Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2021, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Part of the cost of not being prepared to defend yourself and having to count on us to do it. You have a nice country, but it is a relatively small country and you are only concerned, by and large, with taking care of yourself. You'd be speaking Japanese today if not for us. Because of the U.S. the Gospel has been preached in many foreign lands, there is a free Israel, a free Europe, the USSR went bankrupt, petroleum flows freely across the oceans, and world freedom and prosperity has been greatly enhanced. So yeah we certainly have our problems and most of it has been brought on by our own greed and stupidity, but when the Aussies have accomplished 1/10th of what we have, then get back with us.
    You are deluded, the Gospel was preached in many lands long before the nation of the United States was conceived and dragged kicking and screaming into the world. Why did you stop striving for space? because you saw what it did to the soviet economy, an economy which successfully beat the Germans and would have taken the whole of Europe if you had delayed longer. Your nation did not suffer the depravations theirs did and you offered them no help in recovery. You speak of your own greed and stupidity it was manifest in how you deserted your allies to build your new empire. Don't speak to me of your greatness, I see only arrogance

by the way, we may have contributed more than you know, just a few of the ways Australians have made life better
    https://www.australiangeographic.com...ged-the-world/

https://www.weekendnotes.com/60-grea...an-inventions/
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2021, 05:21 AM
    Name one nation more instrumental in foreign missions than the U.S.

and would have taken the whole of Europe if you had delayed longer.
    Very true, though I'm not sure you realize it.

Your nation did not suffer the depravations theirs did and you offered them no help in recovery.
    Are you seriously suggesting that the U.S. should have helped the victorious USSR, the communist occupiers of Eastern Europe, to recover? Really??

That's part of our problem. Every time there's trouble, people look first to us to help. It's time you started looking to yourself.

it was manifest in how you deserted your allies to build your new empire.
    A truly weird statement. No one, and certainly not your little country, even came close to providing the help for recovery to Japan and Western Europe that we did. I guess it just goes to show again that no good deed goes unpunished with Clete.

Your first link is nonsense. Penicillin, for instance, was first developed and used in the late 20's, not 1939 as your article ridiculously claimed. After that, I didn't even bother to read the second one.

If you want to see bitterness and hatred, read your comments.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post

A truly weird statement. No one, and certainly not your little country, even came close to providing the help for recovery to Japan and Western Europe that we did. I guess it just goes to show again that no good deed goes unpunished with Clete.
    Do you know what is weird, that you should suggest that we, a nation still undergoing war time rationing should be expending our resources to help an aggressor that you bombs had devastated. You are truly deluded, drunk on the B/S you have been fed. On the one hand you tell us to look after ourselves and the next you are saying we should help clean up your mess
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2021, 11:24 AM
    that you should suggest that we, a nation still undergoing war time rationing should be expending our resources to help an aggressor that you bombs had devastated
    I don't care that you didn't help. That is typical. I also didn't suggest that you should have, but don't whine and complain about the one country that DID help. First we saved your arses, and then we spent our own resources to rebuild much of the world, and you want to complain?? "Wow" is about all that can be said about that. The only person drunk on BS here is you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 07:59 PM
    Help? you caused the mess, your responses was over the top since you rely on firepower rather than tactics. You are a blunt instrument, but what I don't get is why should you reconstruct an enemy? Furtherance of empire? meanwhile your allies suffered deprivation with Australia and Britain subject to rationing for years. I am glad we emerged with a political will to change and reconstruct our nation. Much of this has been swept away by internationalism but we built our industries for fifty years and our economy today is strong
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2021, 04:09 AM
    Our responses to Pearl Harbor were way over the top? Well...OK. I guess we should have just challenged them to an arm wrestling competition.

what I don't get is why should you reconstruct an enemy?
    Exactly. You just don't get it. As to our ally Australia, your cities were not bombed into rubble and your industries were intact. What did you want, some to hold your hand?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 04:10 AM
    The sham hearings begin today . To update . The guy who had that fully assembled Lego set of the US Capitol ? Never happened . What he had was an unopened Lego set of the Capitol that anyone can purchase on Amazon. Yet he was denied bail based on that contention. Most of the 539 people arrested for the January 6 Capitol riot did not commit acts of violence, and face accusations of little more than trespassing. Many were charged simply with violating a 6 p.m. curfew .Most have been denied bail and are being subject to 23 hour complete lockdown .
    When that happens to Taliban or AQ detainees the ACLU calls it torture .
    Who is making this call ? A judge you say ? No .It isQuid's politicized Justice Dept .

Of those convicted .... One was convicted of "parading in the Capitol. " One had a misdemeanor sentence of time served . One is a plea of obstructing Congress. One got 8 months for obstructing Congress .

And one idiot got his bail revoked after leaving a voice mail to the court about the size of his genitalia ..... an erection insurrection !!!

