Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 27, 2021, 06:06 AM
    My whole point is that linking individuals and business behavior to this cancel culture meme seems to be another right wing repub campaign strategy. Politics in this never ending election cycle we find ourselves in.

Interesting the CPAC theme this year is America UNcanceled.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2021, 06:55 AM
    Bill Maher, hardly a staunch conservative, shared some interesting insights into this cancel culture mob.

""Real Time" host Bill Maher closed his show on Friday night by offering a warning to skeptics on the left who don't buy into the existence of "cancel culture.""Liberals need a Stand Your Ground law ... for cancel culture." Maher began the monologue, "so that when the woke mob comes after you for some ridiculous offense, you'll stand your ground, stop apologizing. Because I can't keep up with who's on the s---list."

Maher also accused Republicans of "trying to appropriate" the term in response to "just comeuppance for actual crimes," saying their muddying of the water was "unfortunate" because "cancel culture is real, it's insane, it's growing exponentially, coming to a neighborhood near you."

"If you think it's just for celebrities, no," Maher asserted. "In an era when everyone is online, everyone is a public figure. It's like we're all trapped in 'The Hills Have Eyes... and Wifi.'"

"Is this really who we want to become? A society of phony, clenched-a------ avatars walking on eggshells, always looking over your shoulder about getting ratted out for something that actually has nothing to do with your character or morals?" Maher asked. "Think about everything you've ever texted, emailed, searched for, tweeted, blogged, or said in passing. Or now even just witnessed. 'Someone had a Confederate flag in their dorm room in 1990 and you didn't do anything?' 'You laughed at a Woody Allen movie?'"
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...chris-harrison
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2021, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Interesting the CPAC theme this year is America UNcanceled.
    The videos and interviews I've seen covering the CPAC has so far been an oddball collection of what should be called the "denial of reality" culture. Ted Cruz, the senator who abandoned his state in a time of crisis, was true to form, screeching about the pandemic with lies so outrageous even his audience should have been repelled.

The era of William Buckley conservatism has disappeared replaced by a group Bill would have been horrified by.
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2021, 09:00 AM
    lies so outrageous even his audience should have been repelled.
    As usual, a broad generalization with no specifics at all.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2021, 09:01 AM
    Interesting the CPAC theme this year is America UNcanceled
    I'm a trend setter .
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2021, 09:07 AM
    The era of William Buckley conservatism has disappeared replaced by a group Bill would have been horrified by.
    Maybe but Buckley would have been proud to identify with the performance during the pandemic of Fla Guv DeSantis
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2021, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Maybe but Buckley would have been proud to identify with the performance during the pandemic of Fla Guv DeSantis
    Maybe. Maybe not.

DeSantis has been accused of manipulating data, even banning any info about the pandemic from his health office. When a data scientist whistleblower tried to expose him, he sent the police to her house and with drawn guns seized her computers and her records. The warrant was issued by a judge that DeSantis had appointed a month prior.
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2021, 10:27 AM
    I wonder if this had anything to do with her arrest?

“Evidence retrieved from a search warrant on December 7 shows that Jones illegally accessed the system sending a message to approximately 1,750 people and downloaded confidential FDOH data and saved it to her device,” a FDLE spokesperson said in a statement."

http://stateofthenation.co/?p=48733
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2021, 06:24 AM
    I leave for a few days to move out of the land of il Duce Cuomo and when I'm gone the cancel culture went into meltdown . Dr Seuss ? Mr Potato Head ??? Really ????

Mr. Potato Head is going gender neutral - CNN

Cancel Culture Comes for Dr. Seuss | Opinion (newsweek.com)

They have been trying to cancel Mark Twain for years .

There was a time when the left rallied against book banning . Now ??
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 07:17 AM
    It's just the flavor of the month. I am hopeful that it will all backfire in the midterm elections.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2021, 07:48 AM
    New Rule: Cancel Culture is Over Party | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - YouTube
    Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 10:29 AM
    Spare me the conflation of this cancel culture meme after four years of right wing canceling everybody who doesn't agree with them. Businesses are just protecting their bottom lines in todays politically correct hyper partisan society where the fringes have hollered about each other and caught the moderates in the middle.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2021, 02:46 PM
    Before I escaped NY I read about a student at SUNY Geneseo had been suspended from mandatory course work he needs to become a teacher . The school has a “remediation plan” in place designed for him IF he takes down certain social media postings he has made . The university says that the student has violated the school’s "inclusivity doctrine" which says that teacher candidates are to foster “a diverse campus community marked by mutual respect for the unique talents and contributions of each individual.”

So what did he do ? Did he join al Qaeda or ISIS ? Did he threaten elected leaders ? Did he riot/ commit arson /assault anyone in Portland; or any of the other cities that had mostly peaceful protests ? Nah ,

What he did write on social media was that ‘I do not recognize the gender that they claim to be if they are not biologically that gender’.

