Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 09:01 PM
    Herd Stupidity!
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...irus/100260404

One wonders if this could have been so in countries other than Indonesia, countries with a high infection rate and high death count.

Something must have contributed to the high infection rates in US, UK, Brazil, India, Italy other than just the presence of the virus and for the continued high infection rates in other places. This can be contrasted with outcomes in other places such as Singapore, New Zealand and Australia where rate of infection is low by international standards and the death count is also low

This begs the inevitable question; is IQ also lower in these places? it seems not to be so on international IQ indices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...tes_by_country
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 4, 2021, 12:44 AM
    Can think of a number of other conspiracy/hoax messages circulating that get amplified out of all proportion by the social media echo chamber...

I don't think these incidents correlate directly with individual IQs, although the herd effect is well known. While individuals and small groups can act in a well thought out and considered manner, once a critical mass is gained, then most reasonable thought goes out of the window and actions break down.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Something must have contributed to the high infection rates in US,
    You can start with low IQ Trump.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 03:52 PM
    No, there is more to it that the idiot at the top, he didn't run hither and thither spreading the virus
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 04:18 PM
    No, there is more to it that the idiot at the top, he didn't run hither and thither spreading the virus
    As a matter of fact, he did. He ran hither denying it existed, then he ran thither encouraging the spread.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2021, 04:30 PM
    He held rallies and encouraged his supporters by their behavior -- no masks, no distancing -- to spread the virus amongst themselves and then take it home to family and friends..
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 06:38 PM
    he upheld the ideal of of the brave american, foolish in the circumstance but then in the home of Superman what else could he do but play Superman
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 06:57 PM
    he upheld the ideal of of the brave american,
    I don't know where you got that from, Trump held up no ideal. He had no ideals. He was a conman - a type familiar to anyone who grew up in New York City.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 08:39 PM
    Yes and a type familiar to all who have dealt with americans
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2021, 08:53 AM
    he upheld the ideal of of the brave american, foolish in the circumstance but then in the home of Superman what else could he do but play Superman
    He could have been straight, honest and efficient and America could have dealt with this crisis based on facts and not foolishness of his shenanigans and antics. Have we forgotten he could have died from the virus but for being shot in the a$$ with the best steroids known to man?
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2021, 04:23 PM
    another indication of superman
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2021, 07:57 AM
    another indication of superman
    Or fooling people into thinking he is superman and not a lying cheating stealing bully.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2021, 04:53 PM
    Yes well many millions believed he was Superman, must be a lot of herd stupidity over there and it appears to be infectious

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stupidity [ 3 Answers ]

A coworker and I was accused of putting lotion or something on another coworkers car after work she went to the police without any evidence other than her word what could possibly come of this?

Stupidity vs. well. Stupidity! [ 1 Answers ]

I had the sudden urge to see or hear something stupid/funny, so let's have some show and tell! Have you ever made a home video of something completely dumb? Friends doing the dumbest you've ever seen? You're child doing something absolutely hilarious? Or perhaps you didn't record? Share your...

I was wondering if any one has ever herd of this before? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to the hospital Friday with really bad cramps and contractions I have been having them for 2 1/2 days I'm 23 weeks they chacked me out they said I was have bad contractions than they said the test they took showed I was dehydrated and I had had a bladder infection that said that was causing...

Junkie Stupidity [ 1 Answers ]

About ten years ago I was addicted to heroin and racked up about 15 shoplifting charges in a six month period. I had never been arrested for anything before this and have never been arrested since. I was charged but never convicted because I never went to court. I now lead a normal life, clean and...

View more questions Search