So when the "bi-partisan " commission with almost half the Republicans selected by Madam Mim meets and talks about the insurrection attempt to over throw the government . Well just look at that group of desperados they have arrested and charged .
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2021, 04:19 AM
    Hard to imagine how any country can long survive when Lego models of its Capitol Building are being purchased. Oh the humanity!
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 04:21 AM
    For $269 you too can overthrow the government

Amazon.com: LEGO Architecture 21030 United States Capitol Building Kit (1032 Pieces) (Discontinued by Manufacturer): Toys & Games
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 05:23 AM
    I'm betting that questions as to why Madam Mim repeatedly ignored pleas by the Capitol Police to increase security ahead of Jan 6 demonstrations will be similarly ignored .
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 05:39 AM
    She also wants to avoid the question ;was the shooting of Ashli Babbitt justified ?
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2021, 05:49 AM
    I'm betting that questions as to why Madam Mim repeatedly ignored pleas by the Capitol Police to increase security ahead of Jan 6 demonstrations will be similarly ignored .
    So you're seriously suggesting that a partisan investigation led by the holier than thou crowd is going to ignore such important questions?

I can only say that a day is coming when the repubs will regain the Congress. Perhaps then we will find out some real answers to these questions. And not that I have any great faith in the republicans, but it would only be just.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2021, 05:56 AM
    The predecessor to the Capital riot. Joe Manchin being verbally accosted in the Capitol Building by a bunch of shrill, aggressive liberal dems who did not like his support of Kavanaugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYvRM1Hk8Iw
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 07:42 AM
    There were worse incidents than the Jan 6 riot. 1915 a German professor planted 3 sticks of dynamite that detonated to protest America's aid to the Brits in WWI . No one was injured . The professor then went to Long Island and shot JP Morgan .Morgan survived the attack . The professor was arrested and then 'committed suicide " in jail.

1954 Puerto Rican nationalists fired their guns in the Capitol wounding 5 members of Congress. The terrorists were captured . Jimmy Carter commuted their sentences and granted clemency to 3 others involved .

1971 the Weather Underground (of the emperor's mentor William Ayers fame ) bombed the Capitol causing $300,000 damage . No one was injured . The bomb maker never served a day in jail . Instead he was a NYC teacher named Ronald Fliegelman . You see it was the lefties that advocated for the violent overthrow of the government . And the Dems were cool with that .

The Capitol bombing was only one of their terrorist acts . They attacked the headquarters of the NY state Department of Corrections in Albany for the deaths of 29 inmates during the Attica prison riot. They busted Timothy Leary our of jail and smuggled him to Algeria .
    They in fact did publish a declaration of war against the US .
    1975 they bomber the State Department .
    1981 they attacked a Brinks truck killing 2 cops and the truck driver in the attack .New York City Police Department headquarters, the Presidio army base in San Francisco, a Long Island City courthouse, and several banks in Boston and New York all came under Weatherman violent attacks . Enough about them.

A group calling itself the Armed Resistance Unit claimed responsibility for a 1983 bombing of the Capitol that caused $250,000 damage . The group said it was in retaliation for military actions in Grenada and Lebanon. The group composed of Members of M19—named for Malcolm X and North Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh.

The January 6 riot pales in comparison to all of these . But Madam Mim and the Dems would like you to believe nothing else has happened at the Capitol to compare since the Brits torched it in the War of 1812 .
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2021, 08:03 AM
    Yeah, but did any of them buy a LEGO kit to make a plastic, children's model of the Capitol Building??? And of course most important of all, were any of them Trump supporters?
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 05:36 AM
    Day one had emotional testimony by Capitol and DC cops . I guess I can only imaging the testimony of police who had to endure days of BLM (mostly peaceful) riots last summer ;or of the assaults the cops in Portland endured from ANTIFA .

My read on their testimony reinforces my understanding that for whatever reason ,the people in charge of securing the Capitol building were asleep on their watch .

The bipartisan committee of 9 Dems and 2 Repubs appointed by Madam Mim heard moving testimony from cops ;one comparing the riot to time served in Iraq dodging IEDs

All the cops testified that they had never experienced that level of violence before . AND all the cops testified that no one gave them a heads up that a riot of that magnitude was possible .

One cop found out about the impending breach from a friend's text . His friend's text was a link to what appeared to be a pre-plan of the assault . He said the only warning he got from official channels was to expect some civil disobedience. All emphasized how outnumbered they were .

One question that will not be addressed by the kangaroo court is who was responsible for the lack of preparation for what appears to have been the worse kept secret ...that the demonstration would turn into a riot .

Was there advance warning ? Yes . Parler alerted the FBI about postings on it's site about a possible attempt to breach the Capitol to disrupt the certification vote in Congress at least 50 times .
    Jim Jordan would've asked those questions . But Madam Mim kicked him off the committee when he suggested it .
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 06:07 AM
    The bipartisan committee of 9 Dems and 2 Repubs
    That made me laugh.

One question that will not be addressed by the kangaroo court is who was responsible for the lack of preparation for what appears to have been the worse kept secret ...that the demonstration would turn into a riot .
    That's really a shame since it is, in fact, the most important question to be answered.

Was there advance warning ? Yes . Parler alerted the FBI about postings on it's site about a possible attempt to breach the Capitol to disrupt the certification vote in Congress at least 50 times .
    That should be alarming to anyone who really cares. It makes me wonder if the liberal dems WANTED something to happen so as to have political ammo to use against Trump and other repubs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic" [ 401 Answers ]

These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19. The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected,...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search