Heinous !!! For that the student is cancelled ! So much for universities being the bastions for free thinkers .

University President Denise Battles wrote in an email

“There are clear legal limitations to what a public university can do in response to objectionable speech,”. “As a result, there are few tools at our disposal to reduce the pain that such speech may cause.”

Reduce the pain ? Are universities now safe houses ? Yeah there is few tools you can use to suspend free speech ;or there used to be .
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 03:00 PM
    It's like being raised on the earth and then moving to Mars.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 03:01 PM
    What he did write on social media was that ‘I do not recognize the gender that they claim to be if they are not biologically that gender’.

Heinous !!! For that the student is cancelled ! So much for universities being the bastions for free thinkers .
    It has nothing to do with free thinking. It's science! We (humans, animals, insects, plants) are not strictly binary. Between male and female, there are many, many variations.

In fact, "the gender spectrum is an understanding that gender is not binary (female/male), but rather a spectrum of biological, mental and emotional traits that exist along a continuum. In contrast, the gender binary--also called gender binarism or genderism—is a belief that gender is composed of two distinct and opposite genders (female and male) in which there is not overlap."
    https://cadehildreth.com/gender-spectrum/

Uber Member

Mar 5, 2021, 03:19 PM
    It has nothing to do with free thinking. It's science! We (humans, animals, insects, plants) are not strictly binary. Between male and female, there are many, many variations.
    There is nothing in science to support that. It is strictly a belief.

This is the funniest comment on your link. "On average, males do have penises, and on average, females do have vaginas." On average? By "on average", do they mean something like 99.99% of the time? Is that what passes for "on average" now?

And this is the second funniest. "On average, males tend to have XY chromosomes and females tend to have XX chromosomes." You mean, again, like 99.99% of the time.

There was not a shred of science in that article to show that there are many genders aside from male/female. ALL of the exceptions they showed are well known genetic disorders.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 03:59 PM
    There is nothing in science to support that. It is strictly a belief.
    Nope. It's pure science.
    There was not a shred of science in that article to show that there are many genders aside from male/female. ALL of the exceptions they showed are well known genetic disorders.
    Take off your blinders and read with your honesty glasses. Today's news: Guiliani's daughter is pansexual. Guess I'll post an article on what happens to fetuses and their chromosomes.
    Expert

Mar 5, 2021, 04:29 PM
    Before I escaped NY I read about a student at SUNY Geneseo had been suspended from mandatory course work he needs to become a teacher . The school has a “remediation plan” in place designed for him IF he takes down certain social media postings he has made . The university says that the student has violated the school’s "inclusivity doctrine" which says that teacher candidates are to foster “a diverse campus community marked by mutual respect for the unique talents and contributions of each individual.”

So what did he do ? Did he join al Qaeda or ISIS ? Did he threaten elected leaders ? Did he riot/ commit arson /assault anyone in Portland; or any of the other cities that had mostly peaceful protests ? Nah ,

University President Denise Battles wrote in an email

“There are clear legal limitations to what a public university can do in response to objectionable speech,”. “As a result, there are few tools at our disposal to reduce the pain that such speech may cause.”

Reduce the pain ? Are universities now safe houses ? Yeah there is few tools you can use to suspend free speech ;or there used to be .
    Has nothing to do with dems so take it up with the ones that did it. Meantime as you raise money on this cancel culture war lets cancel the big lie about voter fraud and election stealing, and the renewed voter suppression rules the red state boys are perpetrating AGAIN.

Let's cancel poverty and inequity while you're at it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2021, 04:40 PM
    The libs pay nothing but lip service to poverty and inequity . Then they say 'at least we tried '........while using other people's money .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2021, 04:56 PM
    the left uses so called "diversity" to advance their agenda collecting up individuals who don't fit in, they are the party of the misfits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About black list [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, My name is umer iqbal am I blacklist for uae.I already travel uae on visit visa.. but now he told me blacklist.not giving employement visa.. what is this.. please ans me

Black list [ 0 Answers ]

0 Search Results for Im blacklisted in dubai at 2007,now 5years past,can I entery to dubai or want something to clear?plls help me thnks

Black list [ 0 Answers ]

I am terminated by my company they not pay my due and visa now I am working in Doha. Now they asking me cancel visa without paying due. They are telling they will black list if I will not cancel my visa. Please help me can they do this or they forcing me cancel me without pay my dues.

You A E black list [ 1 Answers ]

Respected sir, I was a employ of adnoc distribution in U A E. Unfortunately I was terminated from the job in 4/12/2010.then I go to office for cancellation I went their for more than 30 times ,they told me came after some days,I do the same thing for 6 months and the answer...

View more questions Search