Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2021, 02:19 PM
    Biden admits to illegal activity.
    The man who has taken an oath to, " preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States," is now openly admitting that what the feds are doing by extending the moratorium on evictions is illegal and unconstitutional.

"Despite the Supreme Court’s explicit warning that any executive extension of the federal eviction moratorium would be struck down, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention decided this week to implement a new moratorium anyway for two months. When asked about the legal obstacles this policy would inevitably run into, President Joe Biden admitted that what his administration is doing is illegal, but he said he doesn’t care.

'Constitutionally, the bulk of the constitutional scholarship says that it's not likely to pass constitutional muster,' Biden admitted during a press conference on Tuesday. 'Look. I want to make it clear. I told you I would not tell the Justice Department or the medical experts or scientists what they should say or do, so I don't want to get ahead of the CDC.' "

He continued, 'At a minimum, by the time it is litigated, we’ll probably give some additional time while we’re getting that $45 billion out to people who are, in fact, behind in the rent and don’t have the money.' "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...law/ar-AAMWolW
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2021, 03:41 PM
    I was once a landlord of a single property . If I did not get the monthly rental on the property I would've needed to foreclose on the house . Eventually because of the housing market I had to negotiate a short sale with the bank after the tenant left . I just wonder how many other landlords have to go belly up because of this moratorium ? Who bails out the landlords ?
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2021, 04:16 PM
    Just print mo' money! Problem solved.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2021, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I was once a landlord of a single property . If I did not get the monthly rental on the property I would've needed to foreclose on the house . Eventually because of the housing market I had to negotiate a short sale with the bank after the tenant left . I just wonder how many other landlords have to go belly up because of this moratorium ? Who bails out the landlords ?

Owning property doesn't come with a guarantee, not getting rent, as a rent seeker, is no different to having the property vacant, but at least you have someone looking after it. Pity the poor investor who can't afford the risk is your mantra, but the reality is, in your capitalist utopia, that things happen
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2021, 07:23 PM
    Owning property doesn't come with a guarantee
    Actually it does. Owning private property means you get to control it without the government forcing you to go bankrupt.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2021, 10:11 PM
    The rules of bankruptcy are not precluded by the ownership of property, just delayed a little. basically you are bankrupt when you cannot pay your debts when they fall due and have no expectation of being able to do so. There are formalities of course such as your creditors filing against you, but the fact remains, no cash?
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2021, 02:38 AM
    What we have here is the government guaranteeing renters breach of contract. What is the rule of law ? Article 1 Sec 10

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

The president who was elected to restore “norms” to Washington does another imperial abuse of power by executive order . We saw the emperor admit that he could not legally enact Dreamer edicts and did so anyway. We saw Trump take money allocated for one thing and shift it to help build a wall.
    But neither had the chutzpa to defy a SCOTUS ruling .

“the accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.”
    (Madison Federalist 47)
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2021, 04:22 AM
    Defying the rule of law is one thing. ADMITTING that you are defying the rule of law is pretty wild for a president.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2021, 04:33 AM
    Kavanaugh cast a compromise vote intended to allow the ban to stay in place until Congress could act on it before the deadline .He said at the time that because the moratorium was set to end in “only a few weeks” he would allow it .
    In my view, clear and specific congressional authorization (via new legislation) would be necessary for the CDC to extend the moratorium past July 31
    20a169_4f15.pdf (supremecourt.gov)

I think he was being too generous because as noted already ,the constitution does not allow laws that enable a breach of contract .
    If it goes to the court again I doubt he will straddle the fence.

What the extension proves is that Quid doesn't run his adminstration. Bernie and the Squad do .
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2021, 03:26 AM
    When it thwarts their agenda, they ignore or denounce it, as when they excuse criminal vandalism as political protest, or when courts uphold state voting rules designed to ensure election integrity. But when it is on their side, such as when the Supreme Court discovered a constitutional right to abortion, or decided that the Obamacare insurance mandate was a tax, they treat it as sacrosanct and beyond the purview of politics.
    Democrats and the “living constitution” judges they favor are motivated largely, sometimes solely, by the outcomes they want; principles be damned. And this makes sequences of events such as those involving the eviction moratorium useful, outrageous though they are. They expose just how cynical the party of the Left is willing to be. It knows something is unconstitutional, acknowledges it repeatedly, then does it anyway, without a backward glance at the presidential inauguration oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
    Sooner or later, the Left will doubtless tell us that the oath and the Constitution are just “misinformation” or “disinformation” designed to mislead the rubes of the Right.
    Biden's blithely unconstitutional government | Washington Examiner
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2021, 05:19 AM
    Democrats and the “living constitution” judges they favor are motivated largely, sometimes solely, by the outcomes they want; principles be damned.
    A very accurate summation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal for a 15 y/o to date a 19 year old without sexual activity? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old turning 16 in three months. I met this guy who just turned 19. I have no intent of any sexual activity until I am married. My uncle and aunt have known him for a few years and they love the guy. They invited him over their house to talk to me. Mind you these people are...

View more questions Search