this month Mayor Breed unveiled a series of proposals aimed at curbing the mayhem, including securing emergency funds for law enforcement.

The plan includes more police funding for overtime officers. Breed noted that vacation and time off have been canceled for officers in an effort to address the spike in crime.
    So the first message was, "Police, go jump in a lake," but now it's a message that we need you so much we are willing to cancel your vacation and leave times so you can work overtime cleaning up the mess caused by Mayor Breed. Wonder how many cop votes she'll get in the next election?

At least she is not alone in her misery.

Across the San Francisco Bay, Oakland officials have reversed plans to cut the city’s police department following a surge in violence that included roving armed caravans, an uptick in homicides and brazen smash-and-grab burglaries.

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf has pledged to hire more police officers after suggesting that police officers should be replaced by public employees who can respond to traumatic scenes and other situations she described as unrelated to law enforcement.
    Yeah, thank goodness for the liberal dem, female mayors. How would we get by without them? <sarc>
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2021, 08:11 AM
    And a little more.

Following 2020’s already historically bloodied year, 12 major U.S. cities – all run by Democrats – have broken annual homicide records for 2021. For Texas, Austin was among those cities on the nationwide list, but contrastingly, Dallas’ fate is more optimistic, as crime is declining. This year through Nov. 30, Dallas saw an 8.47% reduction in overall violent crime compared with last year, according to statistics from the violent crime reduction plan update presented last week to City Council’s Public Safety Committee. Murders are down by 12.23%, while total robberies also declined by 29.04%.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2021, 09:53 AM
    Let's get rid of guns.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2021, 10:21 AM
    Should we also get rid of knives and clubs and ropes as well? Of course the criminals will not give their weapons up, so will we all be left like sheep to be slaughtered?

Come to think of it, maybe I'll pass on that one. That's especially true when I look at the near-totalitarian state Australia has become.

Consider these knife laws in England.

You should contact your local police to check if a knife or weapon is illegal.
    Good reasons for carrying a knife or weapon

Examples of good reasons to carry a knife or weapon in public can include:

• taking knives you use at work to and from work
    • taking it to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
    • if it’ll be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, for example the kirpan some Sikhs carry
    • if it’ll be used in a demonstration or to teach someone how to use it

A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife or a weapon if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.
    https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2021, 10:35 AM
    Yes, allow only butter knives and cheese knives (blade has smooth edges, may be short). When I get to heaven, I plan to fuse closed all gun barrels.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2021, 11:08 AM
    As I oftentimes say, everyone here is welcome to his/her opinion. Hope you are doing well.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2022, 06:15 AM
    Unfortunately for NYC ;George Soros backed Alvin Bragg ,the new DA, is a clown act He has vowed to go easy in sentencing on almost every crime except murder, domestic violence and sexual assault .He instructed his staff to instructed his staff to stop prosecuting many low-level offenses, to seek reduced charges for certain crimes and not to ask for bail except in the most serious cases.

“This rule may be excepted only in extraordinary circumstances based on a holistic
    analysis of the facts, criminal history, victim’s input (particularly in cases of
    violence or trauma), and any other information available,”

NYPD Commissioner Keechant Sewell sent an e-mail to cops on Friday saying she’s “concerned” for their safety.

“I have studied these policies and I am very concerned about the implications to your safety as police officers, the safety of the public and justice for the victims,” “I am making my concerns known to the Manhattan District Attorney and hope to have frank and productive discussions to try and reach more common ground.”

Unfortunately it looks like Eric Adams will take Bragg's side . I am beginning to have real doubts about Adams
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2022, 06:45 AM
    He has vowed to go easy in sentencing on almost every crime except murder...
    It is well known that nearly half of all murders are committed by young black men, so does that make the DA a racist guilty of exercising clear discrimination by singling out a crime far more likely to be committed by a particular race???
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2022, 04:54 PM
    Mayor Beetlejuice thinks she has done such a good job in Chi town that she deserves a raise .

Lightfoot Proposes Annual Raises For Mayor, City Treasurer And City Clerk (blockclubchicago.org)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

America the blue [ 1 Answers ]

Why can't the people that we put into office help this country? Why do we send millions and billions of our dollars over seas to help other countries? Why do we stick our nose in every bobies business? This country that we live in is hurting, do we see any of the other counties that we have...

Coming to America! [ 7 Answers ]

Hello fellow AMHDers! This question is really for everyone who lives in America or has visited there recently! I'm coming back from my little trip to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and fancy a holiday with my Moomin. As the exchange rate with the pound is so awesome (for us Brits that is!)...

Coming to America [ 12 Answers ]

Planning this years holiday I wanted to go somewhere different we usually go to the Med. But this year want somewhere different been and done the whole Disney thing wanted to come and see something different in the states got kids so what does any one suggest cannot do a fly drive though

The waters coming from America - does anyone know about this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone. The following might sound a little confusing, so I will make clarifications to my question if people want me to. I was wondering if people could lay out for me the bodies of water that connect to the oceans and seas FROM lakes and rivers in America. Like for example, "the X...

View more questions Search