Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2021, 04:24 PM
    This.
    Christian churches? In this area, there are many churches, mosques, and worship centers to give guidance and opportunities for sharing one's beliefs.
    You won't be saved by your works either.
    Exactly correct. I like what Luther said about it.

The Gospel is God’s approval of us on the basis of God clothing us with the righteousness of Christ. In his 1520 treatise, On The Freedom of the Christian, Luther uses the analogy of marriage. When a bride marries a bridegroom, everything she has belongs to him; and the bridegroom shares with her his whole life. In the Gospel, we give up entirely our sin and Christ gives entirely his righteousness. We are then by this union justified by faith. An alien (foreign) righteousness becomes ours by faith.
    Christ is our righteousness. Any works done after our justification matter, according to Luther, because it pleases God (not salvifically) and because we need to love our neighbours. A good tree, he avers, produces good fruit. The law does not need to threaten us anymore. The moral law, however, still guides us in our Christian walk. Hence, Luther will include the Ten Commandments in his catechisms.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 29, 2021, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    This.
    Christian churches are everywhere.

As I said: Christian churches? In this area, there are many churches, mosques, and worship centers to give guidance and opportunities for sharing one's beliefs.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2021, 05:00 PM
    Why mention mosques?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 29, 2021, 05:20 PM
    Why mention mosques?
    Why not? There's one a few blocks south of us, a Muslim grade school nearby. a Kingdom Hall a few miles east, a Catholic church and school about five blocks north, an Episcopalian church and a Lutheran church and school across from the library, a UCC next to that church, a United Methodist church a few blocks southwest of us ... and more.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2021, 06:19 PM
    Yes, indeed it is.I document.
    Then show it by proving you're not a plagiarist. We await your documentation proving that.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2021, 06:55 PM
    Already have. No instances equals documentation. In your case, two instances also equaled documentation.

Might as well give up. You’re behind by fifty with under a minute to go. Game is over.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2021, 07:00 PM
    Already have.
    You have not provided any documentation that you are not a plagiarist. Telling lies is another strategy of yours. You must be getting desperate.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2021, 07:44 PM
    Athos is guilty of plagiarism. There is no doubt about it since I documented it. His reply is childish, along the lines of, "Oh yeah? Well so are you!! And since I've accused you, then you document your innocence, pal!" How silly is about all that can be said.

And now, right on schedule, he wants to expand his folly to include lying. For that, of course, he has no evidence. I suppose his next response will be to challenge me to document my non-lying.

Bizarre is an apt description. Bizarre beyond description.
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 09:48 AM
    Athos is guilty of plagiarism.
    Plagiarism is your issue not mine. I started this thread to discuss white evangelism. You have so far avoided that issue by deflecting to a non-issue of plagiarism. Why can't you discuss white evangelism? It's very suspicious.

And now, right on schedule, he wants to expand his folly to include lying. For that, of course, he has no evidence.
    Your lie is your claim that you DID provide documentation that you are not a plagiarist. That's a no-no.

I suppose his next response will be to challenge me to document my non-lying.
    Ok, document it. You're very perspicacious.

Bizarre is an apt description. Bizarre beyond description.
    The bizarre began with you when you demanded documentation of events and persons quotes that never existed in the early church. I'm only giving you a taste of your own medicine so you will learn to avoid that false argument in the future.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 09:52 AM
    How documentation works. You should try it.

Where Athos has plagiarized.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...95#post3873195

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...64#post3875864

Ok, document it. You're very perspicacious.
    And I was right again! You are entirely too predictable in your wrong thinking.

Your basic problem.

"11) The Burden of Proof Fallacy

If a person claims that X is true (as you have done), it is their responsibility to provide evidence in support of that assertion. It is invalid to claim that X is true until someone else can prove that X is not true. Similarly, it is also invalid to claim that X is true because it's impossible to prove that X is false."

So you make claims and then expect others to prove them. Bad, bad.
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 10:25 AM
    "11) The Burden of Proof Fallacy

If a person claims that X is true (as you have done), it is their responsibility to provide evidence in support of that assertion. It is invalid to claim that X is true until someone else can prove that X is not true. Similarly, it is also invalid to claim that X is true because it's impossible to prove that X is false."
    AMAZING! You can quote the fallacy but cannot abide by it.

Read that again and again. Then use it.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 10:27 AM
    It is invalid to claim that X is true until someone else can prove that X is not true.
    Try again.
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 10:40 AM
    Try again.
    YOU are the one who needs to read it again and again. If you had, and if you had understood it, many unnecessary posts could have been avoided on these pages for the last two years.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2021, 11:07 AM
    This has become wearisome. You plagiarized. I documented it.

You claim I have done so on and so forth. You have not documented it. You made many claims about evangelicals. No documentation there, either. Your tank is empty.

Best wishes.
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2021, 02:50 PM
    You plagiarized. I documented it.

It's not about plagiarism, it's about white evangelicism! Is that so hard to understand?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The "Complentarianism" of White Evangelicals [ 392 Answers ]

"Complementarianism" says men and women have separate roles, and men are the ones in charge. Among the nearly 800,000 words in the Bible, one sentence seems to contain white evangelical thinking on this matter. It’s from a letter the Apostle Paul wrote to his protege, Timothy: “I do not permit a...

Do Evangelicals LOVE Jews, or do they wanna see them KILLED? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: As a Jew, who is skeptical of Christian "love", I attempted to uncover the real reason for this phenomenon. I had to look no further than the Evangelical agenda.. Turns out, they believe that all Jews must return to Israel and be killed in the Apocalypse before the Second Coming of ...

Changing bathroom vanity light but my wires are white/yellow and fixtures black white [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know do I out yellow wire with the black wire o. The new fixture? Old is white yellow out of wall New fixture is black and white.

Price range selling an authentic piece (white brick) White House 1950 w/placque? [ 0 Answers ]

2 were sold on ebay 2007-2008 but don't have access to $ they [email protected]

View more questions Search