Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2021, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The statement is clear that several factors contributed to the mans death. The actions of chauvin head the list but he was not the only factor.
    So you're saying he would have died right there no matter what, even if the police weren't on site.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2021, 05:33 PM
    So you're saying he would have died right there no matter what.
    How in the world did you come up with that? The testimony seems to be that if not for several underlying med conditions, he likely would have survived. Does that excuse Chauvin's actions? No, and that's why I say I am content to let the trial play out.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2021, 05:39 PM
    Here's how you and I are different. I appreciate what those cops in blue do for me. They have an unspeakably difficult job and they deserve our undying appreciation and love. So when one does something that looks questionable, I don't jump all over that person just to validate my liberal dem creds like you seem to do. I believe in giving the cop due process. I mourn over a person killed for no good reason AND for a cop whose life is basically over. That's how we are different. If Chauvin is guilty, and he does seem to be, then it's a tragedy on several different levels. You seem to view these cases as nothing but an opportunity to show everyone how liberal you are.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2021, 05:58 PM
    The statement is clear that several factors contributed to the mans death. The actions of chauvin head the list but he was not the only factor.
    That was completely rejected by witnesses during cross examination and by direct testimony in the first phase of the trial by prosecution witnesses. Saying several factors contributed to the man's death is like saying being born contributed to the man's death. We all die eventually so living is a contributing factor since it leads to death.

I repeat - nobody but you is unsure of the cause of death of Floyd.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2021, 06:21 PM
    Yeah. Me and the medical examiner.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2021, 06:31 PM
    I'll just repeat what I've said. I find nothing to rejoice in with this case as you seem to. It's all unspeakably tragic, both the death of George Floyd, and the extreme going astray of Chauvin. I mourn that he will have to spend most of the rest of his life in jail. So I'm not going to try and turn it into a cheap, pathetic political statement just to prove some liberal bona fides the way you seem so eager to do. Perhaps I have misread that. I hope so. At any rate, I love the police and treasure them. I can sleep securely at night because they are willing to risk their lives to keep all of us safe. I am THRILLED to give them both the benefit of the doubt and due process. If one of them is guilty, then so be it, but if it doesn't tear your heart, then your heart is not right.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2021, 08:20 PM
    The testimony seems to be that if not for several underlying med conditions, he likely would have survived.
    SEEMS TO BE? SEEMS?

Not a single witness testified that Floyd likely would have survived if not for several underlying med conditions. NOT ONE! You're making this up out of whole cloth. And you have the temerity to call me and others liars! You are pathetic.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2021, 08:26 PM
    I'll just repeat what I've said. I find nothing to rejoice in with this case as you seem to. ..... blah, blah, blah ............................................... to prove some liberal bona fides the way you seem ............................ more blah, blah .................................................. ................................. heart, then your heart is not right.
    What a bunch of hogwash! You can't deal with the facts opposing everything you've said so you go back to your old standby - blame the liberal Dems no matter the issue. You are some piece of work - predictable as always.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2021, 08:34 PM
    Deleted disparaging insulting remarks!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2021, 08:59 PM
    JL, please allow a 154-pound man to kneel on your neck for 9 minutes 29 seconds while your hands are cuffed behind your back and you are lying facedown on a parking lot.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2021, 10:51 PM
    JL, please allow a 154-pound man to kneel on your neck for 9 minutes 29 seconds while your hands are cuffed behind your back and you are lying facedown on a parking lot.
    ah, you've been there! Saturday night at the Blue oyster bar and grill.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 04:40 AM
    Not a single witness testified that Floyd likely would have survived if not for several underlying med conditions. NOT ONE! You're making this up out of whole cloth. And you have the temerity to call me and others liars! You are pathetic
    .Doesn't get much plainer than this. I'm not saying he's right, but your claim is plainly false.

(CNN)Maryland's former chief medical examiner testified for Derek Chauvin's defense on Wednesday that George Floyd died due to his underlying heart disease -- not the police restraint.

