Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2021, 08:17 PM
    Ok back to the original thread. Today the Australian government announced the way forward out of the covid crisis and at the same time reduced the arrivals cap from overseas. It is unsaid but clear they understand this crisis is not of our making but it is a crisis to be solved by reducing exposure to the source until there is a high level of vaccination. Meanwhile lockdown is to be a last resort

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...101808d3f95ae6
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2021, 08:21 PM
    As I understand it you are 8% vaccinated now. What seems to be the holdup? Vaccine supply, maybe?

Perhaps a strong push to get the over 40 crowd vaccinated would work? The under 40's don't have nearly the risk.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2021, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    As I understand it you are 8% vaccinated now. What seems to be the holdup? Vaccine supply, maybe?

Perhaps a strong push to get the over 40 crowd vaccinated would work? The under 40's don't have nearly the risk.
    Yes vaccine supply is one problem we are at the end of the que as we put reliance on local supply of AstraZeneca and there are problems with blood clots, also getting manufacture takes time. As I explained earlier; an Australian developed vaccine gave false positive for HIV and was abandoned so forcing us to look to overseas manufacture. We have high numbers in the older population but the young considered themselves bullet proof until delta came along. Most of our cases were from travellers who were quarantined and so very low community transmission. the vaccine rollout concentrated on older people particularly those in aged care as these were the most vulnerable and responsible for most deaths. Personally I have had my first shot of AstraZeneca. I understand that last week there were 1 million vaccinations so the target is everyone vaccinated by the end of the year
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2021, 10:20 PM
    Oh calm down, Athos. Not good to get the ole blood pressure up so high. You'll come up with some answers sooner or later.
    You can take my answers and choke on them, jackass.
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2021, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    You can take my answers and choke on them, jackass.
    Come on, calm down now, we have more important things to talk about. You don't need to respond to him
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 04:26 AM
    Seek treatment. Your irrational anger is a problem.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:21 AM
    Seek treatment. Your irrational anger is a problem.

I learned you were making snide smarmy remarks to my posts after I was ignoring you. You are a sniveling coward. Afraid to make them to my face, now you are getting a taste of your own medicine.

Enjoy it, creep.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:50 AM
    Just an annoying little sound who big and brave from a distance.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:52 AM
    Just an annoying little sound who big and brave from a distance.
    No, that's your mo - I won't take it away from you. This "little sound" apparently is getting loud in your ears.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:53 AM
    Nah. Just a mosquito. I know your kind. Big and brave when hundreds of miles away.

At any rate, why not get back to a serious discussion.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:54 AM
    At any rate, why not get back to a serious discussion.
    Getting too hot for you?
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:56 AM
    Nah. Not even close.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:57 AM
    Nah. Not even close.
    Oh, yes, you're starting to feel a bit hot under the collar. Not admitting it won't help.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:58 AM
    Fraid not.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 07:02 AM
    Fraid not.
    In case you missed it ----------------------------------

This is the clown who believes babies are roasted in hell for all eternity because they didn't believe in Jesus when they died as infants. He claims that all humanity, including babies and innocents, goes to hell unless they believe in Jesus. No exceptions. Keep that in mind when reading anything he says on these pages.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 07:04 AM
    You are still lying about that, Mr. Aquinas?

Well, this has become silly. I regret having allowed myself to be dragged down to your level. Fire your lies away. Enjoy, I guess.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 07:06 AM
    You are still lying about that, Mr. Aquinas?

Well, this has become silly. I regret having allowed myself to be dragged down to your level. Fire your lies away. Enjoy, I guess.
    You don't need much dragging down - you're already there as witnessed below

Jlisenbe is the clown who believes babies are roasted in hell for all eternity because they didn't believe in Jesus when they died as infants. He claims that all humanity, including babies and innocents, goes to hell unless they believe in Jesus. No exceptions. Keep that in mind when reading anything he says on these pages.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 07:44 AM
    I've lived in the basement with you long enough. Looking at these posts, I can scarcely believe I've allowed myself to be dragged down to this level, a mistake for which I am completely at fault. So I'll just offer my apologies for any way in which I have been offensive. I will continue to call you out when you lie, and I will continue to confront false statements you might happen to make. I will also encourage you to do the same with me, but I will do so in a civil manner. How you behave is up to you.

As to the quote of YOURS that you keep posting, I'm pretty sure everyone here sees it for what it is. "I know JL lied because I've quoted Athos to prove it." What???
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 08:09 AM
    I will continue to call you out when you lie, and I will continue to confront false statements you might happen to make. I will also encourage you to do the same with me, but I will do so in a civil manner. How you behave is up to you.
    Ha ha - LOL. This part is rich. "I apologize, etc., etc., and I will continue to call you out when you lie". Ya can't make stuff up like that. Priceless!

This part is almost as good - "I will continue to confront false statements ....... in a civil manner.....". The head-slapping part here is that Jl has been uncivil and mean-spirited and nasty since the day he arrived. Now that he's in the hot seat, he's all apologetic.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 08:45 AM
    How you behave is your problem. I only control myself. But if I become uncivil, then by all means call me out on it. Just be prepared to be specific. You do have the Aquinas history behind you, so I tend to not trust your allegations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jail in lockdown [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my boyfriend is in north county corectional facility in California I have not heard from him in about 4 days I think the jail is on lockdown is normal for him not to call me he calls me like 10 times a day so I'm really worried does anybody have any idea what could possibly be n does lockdown...

Stuck on Lockdown [ 5 Answers ]

Hey , I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now , and just recently he has told me that I'm not allowed to drink anymore and go out to town anymore. His reason is because he's insecure and he worries when I go out I will met someone or get hit on etc. I was quite mad about it and said your...

Stuck. Lockdown. [ 119 Answers ]

Sneezy here. Oh boy, it's been a while since I've asked a question, but perhaps you wiser folks could give me some sort of wisdom. So, I have a girlfriend. Things have been, for a lack of a better word, fantastic. Can't really complain much about the relationship. I'm back here for the...

Sydney's cheeks are swollen and red [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, First let me say that I will be taking Sydney to the doctor today, sadly my family doctor Is out of town so I'll be taking her to a walk in clinic. I don't trust walk in clinics, I've Had bad experiences with them before. I'm just looking for opinions, this came on so...

View more questions Search