Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 25, 2021, 03:30 PM
    Trump took a moderately large company and expanded it enormously over a period of decades. His net worth is 2.5 bil and he owns 11 LARGE luxury hotels as well as a number of golf courses.

How many do you own?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/130582...-election-day/
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2021, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Laughably false. [/COLOR][/FONT]Trump: The Art of the Deal, for instance, has a 4.7 rating on Amazon and has sold over a million copies. How many copies have your books "sold"?
    I received a healthy advance on each of four books I wrote and then received quarterly royalties. A long article about Chicago's Auditorium was published by the Chicago Historical Society. Two articles on Asperger's were published by an autism magazine whose editor was Veronica Zysk, the editor/coauthor/friend of the famous autistic, Temple Grandin.

The Art of the Deal was ghostwritten. Trump didn't write it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2021, 03:35 PM
    That just makes the dufus a rich lying cheating bully. I still take WG over the dufus as a good person.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2021, 03:41 PM
    My crude comment was a response to your crude comment, a-hole. If you're gonna dish it out, don't be surprised when you get a taste of your own medicine.
    You're still mad about being caught lying about Aquinas and about not being able to defend your religious views, whatever they are, from the Bible. I would suggest you just get over it. Most of all, you are under conviction of your need for Christ. I remember how that was.

I received a healthy advance on each of four books I wrote and then received quarterly royalties. A long article about Chicago's Auditorium was published by the Chicago Historical Society. Two articles on Asperger's were published by an autism magazine whose editor was Veronica Zysk, the editor/coauthor/friend of the famous autistic, Temple Grandin.
    You sold what, 2% of the copies Trump sold? Are your books on Amazon? You had a few articles published. That's nice, but you are not even close to being in the same league as people like Trump, and you embarrass yourself when you suggest otherwise. It's really TDS on steroids. Counsel yourself, Ms. Therapist. You own, you have said, a modest home. Trump owns 11 luxury hotels. Come on, WG.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2021, 03:44 PM
    You're still mad about being caught lying about Aquinas and about not being able to defend your religious views, whatever they are, from the Bible. I would suggest you just get over it. Most of all, you are under conviction of your need for Christ. I remember how that was.
    Oh, God, you just can't reply without lying about Aquinas and threatening me with the wrath of Christ. You sound like one of those TV evangelists who scare people or lie to them about rewards if they just send some money to the evangelist for "God's work". What is it with you people? The vaccine cure for Covid is not mentioned in the Bible, so it's false?

Do you think God really wrote the Bible? Or did he dictate it to human beings?

Do you think Trump really wrote that book on dealing?
    Uber Member

May 25, 2021, 03:58 PM
    Oh, God, you just can't reply without lying about Aquinas and threatening me with the wrath of Christ.
    I didn't mention wrath. Didn't ask for money. Didn't discuss the vaccine. But you are eternally angry, and something is driving that. I think it is being under conviction.

2 Peter 1:21. In fact, no prophecy ever came by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were being carried along by the Holy Spirit.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2021, 03:59 PM
    You sold what, 2% of the copies Trump sold? Are your books on Amazon? You had a few articles published. That's nice, but you are not even close to being in the same league as people like Trump, and you embarrass yourself when you suggest otherwise. It's really TDS on steroids. Counsel yourself, Ms. Therapist. You own, you have said, a modest home. Trump owns 11 luxury hotels. Come on, WG.
    Trump. Did. Not. Write. The. Art. Of. The. Deal.

I sold enough to pay for a master's program...and more. My husband refused to move to a different house. What did Trump do with his ill-gotten gains? Now his hotels are failing and his name is being stripped off them.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2021, 04:01 PM
    Oh good grief. The man has done things you can't even dream of, but you made enough to earn a Master's Degree. That's great, and I applaud you, but you are so far away from him that it's just laughable. "I would own 11 hotels too, but my husband wouldn't let me!" He, and others like him, are in a different world from us.

Please. Stop.

BTW, most celebs (like Obama) use ghost writers to assist them, but the basic ideas still come from the stated author. I'm pretty sure you already know that.

Now his hotels are failing
    Like so many of your statements, that is flatly untrue. Have you no regard at all for the truth???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2021, 04:12 PM
    Like so many of your statements, that is flatly untrue. Have you no regard at all for the truth???
    Like you do with Athos, you twist and misstate everything I write.

Tony Schwartz, President Trump's former ghostwriter, says writing "The Art of the Deal" is the biggest regret of his life and wishes the 1987 bestseller "weren't even in print."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2021, 04:19 PM
    sorta like Bill Ayers writing 'Dreams of my Father ' .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2021, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    sorta like Bill Ayers writing 'Dreams of my Father ' .
    No, like Trump paying Schwartz to write a book and put Trump's name on it as author.

***Even before I agreed to write The Art of the Deal for Donald Trump three decades ago, I sensed his extreme self-absorption and utter lack of conscience. I wrote the book anyway for the money. To do so, I set aside my concerns about the kind of man he was, and more importantly, the kind of man I wanted to be.

