Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I do wish you would respond to these. Still afraid to respond?
    Moi? Afraid? *laughing hysterically*
    1.If she is truly "caring for mine", then how is it that four years later, the gm's house is still not repaired?
    You know that it's not?
    2. What if AOC had gotten behind the fundraising and even plopped in 10K herself? How much do you think they could have raised?
    I don't give a rip. The entire island needs financial help.
    3. A simple agreement would be helpful. "Yes, a person who refuses to help her gm and refuses to accept help from others is pretty sorry." It would certainly allow us to move on.
    Absolutely do not agree. You're dragging me down into pettiness. Guess I'll put on my librarian hat and contact AOC.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 11:32 AM
    I don't give a rip.
    Pretty much sums it up. It's a lot easier to be critical of Trump than it is to get off your rear end and do something productive.

You know that it's not?
    Yes. And again, it's that link on post 1, with the accompanying pics on the twitter link, that shows it. So now that we have that established, I'll ask you again. If she is truly "caring for mine", then how is it that four years later, the gm's house is still not repaired?

So in your mind it's OK for a person to refuse to help their needy gm and also refuse to allow others to help her. Well, all I can say to that is "Wow!!" That's incredible. It's where your liberal political position has taken you.

One more question. Considering that her granddaughter has a good income, why should the American taxpayer be responsible for fixing granny's house? Why can't a well to do congresswoman take care of her own grandmother?

Here are the pics. Does it look repaired to you???

tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 11:58 AM
    it is in fact AOC's hatred of Trump that makes her deflect from the true causes of most of the hardship of the people of Puerto Rico . She is just using her Grandmother as a prop .
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 12:27 PM
    She is just using her Grandmother as a prop .
    That would seem to be a logical conclusion.

I still like this question. Considering that her granddaughter has a good income, why should the American taxpayer be responsible for fixing granny's house? Why can't a well to do congresswoman take care of her own grandmother?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    No, She is just using her Grandmother as a prop .
    No, as an example.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 12:39 PM
    So that explains why she is actively opposing the repair of her gm's house. It's all too valuable as an "example". Wow. What a sickening thought.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 12:48 PM
    why should the American taxpayer be responsible for fixing granny's house? Why can't a well to do congresswoman take care of her own grandmother?
    Your grandmother lives in Canada that has universal healthcare. She ends up in the hospital and has to have her left leg amputated because of cellulitus. Will you pay all her hospital/medical expenses?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 12:54 PM
    If that was what was needed, then of course I would. But you are making a false comparison. All Canadians are entitled to med care by law. Americans are not entitled, by law, to have their houses fixed.

Would you let your gm's house be a shambles for four years and then prevent a group from repairing it because you don't agree with them politically? I would think it would be an absolute embarrassment. Why didn't she make sure her gm had insurance on her house?

"He (she) who does not take care of his own is worse than an infidel."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 12:58 PM
    Considering that her granddaughter has a good income, why should the American taxpayer be responsible for fixing granny's house? Why can't a well to do congresswoman take care of her own grandmother?
    Puerto Rico funds the US government
    Puerto Ricans who live on the island aren’t just American citizensthey’re American taxpayers. They pay payroll taxes, business taxes, and estate taxes. They helped pay for disaster relief in Texas after Hurricane Harvey and in Florida after Hurricane Irma.

[Puerto Rico is] entitled to the same response and financial help that the federal government extended to those states. This is not a matter of charity or goodwill. It’s how the federal government is supposed to work.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...axes-hurricane
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 01:13 PM
    Puerto Ricans who live on the island aren’t just American citizens — they’re American taxpayers.
    Which is why they should become a state . As a territory they are not given fair treatment . AOC proposes more of the same by leaving status quo as an option.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 01:14 PM
    Puerto Ricans who live on the island aren’t just American citizens — they’re American taxpayers. They pay payroll taxes, business taxes, and estate taxes. They helped pay for disaster relief in Texas after Hurricane Harvey and in Florida after Hurricane Irma.
    We all pay taxes, but no government, fed, state, or otherwise has an obligation to repair our houses. Your argument is simply a losing one. Even federal disaster assistance does not pay for house repairs. That's what insurance is for.

Q: Will FEMA pay for all home repairs or contract work?
    A: No. FEMA does not pay to return your home to its pre-disaster condition. FEMA provides grants to qualified homeowners to repair damage not covered by insurance, but these grants may not pay for all the damage. However, an SBA disaster loan may return a home to its pre-disaster condition.
    https://www.news4jax.com/weather/201...-how-to-apply/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 03:02 PM
    We all pay taxes, but no government, fed, state, or otherwise has an obligation to repair our houses. Your argument is simply a losing one. Even federal disaster assistance does not pay for house repairs. That's what insurance is for.
    The federal government helped pay for disaster relief in Texas after Hurricane Harvey and in Florida after Hurricane Irma.

But tRump refused to help Puerto Rico.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 03:14 PM
    But tRump refused to help Puerto Rico.
    Don't know about that, but I do know that AOC has refused to help rebuild her gm's house and has refused to allow others to help rebuild it. The cost of being an "example" has been high for her gm.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 03:39 PM
    Don't know about that, but I do know that AOC has refused to help rebuild her gm's house and has refused to allow others to help rebuild it. The cost of being an "example" has been high for her gm.
    Your grandmother lives in Canada that has universal healthcare. She ends up in the hospital and has to have her left leg amputated because of cellulitus. Will you pay all her hospital/medical expenses?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 03:48 PM
    I would give you the same answer I gave you when you asked that question the first time above in posts 47 and 48. Are you feeling OK?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 03:58 PM
    Are you feeling OK?
    No, you didn't answer because of your "but", and your attitude is making me ill.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 04:06 PM
    I did answer. Anyway, you are happy with a woman who refuses to help her gm or let others help her. I think it stinks. I guess we can just leave it there.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 04:17 PM
    I did answer. Anyway, you are happy with a woman who refuses to help her gm or let others help her. I think it stinks. I guess we can just leave it there.
    And you are happy believing lies.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 04:50 PM
    Oh stop being stupid. What lie have I believed?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 05:05 PM
    My apologies for being rude.

I'm done with this silly conversation. There has been no suggestion of me believing a lie. That AOC is guilty has been proven beyond doubt BY HER OWN WORDS. If you can't accept the most simple truths, then talk with someone else. I'm done with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find episode 6 season 4 of The Secret Life of The American Teenager? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I love to watch The secret Life of the American Teenager but I missed all of season 4 that has already aired.:( So I have been catching up with them on YouTube and I have already gotten to episode 6 but I can't find episode 6. Please help me to find it.

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest... [ 2 Answers ]

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest version but I got an email the new Imac has been released. The Apple store is being very nice about - trade it in for the new version or get $300 refund. Any thoughts on what we should do?

Where can I watch the latest episode of the TV SHOW BIG LOVE? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a place on the internet to watch the latest episode of the TV show BIG LOVE? I have never watched anything on a computer and would like to know if it is safe? And how do I know which place to go to where I can watch an episode? I have a Mac OS X? Thanks!:confused:

Who sings song in homicide life on the streets thrill of the kill episode [ 0 Answers ]

In the episode "thrill of the kill" from season 4 of Homicide: life on the streets season 4, who sings the songs?

View more questions Search