Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2021, 11:33 AM
    Pickup trucks and American flags...the new enemy?
    Reporter Mara Gay, a member of the New York Times Editorial Board and a contributor to MSNBC, complained that while visiting a friend on Long Island she saw "dozens and dozens of pickup trucks" with Trump flags and "American flags," claiming that this "really disturbed her" because the people with U.S. flags acted like this was their country.
    During a June 8 interview with MSNBC's left-wing Mika Brzezinski on Morning Joe, Mara Gay argued that America needs to be separated from whiteness, and then she complained about the U.S. flag.
    So pickup trucks with American flags driven by people who think America is their country are now disturbing? Well, this is the same woman who seriously believed that Bloomberg's 500 million dollar campaign fund would have been enough to have given every American a million dollars. She didn't miss it by much. It actually would require 330 TRILLION dollars to do that. And she's a member of the NYT's editorial board? Not reassuring.

https://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-c...american-flags
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 12:46 PM
    and she saw them in the bluest of blue states . I was on Long Island during the post election time getting in my last visit to Smith's Point beach before the winter . On the Long Island Expressway (aka the worlds longest parking lot ) There were convoys of pick up trucks with Trump flags on them . I got to the large parking lots at the beach and there were hundreds of Trumpsters already parked there . They were having their own support Trump rally . Long Island over all had voted for Trump . But Suffolk County was a Trump county . No doubt she was visiting one of her elite friends in the Hamptons . That is how the Slimes people roll . \

What is even more disturbing is that the Slimes is defending her comment . They say she was taken out of context ;that she was just attacking Trump . But we hear her loud and clear . Her arguments presumes that anyone flying a flag is a Trump supporter, which makes them as Evita said "deplorables " . One has to wonder how badly she hates America to think that flying the flag is disturbing

BTW this is the same genius who said that nanny Bloomy spent $ 500 million on ads and instead he could've given every American a $ million .
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2021, 02:22 PM
    Yep. She said it with Brian Williams nodding and agreeing with her. How poor do your math skills need to be to suggest that 500 mil is enough to give 330 mil people a million each? The actual figure would be about a buck and a half, but oh well, that's still pretty close to a million dollars isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVfnqXahuE
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Long Island over all had voted for Trump
    WRONG! Biden defeated Trump on Long Island by a substantial 10 points. Stop inventing FACTS.

(Edit - My error. The original was a typo).
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2021, 02:50 PM
    Stop inventing FACTS.
    I am sorely tempted, but I am NOT going to say it.

Long Island over all had voted for Trump . But Suffolk County was a Trump county .
    Sure looks like a typo and the first Trump should have been "Biden". At any rate, the margin appears to have been a little less than five percent rather than ten, so would that qualify for "inventing facts"?

https://projects.newsday.com/long-is...nited%20States
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 03:57 PM
    correct a typo anyone who isn't a nit picker would've seen that without the over reacting charges
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 04:41 PM
    correct a typo anyone who isn't a nit picker would've seen that without the over reacting charges
    If that was a typo, Tom, my apologies. We all make them.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 05:29 PM
    the ubiquitous SUV and it's cousin, the mighty pickup, are the new enemy, these dinosaurs roam the land apparently, invading quiet coastal resorts, and they are decked out in american flags, such disrespect to the flag, but this is what comes of swearing allegiance to it
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 05:32 PM
    This is the Long Island I grew up on .

Islanders Fans Sing the National Anthem Before Game 6 - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 07:01 PM
    Nice video - most of that crowd voted for Biden.
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2021, 02:55 AM
    probably

Democrats have a slight lead among Islander fans . It would be how the independents voted . Here are the demographics of Islander fans .
    Dems 40%
    Indi 28%
    Rep 32%
    • Political affiliation of NHL fans U.S. 2020 | Statista

One of the downsides of moving was leaving an area that had 3 major teams . I am in Carolina Hurricanes territory now . Not changing my loyalties to my teams . I have MLB network so I can watch the Yanks . I will get NFL network to watch the Giants games .
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2021, 01:00 PM
    I stopped watching the Yankees the year when Torre and Matsui left the franchise. Bad management. I remember when a bunch of us would go to a motel upstate to watch the Giant games. Brooklyn basketball is looking real good. Maybe this year. I still hate Horace Stoneham.
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2021, 04:41 AM
    I remember those Giants years too. I started watching them with my uncle when YA Tittle was QB . I was a huge Fran the man fan when he was the QB . Being from Long Island ,most of my friends were Jets fans .
    Some friend's dads would take them to Connecticut hotels to watch the Giants games . The NFL was smart to get rid of the blackout rules .
    I went to some Nets games in the old ABA days .They had some good players like Doctor J and Rick Barry .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The enemy of our enemy is our friend [ 13 Answers ]

Apparently as the Syrian regime moves to end the civil war by taking Idlib, the stronghold of Al Qaeda, the US moves to protect it. It is strange that all the heartache in the world for the last 17 years has arisen from a battle with Al Qaeda and it's offshoots, and now the US wants to protect...

Red Flags! [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 months. He had a girlfriend who he dated for 3 years before hand and cheated on him. He is now very jealous all the time and unsure about who I'm talking to and what I'm up to when he's not there. I have never cheated and I care a lot for my boyfriend. We live 3...

What are some red flags? [ 17 Answers ]

What are some red flags?

Red flags in men and women? [ 4 Answers ]

There are certain things to stay clear of when trying to find that special someone out there. Would you stay away from a guy who is not saying much about his life or himself and you have not been invited to his home but he has come to mine after 3 months? Would you stay clear of a guy whom doesn't...

Six flags [ 1 Answers ]

What's the busiest days and the least busiest days at six flags new england?

View more questions Search