Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    yes looney gun culture
    Guns aren't the problem...the loons are.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Here is an example of our mentally alert pres at work. He can't remember the name of the Sec. of Defense, and he refers to the Department of Defense as "that outfit".
    Please send me your endorsed $1400 stimulus check.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 05:31 PM
    You don't need it. I don't need it. Most of the people getting it don't need it. Many people in prison will get a check. Ridiculous. It's just an attempt to buy votes with borrowed money and we have become dumb enough to fall for it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 05:47 PM
    You don't need it. I don't need it.
    Mine will help the homeless, animal shelters, and military vets. Who will yours help?
    It's just an attempt to buy votes with borrowed money and we have become dumb enough to fall for it.
    Ha, ha! Trump missed the boat on this one!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2021, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How can I get mine, this is too good to pass up
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 06:16 PM
    So the feds are supposed to send us borrowed money with no idea of how to pay it back so you can boast about helping the poor? Well...OK.

Actually, I applaud your charity. It’s just ridiculous to think of needing borrowed fed money to do it. This all seems to be funny to you. I think that’s sad.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 06:21 PM
    So the feds are supposed to send us borrowed money with no idea of how to pay it back
    Trump and his pals could have easily put up the money out of their own pockets.
    Actually, I applaud your charity. It’s just ridiculous to think of needing borrowed fed money to do it. I realize this is all a joke to you. That’s sad.
    No applause, please. Those, and others, are the charities and groups I regularly support. Now I have to figure out the exchange rate for Australia. *grin* P.S. $100 USD = $129.42 AUD
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 06:29 PM
    If you think trump and his pals could have put up the money, then you have no idea how much 1.9 trillion dollars is.

It’s six thousand dollars for every man, woman, and child in America. But if it’s all funny to you, then I can’t help you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 06:34 PM
    If you think trump and his pals could have put up the money, then you have no idea how much 1.9 trillion dollars is.
    His pals are all those who have a million dollars or more.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 06:51 PM
    You know nothing of math. A trillion is a million million. So all you have to do is find a two million people to give a million dollars each so WG can donate to a dog shelter. Yeah. That makes sense.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2021, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Trump and his pals could have easily put up the money out of their own pockets.

No applause, please. Those, and others, are the charities and groups I regularly support. Now I have to figure out the exchange rate for Australia. *grin* P.S. $100 USD = $129.42 AUD
    I'll settle for $1500AU
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 07:08 PM
    You know nothing of math.
    There's the insult again. You just can't stop, can you.
    A trillion is a million million. So all you have to do is find a two million people to give a million dollars each....
    I said a million or MORE. Many of those wealthy people have far more than a million. And the money would keep "the feds" (as you call them) from being burdened. I was heartened to read where many of those stimulus checks will be going.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 07:16 PM
    First you said this. "Trump and his pals could have easily put up the money out of their own pockets." I showed you that was flat wrong. Then you said, "His pals are all those who have a million dollars or more." I showed you that was flat wrong. Unless, of course, you really think he has two million "pals". Then you decide I was insulting you when I pointed out that your math knowledge is faulty. It's not an insult. I'm simply pointing out that your thinking is wrong because your math is flawed. And even worse, you still have not answered why we should extort money from honest people in order to give you money you don't need. And I also notice that you have not suggested that the government take any money from you, now a wealthy person by your own description, in order to pay for this looney bill.

There's the insult again. You just can't stop, can you.
    Instead of complaining, start thinking clearly. There are only a few hundred thousand people who make a million a year or more, and this is far, far short of the two million you need. This is not a joke. Think seriously about it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 07:22 PM
    First you said this. "Trump and his pals could have easily put up the money out of their own pockets." I showed you that was flat wrong. Then you said, "His pals are all those who have a million dollars or more." I showed you that was flat wrong. Unless, of course, you really think he has two million "pals". Then you decide I was insulting you when I pointed out that your math knowledge is faulty. It's not an insult. I'm simply pointing out that your thinking is wrong because your math is flawed.
    Trump's pals -- used facetiously -- are all those who have a million or more in the bank, invested in stocks, in property, etc. I'm so very sorry I have to explain this to you. Now I see you really are, 100%, a literalist.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 07:26 PM
    So you seriously think that the government should force honest people to sell their homes, cash out their savings and investments, and give it to the feds so they can send you money to give to a dog shelter??? And what about wealthy you? Are you prepared to sell your house? Cash out your savings? Why not you? Why is it always someone else with you liberal dems? WHY NOT YOU????? Can't we give your money to people to give to dog shelters? Or is that level of sacrifice only for others?

