Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladyredoor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Shop lifting

Someone, anyone I need some answers real fast. I'm in Canada and I was caught shop lifting. I was charged of course and I'm waiting for my court appearance, needless to say I'm scarred and the way I see it I should be.

I have a bi polar disorder for the last 25 years. And for some stupid reason I felt well so I stopped talking my lithium. When I did that in a matter of days I was flying on NOTHING, I was real manic and lifted some kind of pills in a drug store.

Now this is totally out of character for me however ten years ago I did the same thing and was caught shop lifting back then. When I'm taking my lithium regular this type of behavior doesn't happen.

Should I get a lawyer? The officer said I don't have to get a lawyer so now I''m not sure where I stand. Is there any peace officers that can help or anyone who knows the legal system.

Thanks in advance
    Ladyredoor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 07:23 AM
    I'm new how do I get around on this site.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Hello Lady:

You're navigating just fine.

There's only one answer to your question, because there are a jillion possibilities based upon a jillion factors, many of which have yet to be played out.

Yes, you should get a lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Ok, first it appears this will be a more minor theft if you only took a "few" pills, not thousands of dollars of pills.

IF you have not been in trouble in 10 years most likely you will get a fine, and be on probation for a while. Plus of course the store will come back and have a civil penalty of maybe up to 500 dollars they will bill you separately ( I see that often in cases like this in Canada on this site)

I would get an attorney, he can decide if it is worth, or if you can even afford to pay doctors to testify about your condition or if he can merely work out a plea with the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight lifting [ 2 Answers ]

Ive gotten to the point now where I divide my exericses groups into day such as my chest and legs one day and then my biceps and triceps the next time I work out etc.. I just wondering should I be doing multiple exercises per muscle so do three chest exercises on the day I do my chest and so on? ...

Hernia: preventing testicle pain while lifting! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am 17 years old. I lift weight a lot, well I used to . This whole summer I have laid around watching anime and losing muscle. Mainly because I had this lump on my right testicle and I was in a lot of amounts of pain, and my doctor could not really find any explenation for it at all what so...

Thrift shop [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I do to open :rolleyes: a thrift shop?

Weight lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is OK to do a full body workout three days a week? Also when is the best time to do a workout I usually do it around 4 or 5 pm.

Lifting of the corporate veil [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've just started the company law subject this semester, I did not understand the "lifting of the corporate veil". Can you give me a detailed explanation on this matter. Regards MMM20

View more questions Search