Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 01:21 PM
    Spending has been out of control since 2000 . Successive administrations have devalued the currency . The inflation that everyone seems to be noticing today and that the Fed calls "temporary " has been ongoing since .
    Consider the price of oil . 1999 the price was a little over$16/bb Today it is over $50 .Was that increase not inflation ? Keep on printing more monopoly money and see where prices go .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2021, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    My plan? Hold on to your hat! Get ready for this!! HAVE A BALANCED BUDGET.
    Not possible, not after 18 months of CV-19.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 29, 2021, 02:39 PM
    That’s what they want you to believe. When in the last twenty years has there not been some excuse to justify deficit spending? At thirty trillion dollars our debt is approaching a hundred thousand dollars for every person in the country. It’s disaster approaching.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2021, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That’s what they want you to believe.
    People out of work, businesses closed temporarily and forever, no schools in session ... no money flowing in or out.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 03:42 PM
    and the sky is falling
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2021, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    and the sky is falling
    There was no foot or vehicle traffic in Chicago. The sky had plenty of open space to fall onto.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I think you spend too much time talking out of your gluteus maximus
    Sometimes you make me laugh, parac - lol.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 03:54 PM
    Ok here is another one

jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 29, 2021, 04:13 PM
    People out of work, businesses closed temporarily and forever, no schools in session ... no money flowing in or out.
    That's been true for the past twenty years? Wow. I didn't know that. And what about the 2 or 3 tril that was allocated specifically for the purpose of CV relief. Was that not enough?

As Tom says, "sheeple". A day is coming.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 04:17 PM
    . That is the narrative that il duce Cuomo ,and Mayor Beetlejuice want you to believe . There are towns here in South Carolina where few if any businesses closed due to covid. Oh they did not have the best year ever . But they survived .

The difference is the level of freedom and liberty . I am considering going to an Atlanta Braves game against the Yanks in August. Atlanta opened up their stadium to full attendance already . In NY there is a convoluted formula that determines how many seats can be sold. I kid you not .
    The new rules allow vaccinated fans to sit in special seating sections at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, Citi Field in Flushing and Sahlen Field in Buffalo, as well as minor league stadiums across the state. The fans would still be required to wear face coverings.Attendees under the age of 16 who are not yet eligible for the vaccine may accompany and be seated with a vaccinated adult in the special sections.
    Unvaccinated fans attending the games will be seated in sections with a 33% occupancy limit and a 6-foot social distance rule, as well as mandatory face coverings.
    NY lifting COVID occupancy limits for vaccinated Mets, Yankees, Blue Jays fans (lohud.com)

So in one populated city the team can fill a stadium to capacity . In the one run by the the egotistical madman Cuomo the rules are still arbitrary at his whim .Tomorrow he could put out a whole new set of rules that would make no more sense than this .

When politicians start running around like 'chicken little' yelling crisis it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy .

Everyone thinks all the steps the pols took last year was a given. But think about it . Had the virus hit in 2000 would they have reacted the same ? No way ! Back in 2000 it was impossible to go to your job virtually or to do things like teach virtually . You had to show up at your work . Could you sit home and order groceries back then and have someone deliver them to your home ? . Not in your life. The dotcom Webvan was an early attempt at that business model and it failed miserably . No one communicated by zoom . The net was in it's infancy . There was no Amazon except for books . People would've weighed the risks and then if told they had to lock down there would've been a revolt.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2021, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    . That is the narrative that il duce Cuomo ,and Mayor Beetlejuice want you to believe .
    I saw it with my own eyes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jw greene [ 0 Answers ]

How do I get the Satbara for my plot in vadgaonsheri,pune?

Incredible email [ 2 Answers ]

I am unable to get into incredible email to read my email when I am away from my desktop. How do I do this? Thank you

Incredible how this can happen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all. Ive posted blogs before about my relationship status about me and my ex girlfriend. Well Me and my Ex tried to work things out for the 2nd time. We ran into each other in a local bar and we reconnected like the very first time we meet. Well that night she called me crying with joy...

Incredible boys [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 6 and he is giving me a hard time listening. I have been trying to give him more attention since our 5 month old arrived but its just inpossible to find the time to make every one happy. When I ask him a simple task like to eat his lunch or change his clothes (when dirty) he just...

View more questions Search