Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConcFour1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2021, 07:00 AM
    Central Air / Basement Much Colder ??
    We had a Central Air Unit installed 2 yrs ago.. House is 938 sq ft Matchbox Style, Finished Basement.. The Unit is set to Turn On at 20'C or 68'F , Problem is the Basement becomes much much colder than the main floor area.. The Main Floor is Comfortable and a nice Cool atmosphere when stepping in from outside.. Walk down into the Basement the air is like walking into a Deep Freeze (not quit but pretty close).. The Furnace Fan is set on constant Circulation.. Do I have the Unit set at the Right Turn On point or am I missing something ?? Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2021, 04:37 AM
    Do you have registers/vents or duct you can close in the basement? Basements are notoriously cooler than upstairs. 68F is a pretty cold setting to begin with.
    ConcFour1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2021, 03:10 PM
    All the Duct Work comes out from the Ceiling... I will try setting @ 23'C and see if that makes a difference ?? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

During day sea is colder than land why [ 1 Answers ]

During day time sea is colder than land, but night sea could be warmer than land why?

Refrigerator won't get colder [ 1 Answers ]

The fan is blowing in the refrigerator but the unit is not getting cold. I think the compressor is not working. How do I tell?

Warmer or colder? [ 1 Answers ]

Is a coast warmer or colder than a coral reef?

Colder Plugs? [ 1 Answers ]

I was searching the net for something I can't remember and came across this Civic faq on 92-95 civics by txgreasemonkey. It stated that engine knock on a 93 civic dx was solved by using a plug 2 steps colder ...

Central heating temperature difference 1st floor-basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an old house and the gas furnace is just about as old as the house. The problem I have is that the temperature on the first floor is a lot higher than the basement. I did try to close some of the vents on the 1st floor and open the ones in the basement but I still have a big...

View more questions Search