Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2021, 02:18 AM
    Young men dropping out
    If I was a young man today I would be working 2 jobs ;doing overtime with or without a college education .Such is the opportunity today. I would also be keeping my eyes open constantly for better prospects .I would also be looking to improve my skill set .
    But that is me .

If I was a woman I would be doing the same . But at least many more women are in college presumably getting the education needed to assume leadership in the future .

Men are abandoning higher education in such numbers that they now trail female college students by record levels.
    At the close of the 2020-21 academic year, women made up 59.5% of college students, an all-time high, and men 40.5%, according to enrollment data from the National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit research group. U.S. colleges and universities had 1.5 million fewer students compared with five years ago, and men accounted for 71% of the decline.
    This education gap, which holds at both two- and four-year colleges, has been slowly widening for 40 years. The divergence increases at graduation: After six years of college, 65% of women in the U.S. who started a four-year university in 2012 received diplomas by 2018 compared with 59% of men during the same period, according to the U.S. Department of Education.
    In the next few years, two women will earn a college degree for every man, if the trend continues, said Douglas Shapiro, executive director of the research center at the National Student Clearinghouse.
    A Generation of American Men Give Up on College: ‘I Just Feel Lost’ - WSJ

Are the men learning a vocation instead ? There is nothing wrong in being a skilled laborer .Their services are in high demand and command high wages ,especially if those skills are combined with learning management .

Many young men who dropped out of college said they worried about their future but nonetheless quit school with no plan in mind. “I would say I feel hazy,” said 23-year-old Jay Wells, who quit Defiance College in Ohio after a semester. He lives with his mother and delivers pallets of soda for Coca-Cola Co. in Toledo for $20 an hour.
    “I’m sort of waiting for a light to come on so I figure out what to do next,” he said.

That is not a plan . But part of the problem is the schools themselves . Why should a young man pay premium prices to be taught that he is the scum of the earth ;especially a white man ? Schools teach them that they are the lowest form of human life that they have to denounce their gender and their race .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2021, 04:26 AM
    .He lives with his mother and delivers pallets of soda for Coca-Cola Co. in Toledo for $20 an hour
    There's a big part of the problem. Where is his dad? Why does mom let him continue to live at home?

We live in the era of the soft man.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2021, 04:36 AM
    There was a similar comment on another site I posted this link that I will repost without giving credit ......:

This is considered achievement by the left..

Their focus is no longer based on families but is based on separation.

If a lady has 3 children under 5 in a family style unit, the parents would be able to work out whose home to tend to the children that may include a mother working in the day and a father working at night but they as a couple can work these things out.

Now according to liberals, if a lady has three children under 5, she should be entitled to free or affordable day care and extra money per child through the government.

Liberal thinking is not family oriented and believes that the state is better equipped for bringing up and instilling their goals and standards for children.

I am not saying that college education is not for ladies but the left ideology is that a ladies career comes before family with aid from the government for her children through financial aid and daycare
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2021, 05:08 AM
    Their focus is no longer based on families but is based on separation.

If a lady has 3 children under 5 in a family style unit, the parents would be able to work out whose home to tend to the children that may include a mother working in the day and a father working at night but they as a couple can work these things out.

Now according to liberals, if a lady has three children under 5, she should be entitled to free or affordable day care and extra money per child through the government.

Liberal thinking is not family oriented and believes that the state is better equipped for bringing up and instilling their goals and standards for children.
    That's very well said. It comes down to the left wanting to feel noble by forcing other people (the "wealthy") to give money to poor people, most of whom are poor by choice due to a succession of bad life choices.

We are currently in a workers' paradise. EVERYONE is looking for people to work. A man or woman can get all the work they want. If you go back just 85 years ago to the middle of the Great Depression, you can see how those people would look at us in absolute amazement for complaining for even one second about this amazing opportunity we are choosing to not avail ourselves of.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2021, 03:37 PM
    Welcome aboard, Henry!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Film young boy, mother dies and dad has young girlfriend that boy dislikes [ 1 Answers ]

A long time agao, and I am ancient, I saw a film, possibly in black and white, with a blonde boy whose rich dad brings home a young girlfriend after his wife, the boy's mother, dies. I remember the boy trying to manipulate her, a scene where he is in the bath tub and she answers the phone or visa...

How young is too young to give a child a cellphone? [ 11 Answers ]

With 90 percent of Americans having a cell phone, and an increasing amount of children racking up minutes in family plans, how young is too young, in your opinion? Reference: CNET Article

A young female doctor is in a coma and visits a young man who is leasing her apartmen [ 1 Answers ]

It's a movie about a female doctor who because of an accident is in a coma. Her sister has leased her apartment and a young man has taken it. The young women visits him in the apartment and is disturbed that he is there. She can't remember who she is. They solve the mystery together and ultimately...

70/80s(?) movie about a young boy falling for a young widow (it's in The Shining) [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, for anyone who has seen Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, this movie is shown in that movie (about 55 minutes in). There's a part where the little boy and mom are watching a movie in one of the halls and THAT is the movie. Now, I know I've seen this movie before in its entirety. It's about...

View more questions Search