Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 09:25 AM
    Would you say he might have been just like Adam before the fall?
    No. Adam was not divine, and Adam was capable of sinning.
    He is Humanity. He is Just like us. Not minus the Sin...he became sin, He conquered Sin, so now Sin/Darkness is irrelevant...it lost it's power.
    He became sin on the cross, but He was not a sinner. He had no sin nature and He committed no sins.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Dec 18, 2021, 09:40 AM
    Okay, have it your way.
    Jesus isn't the second Adam. Jesus wasn't tempted. Jesus didn't feel or go through all human emotions.
    He had no sin nature
    Flesh. Took our Sin. Died. Justified.

God took on Sin...our Darkness has turned into light...it wasn't made light.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 09:47 AM
    Okay, have it your way.
    Jesus isn't the second Adam. Jesus wasn't tempted. Jesus didn't feel or go through all human emotions.
    I never said those things. I said Jesus never sinned and He had no sin nature as we do. "Which of you convinces me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?”

Flesh. Took our Sin. Died. Justified.

God took on Sin...our Darkness has turned into light...it wasn't made light.
    All good points.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    God needs me!
    I agree.

God needs me to tell others about His love --
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Matt. 28:19 (KJV)

God needs me to show His love to others --
    A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another as I have loved you. John 13:34 (KJV)
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 10:46 AM
    We are needed in one sense. Yes, it is needful for us to tell people the Gospel message and to love others. However, we are certainly not needed in the sense that God could not get along without us. He managed without us through all the ages of eternity. "Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our ancestor’; for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children to Abraham. Matthew 3:9"

Still waiting to see the scripture that says God "needs" us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I posted two so far.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 11:40 AM
    You have posted scriptures where we are told to go and do things. You've posted nothing about God needing us.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 11:41 AM
    You have posted scriptures where we are told to go and do things. You've posted nothing about God needing us.
    How will God spread His Word and His love without us?
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 11:48 AM
    That's fine and good as far as it goes. But when you start thinking that God cannot get by without you, then you've gone too far. As it was said to Esther, “Do not imagine that you are safe in the king’s palace, you alone of all the Jews. 14 Even if you now remain silent, relief and deliverance will come to the Jews from another source;[b] but you and your father’s house will perish. Who knows—perhaps it was for a time like this that you became queen?” So God "needed" Esther in His plan, but she, like us, was entirely replaceable.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 11:52 AM
    That's fine and good as far as it goes. But when you start thinking that God cannot get by without you
    I'm not starting to think that.

Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 12:11 PM
    If we refuse, He will find others. Doesn't the Esther passage make that abundantly clear? Didn't the Exodus passage make that very plain?

You really think God views that as a problem?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 12:40 PM
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 04:54 PM
    If we refuse, He will find others. Doesn't the Esther passage make that abundantly clear? Didn't the Exodus passage make that very plain?

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 05:27 PM
    How will God spread His Word and His love without us? Us is all who believe and love in His name. How did we come into belief and are able to love? Through others who were brought into the faith by others who were brought into the faith by others who were brought into....
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 05:42 PM

"Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our ancestor’; for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children to Abraham. Matthew 3:9"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 18, 2021, 06:50 PM
    You and I aren't in the same rowboat. I'm done here.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2021, 07:46 PM
    Fair enough.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Dec 19, 2021, 04:07 PM
    God needs me to tell others about His love
    NO, NO, NO! NO!!!

A lot easier.
    God needs me to show His love to others.
    It's not for show. Life is not a stage. If life were a stage, then you'd be just another actress!

You're missing it Girl. It has absolutely nothing to do with us! You are not in it, I am not in it.
    It's the LIfe!!! The Life that is in you...provided you have that life...Baptism isn't what you're looking for either.

Adam was not divine, and Adam was capable of sinning.
    Why, why did Adam Sin? Why did Jesus take on Sin?

The Bible is not a textbook.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 19, 2021, 05:08 PM
    WG: God needs me to tell others about His love
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    NO, NO, NO! NO!!!
    Yes, He does. He says so in the Bible. It's a command. "Go ye therefore and teach...."
    It's not for show. Life is not a stage. If life were a stage, then you'd be just another actress!
    There are several definitions for the word "show". You are looking at the wrong one.
    You're missing it Girl. It has absolutely nothing to do with us!
    It has EVERYTHING to do with us!
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2021, 05:30 PM

The Bible is not a textbook.
    Yes, it is. It is many things, but it is certainly our source of objective truth about God, so if you make a claim about God, you should find it clearly in the Bible.

WG, there is an enormous difference between God giving us a command versus God needing us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymore [ 34 Answers ]

3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away...

I love a girl, I found some one is also loving her. I haven't told my love to her, [ 5 Answers ]

I love a girl, I found some one is also loving her. I haven't told my love to her, but he does. One day I saw she scolding him, at that time I was happy. BUT TODAY I FOUND THAT the are talking something secretly, what should I do.

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him [ 13 Answers ]

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him... Because of some misunderstanding and maybe he got bored.. I myself don't know the real reason ... but I still love him... how can I get him back...

Behind the scenes worker falls in love with a woman competing for a mans love [ 1 Answers ]

What movie is about how a woman competes to win the love of a bachelor on a TV show then falls in love with one of the workers?

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

View more questions Search