Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2021, 02:39 AM
    Quid's commie pick for Comptroller of the currency
    Cornell law professor Saule Omarova has been chosen by Quid to be Comptroller of the Currency ;a branch of the Treasury Dept.
    She was born in the former Soviet Union in Kazakhstan. She graduated from Moscow State U and has a record of praising Soviet policies .Her thesis is "Karl Marx’s Economic Analysis and the Theory of Revolution in The Capital".

Last week Sen Pat Toomey asked her to hand over a copy of her thesis in English and in original Russian to the Senate Banking committee She has scrubbed it from her curriculum vitae (CV) at Cornell . To date she has not complied with the request leading to the obvious question ;what is she hiding ? But she counters with typical blame shifting claiming that she is under attack because she is a minority woman immigrant .(If she was an LGBTQXYZ she would check off all the boxes in the Dem vetting process)
    She told Financial Times "There is definitely a different standard applied to someone like me," She said that she believes the criticism leveled against her is racist .

What we do know is that if she had her way ,she would move consumer banking from the private to public control .
    Biden pick to run bank regulator faces Democratic resistance in Senate (cnbc.com)

She has proposed to create a new central banking institution called the National Investment Authority (NIA), that would be a "public entity that acts directly in financial markets and acts as a venture capitalist, as a private equity investor, as a lender, as a guarantor, as an insurer, to basically make it easier, not only for the public capital but for the private capital to flow into more sustainable industries rather than into the dying industries."

In her interview with Chris Hayes she claims that this institution would not be a central planner . But it sure sounds like one to me . Why Is This Happening?: Saving the economy with Saule Omarova: podcast and transcript (nbcnews.com)

This NIA would have an unelected board appointed by the President to terms of 10 to 12 years like the Fed .It would would provide banking and investment services directly to industries and projects favored by the federal government. It would,be "the asset manager, like a private equity firm, like a venture capital firm like BlackRock," except instead of being run by private interests , it would operate on behalf of the collective, with the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. It would be the "public manager" that "will select" investment projects for the country, but "not on the basis of what is the most profitable" in the short term. Since the government accepts long term debt spending then it would not have to be concerned about the return of investment for funding utopian projects like making over the nation to a total green new deal.

Her plan could not be officially implemented without Congress .But as comptroller over 1200 institutions ,she would have a hell of a lot of regulatory clout to implement some of her more radical ideas .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2021, 05:07 AM
    She told Financial Times "There is definitely a different standard applied to someone like me," She said that she believes the criticism leveled against her is racist .
    The dwelling place of moral cowards.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2021, 02:16 AM
    Biden's Banking Nominee Would Pursue Soviet Economics | RealClearPolitics
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2021, 01:12 PM
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2021, 05:35 AM
    Turns out that Saule Omarova was arrested for shoplifting . She stuffed $214 worth of TJ Maxx merchandize into her purse 1995 while she was studying for her doctorate at U of Wisconsin. She grabbed four pairs of shoes, two bottles of cologne, two belts, and a pair of socks. Now if she grabbed that amount of goods from a retail store in California today she would not even get arrested . But that was then ;when she was young and just learning the art of the Marxist steal.

The Senate will have hearings soon on her nomination. Sen Pat Toomey has asked her to provide the thesis she wrote on Karl Marx while studying at Moscow State University in the late 1980s. Omarova attended the school on a Lenin scholarship.

The White House says she has been"fully transparent" about the incident by disclosing it to the Senate Banking Committee, and that her arrest was the result "of a misunderstanding and confusing situation."

I guess she just did not realize that ripping off T J Maxx was against the law. But the police report says she admitted to it and pled guilty .So there apparently was no misunderstanding at all.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2021, 05:56 AM
    her arrest was the result "of a misunderstanding and confusing situation."
    Yep. I mean, who could have expected her to know that stuffing merchandise into her purse and attempting to walk out of the store with it would equate to shoplifting?

Now if she grabbed that amount of goods from a retail store in California today she would not even get arrested.
    The sad testimony of a state evidently populated with idiots.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2021, 04:33 AM
    and now a word from MY Senator

'I Cannot Think Of A Nominee More Poorly Suited Than You': Tim Scott Shreds Comptroller Nominee - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2021, 07:59 PM
    Here is the NY Slimes take on Omarova withdrawing her name from consideration for
    Comptroller of the Currency ......
    Saule Omarova, a Cornell Law professor whom President Biden picked for a key banking regulator job, is withdrawing from consideration for the post. Bank lobbyists and Republicans painted her as a communist because she was born in the Soviet Union.

Yeah that's the ticket !! It has nothing to do with the fact that she wants a federal take-over of the banking system. BTW ;she did not withdraw for ANYTHING the Repubs were doing . She lost support of moderate Dems .on Tester of Montana and Mark Warner of Virginia both said they had serious concerns about her candidacy. 5 Dem Senators expressed opposition to her nomination. She would not have been confirmed .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid's commie pick for Treasury Comptroller [ 1 Answers ]

Saule Omarova as Treasury Comptroller would oversee the nation's banking .system She is a Cornell U professor who graduated from the Soviet Union’s Moscow State University in 1989 on the Lenin Personal Academic Scholarship, She praises the old Soviet system . “Say what you will about old USSR,...

Quid wants you to spy on your neighbors. [ 20 Answers ]

He wants you to report 'radicalized' friends and family to the government, in an effort to fight domestic terrorism aka right wingers . the cowardly administration would not even reveal the official on the White House web site. ) Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on the...

State of Illinois comptroller withholding agent [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Hampton Iowa and I received a letter from the state of Illionis Comptroller-withhelding Agent, form 1099 interest $79.54. What does this mean? I have no idea.

Overvalued currency exchanged for undervalued currency. [ 2 Answers ]

If i were to have say, $500,000, and I moved to Canada, exchanged this money for Canadian dollars then, invested that money into a company, prospered for a few years then exported the manufactured goods into America (With a higher exchange value) would I be profitable? I am looking to see if I...

View more questions Search