I never imagined that writing a book for a buffoonish real estate developer could eventually help get him elected president of the United States. The fact that it did is a source of shame and regret I will always carry.***
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2021, 04:40 PM
    so be careful what you wish for
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2021, 05:02 PM
    <sarcasm> sounds credible </sarcasm>
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2021, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    <sarcasm> sounds credible </sarcasm>
    Yeah. *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2021, 06:39 PM
    but you are so far away from him that it's just laughable.
    You called me a liar about being an author. I'm not a liar. And I've written more books than Trump has. He can't write two sentences that make sense, as evidenced by his tweets.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2021, 10:46 PM
    Breaking News!
    'Shaking in his boots': Former Trump Org exec speaks on grand jury in criminal probe (msn.com)

Holding out for that prime time perp walk.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2021, 12:56 AM
    about not being able to defend your religious views, whatever they are, from the Bible.
    You're the one who cannot defend his religious views. How many times have you been asked to put your views out there for all to see. Yet, you NEVER did that. Instead, you simply quote the views of another from a 2,000 year old book.

You don't really think you're fooling anyone here, do you?

A dead giveaway about you is how you value Trump by citing his money and his "11 luxury hotels" - not a word about his character. That is not a good approach for a supposed "Christian".

Your Christianity is nothing more than threatening any adversary you come across with hellfire. You want to punish others, but you're too cowardly to take matters into your own hands. So you promote a fiery, hideous hell for others to be a source of comfort for you. Your faith is nothing but the passive acceptance of conventional opinion, said a true Christian.

The proposition that the entire human race — consisting of enormous hordes of humanity — would be placed seriously in danger of a fiery eternity characterized by unspeakable torments purely because a man disobeyed a deity by eating a piece of fruit offered him by his wife is inherently incredible.

Most of all, you are under conviction of your need for Christ. I remember how that was.
    I don't know what Fundie-speak is. Please tell us about "under conviction for Christ". And, as long as you brought it up, what do you remember?

you {speaking about WG} are not even close to being in the same league as people like Trump
    Thank God WG is not in that league. She possesses character and real Christianity. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.

You own, you have said, a modest home. Trump owns 11 luxury hotels. Come on, WG.
    Come on yourself, Jl. Now you dis a modest home which doesn't measure up in your opinion to "11 luxury hotels". Do you even read what you write? Please tell us how "11 luxury hotels" is, in your opinion, a better thing than a modest home. Even better, quote some Bible verses approving of that belief!

Still waiting for your take on how your God wrote the Bible.
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 04:34 AM

Like you do with Athos, you twist and misstate everything I write.
    You said, "Now his hotels are failing." I said that is an untrue statement. In what way is that twisting and misstating your comment?

Come on yourself, Jl. Now you dis a modest home which doesn't measure up in your opinion to "11 luxury hotels". Do you even read what you write? Please tell us how "11 luxury hotels" is, in your opinion, a better thing than a modest home. Even better, quote some Bible verses approving of that belief!
    To own 11 luxury hotels is, I think it's safe to say, a considerably more advanced business accomplishment than owning a modest home. For WG to say she is on the same level business-wise as Trump is so bizarre that it defies description.

2 Peter 1:21. In fact, no prophecy ever came by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were being carried along by the Holy Spirit.

You called me a liar about being an author. I'm not a liar.
    I never called you a liar concerning being an author. I did ask you how many copies of your books sold, which is a blank agreement that you did publish books. You had discussed that many months ago, so I have no idea where that crazy idea came from.

Your hatred of Trump is really amazing. It takes you into places that are just crazy. You write four little books and now you consider yourself to be a major author. Trump has a best seller, but you are, in your mind, more accomplished than him. It's really incredible. He has published several books which have sold millions of copies.
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2021, 05:19 AM
    So you are saying that they are going to war with Cohen and Weisselberg as their chief witness ?
    New York AG criminally investigating Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg (nbcnews.com)

Yeah I'm sure they will use his coming indictment as leverage to turn him. The reason that this won't go down and it is all theater is that if you go to trial for a criminal case ,you need to convince 12 juror's to unanimously find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt . Even in NY that is not likely .

The reason Vance is bringing this to Grand Jury is that he doesn't want to sole responsibility if the case is concluded with an acquittal .

More likely and safer for him will be when he charges the Trump organization and not Trump himself. The organization MAY be guilty of crimes and the jury MAY convict . But the more I think about it ,the less I believe Trump will be charged .

They claimed they had the proof in the Stormy Daniels charge and that went nowhere either in charges by the DA or by the FEC .

Meanwhile Vance has outsourced the investigation of the taxes to an outside organization ( FTI Consulting ) at tremendous expense to NY taxpayers
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2021, 05:58 AM
    Still waiting for your take on how your God wrote the Bible.

And this:

Most of all, you are under conviction of your need for Christ. I remember how that was.
    I don't know what Fundie-speak is. Please tell us about "under conviction for Christ". And, as long as you brought it up, what do you remember?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Real Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

Answering a question from CNN. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-15bda7138a95a6fe60e0c75252783d0b

The Deterioration of Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

He becomes psychotic under certain conditions and is therefore harder to see than a full-blown psychotic who is always acting in an obviously strange manner. More and more, Trump is living in an alternate reality and is becoming more and more dangerous. His behavior is predicted to be...

Baltimore Sun to Donald Trump [ 140 Answers ]

After Trump's calling Baltimore's district a rodent and rat infested mess. The Baltimore Sun replied; "e would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful...

A Message To Donald Trump [ 11 Answers ]

Dear President Trump, In this country, we do not hand over American citizens to be interrogated by foreign adversaries. Yours, AMERICA It took this sorry excuse for a president THREE DAYS to figure that out after calling it an "incredible offer". There is a consensus among serious...

Donald Trump [ 3 Answers ]

Is it leagle for Donald Trump to drill for in the Alaska Artic animal refuge?

View more questions Search