That's why I don't respect your views. You don't think. You just repeat the words you hear from others. It is always, always someone else who must carry the load. It is never, ever you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 07:44 PM
    So you seriously think that the government should force honest people to sell their homes, cash out their savings and investments, and give it to the feds so they can send you money to give to a dog shelter???
    This has nothing to do with me. It's so the wealthy can help those less fortunate in a way, en masse, they would have never considered before.

And what about wealthy you? Are you prepared to sell your house? Cash out your savings? Why not you? Why is it always someone else with you liberal dems? WHY NOT YOU????? Can't we give your money to people to give to dog shelters? Or is that level of sacrifice only for others?
    Wealthy me? Now you're dreaming. Of course, I'd do my fair share.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 07:50 PM
    This has nothing to do with me. It's so the wealthy can help those less fortunate in a way, en masse, they would have never considered before.
    The wealthy already pay over 85% of income taxes, so your point is ridiculous. And to ask them to sell their homes and cash out their investments to give money to people like you to support dog shelters is lunacy. It is just so typical for a non-thinking, liberal dem.

And just as I suspected, now that it suits you, you are back to your "modest income" motif. You said a week or two ago that you have a six figure income, so why wouldn't we ask you to sell your house?

It's completely sickening. Talk with someone else. If you can't figure out that making people sell their homes so you can give money to a blasted dog shelter is completely stupid, then I can't help you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 08:12 PM
    The wealthy already pay over 85% of income taxes, so your point is ridiculous. And to ask them to sell their homes and cash out their investments to give money to people like you to support dog shelters is lunacy. It is just so typical for a non-thinking, liberal dem.

And just as I suspected, now that it suits you, you are back to your "modest income" motif. You said a week or two ago that you have a six figure income, so why wouldn't we ask you to sell your house?

It's completely sickening. Talk with someone else. If you can't figure out that making people sell their homes so you can give money to a blasted dog shelter is completely stupid, then I can't help you.
    As usual, you totally misread and misunderstood my comments.

I never said I have a six-figure income! I'm RETIRED!

And I never mentioned dog shelters.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2021, 08:13 PM
    Sure I did.

Animal shelters was your reference.

You voted to raise taxes on yourself. Remember?? Check out your reply to this post.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...02#post3864802
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2021, 08:27 PM
    Sure I did.

Animal shelters was your reference.

You voted to raise taxes on yourself. Remember??
    Animal shelters include far more than dog shelters. I've never had a dog, nor do I ever want one. I'm a crazy cat lady, for years have rescued neighborhood strays/ferals and help my local cat shelter.

Yup, and so it was regarding taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Student tax return questions - Many thanks in advance! [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is a student and made some money in spare time via tutoring SAT MCAT. I would appreciate very much if any one could give me advice on the following questions: 1. My daughter filed tax return for 2009 independently - i.e. I did not claim her exemption. Can I claim her exemption and...

Please help me in solving these questions.Thanks in advance. [ 8 Answers ]

Q.1 Solve the given differential equation by Separation of variables. Sec^2xdy + cscydx = 0 Q.2 Solve the following Differential Equation (y^2+3xy)dy = (4x^2+xy)dy, y(1) = 1 Q.3 Determine whether the following Differential Equation is exact. If exact, solve. (1-2x^2-2y)dy/dx = 4x^3 + 4xy

Court Reporters and Scopers [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking online courses in "scoping". These are people to transcribe court reporters notes into legal documents. Is this a good idea? Do court reporters still use scopers, or will this type of job be obsolete before I even finish the schooling? This type of work appeals to me...

View more questions Search