"In my opinion, Mr. Floyd had a sudden cardiac arrhythmia, or cardiac arrhythmia, due to his atherosclerosis and hypertensive heart disease ... during his restraint and subdual by the police," said Dr. David Fowler, a forensic pathologist who retired as Maryland's chief medical examiner at the end of 2019.
    Floyd had narrowed coronary arteries, known as atherosclerosis, and an enlarged heart due to his high blood pressure, or hypertension, Fowler said. Floyd's fentanyl and methamphetamine use and a tumor known as a paraganglioma were other significant conditions that contributed to his death, he said.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/us/de...-13/index.html

I realize you guys are enjoying your opportunity to crucify a police officer. I just don't get that pleasure.

WG, try being a policeman for a week and then get back with us. I feel very certain your view of the world, and of the police, will change enormously. Your behavior about this is what I find disappointing. You have lived your entire life under the protection of cops who risk life and limb everyday, and yet you get such glee out of this opportunity to give a legal beat down to a policeman.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2021, 04:56 AM
    no they are crucifying a murderer
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 05:08 AM
    If you don't think the key factor in this trial is the fact that Chauvin was a police officer, then you need a lot of help. That is the ONLY reason it is a national storym, and it is the ONLY reason liberal dems have even one ounce of interest in this tragedy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 08:25 AM
    No, the key factor in this case is the excessive force by cops causing death caught on camera!!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 09:00 AM
    WG, try being a policeman for a week and then get back with us. I feel very certain your view of the world, and of the police, will change enormously. Your behavior about this is what I find disappointing. You have lived your entire life under the protection of cops who risk life and limb everyday, and yet you get such glee out of this opportunity to give a legal beat down to a policeman.
    I have been closely involved with them, as part of one of my psych internships. Chauvin is a little man who was intimidated by a bigger Black man who may not have even known that $20 was counterfeit. Who examines the bills in their wallet to check for counterfeit? AND, was it ever proven to be counterfeit, or was just the clerk's supposition?

Would YOU have realized that $20 wasn't the real thing?
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 09:22 AM
    I have been closely involved with them, as part of one of my psych internships.
    How many patrols did you go on? How many arrests did you participate in?

Chauvin is a little man who was intimidated by a bigger Black man who may not have even known that $20 was counterfeit.
    And you know this how?

Who examines the bills in their wallet to check for counterfeit? AND, was it ever proven to be counterfeit, or was just the clerk's supposition?
    I have no idea. I do know that when the police say you are under arrest, then you are under arrest. If you resist, it's not good. But yet again, that's why it has gone to trial. We'll see what the jury decides. I'll live with it either way, regardless of how much Maxine Waters encourages violence, and regardless of how disappointed it seems you will be to not be able to put a cop in jail if he is found innocent.

I don't think DC is guilty of second degree murder. I'm not saying he is not responsible in some way for GF's death, but I don't see how it amounts to second degree murder. I don't see how you can show that DC intended for GF to die. Manslaughter?? That sounds reasonable.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2021, 09:24 AM
    It was standard procedure...It is no longer in the rule book.

I've been in similar situations. Had our boy Floyd, not Resisted, crying , fighting, panicking etc.
    There'd be a good chance he'd have survived this ordeal. Simply put- Floyd couldn't catch his breath.
    I didn't like the way the Police handled the entire situation, it was heart wrenching to watch...I wouldn't want to see it again.
    They are out for blood. Chauvin, (poor Sod) will most likely take the hit.
    O.J. Simpson, (Ignoramus) all over again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2021, 09:25 AM
    Hmm, JL, you hopped and skipped right over my last question.

Would YOU have realized that $20 wasn't the real thing?
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2021, 09:29 AM
    I didn't hop and skip over anything. I said as clearly as can be said, "I have no idea." School principals don't receive training on recognizing counterfeit bills.

You, however, DID "hop and skip" over my question, so I'll ask it again. You claimed, "Chauvin is a little man who was intimidated by a bigger Black man who may not have even known that $20 was counterfeit." I replied, "And you know this how?"

I will patiently wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lists of plays [ 1 Answers ]

I need a list of African American theatrical productions played at Sarah Lawrence college between 1985 to 1993. Thanks.

Deportation Lists [ 1 Answers ]

Are there lists available of names of people who were deported from Canada?

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

View more questions Search