Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2020, 08:46 PM
    You mean the ones who pay nearly all of the income taxes?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2020, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Dontcha just hate it when stuff happens? And that was fat greedy rich people...I was specific.
    Not specific enough, you meant Trump but jl is back focused on those rich people who pay taxes and yet he gives his buddy trump who doesn't a pass
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2020, 05:10 AM
    I haven't given anyone a pass. Trump's returns are looked at annually by the IRS, and anyone who thinks the IRS is giving him a pass is an idiot. And as much as the truth irritates people here, it is simply a fact that wealthy people pay close to ninety percent of fed income taxes, so any call for "tax fairness" is a call being made by an ignorant dufusite. (Yeah...I borrowed the term.)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2020, 05:37 AM
    You know, don't you, that i don't care if the rich pay 100% of the taxes and the poor pay nothing, since the rich have 100% of the advantage and 100% of the property and the poor have nothing. The dufus here is you
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2020, 08:28 AM
    that i don't care if the rich pay 100% of the taxes
    We have discussed this before. You seem perfectly happy to let others do your "charity" for you. My feeling is that anyone blessed enough to live in this country should shoulder at least some of the load for running the place. It's a responsibility we should all undertake and be happy to do it. To suggest the poor have "nothing" is ridiculous. They certainly have less, much less in fact, but they do not have "nothing" as a general rule. If they have nothing else, they have the golden opportunity of living here and, assuming the person is physically and mentally capable, being free to make a success out of his/her life.

And before you start trying to lecture me on the condition of the poor, I would guess that I have a hundred times more experience of working with poor people than you do. And unlike you, it seems, I have put my own time and money into play to help them rather than depending on taxing the rich to do it.

You are welcome to believe as you will, but I am not going to let you or anyone else on this board get away with portraying your fake charity as something noble. You care so much for poor people that you are willing to force others to help them? Sorry, but not impressed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 16, 2020, 10:22 AM
    You're position is fine, nothing new or different from what I've heard for decades. We voted already for a different direction though than the one we were on and that my friend is the true beauty of America. Next election in two years. The only question to be answered in this cycle is which party will control the senate, and that answer will be in about a month or so. After that it's game on! The debate continues!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biden-Trump [ 39 Answers ]

Biden passes 79 million votes - highest ever. 50.9% of popular vote - most for any challenger since FDR. 5.7 million votes more than Trump - and the margin is still growing. Trump will be absent from Biden's inauguration since he will abscond to Florida prior where he will fight...

Biden's 2019 Tax Returns [ 28 Answers ]

Biden’s returns, posted on his campaign website, show that he and his wife, Jill, made $944,737 in taxable income last year and paid $299,346 in federal income taxes—a 31 percent tax rate. In contrast, Trump paid no federal income taxes for 10 of the past 15 years, and paid just $750 in 2016 and...

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

God bless Joe Biden [ 34 Answers ]

You got to love the guy for speaking his mind... If he's so brilliant and so prepared, why is Biden already begging for help? Why is he already predicting low poll numbers? This is the guy that "has it" and this is his running mate? Reportedly Biden added, “I probably shouldn’t have said...

Obama vs. Biden [ 3 Answers ]

You've had your chuckles over Palin, this is the alternative... LvZpp9QJRME

View more questions Search