Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 04:31 AM
    Clete is right about WHO . They have repeatedly lied about covid 19 . Jan 2020 Taiwan warned WHO about human transmission of covid and yet WHO persisted in going with the Chi-com narrative that it was not transmitted person to person. They went along with the lie that it originated in a meat market . Now at China's beckoning they are advancing this narrative that it was derived naturally in the wild instead of the Wuhan lab. For WHO to say it is 'highly unlikely ' that it originated in the lab instead of saying it is most likely the source tells you have much the organization is merely a political tool of Beijing .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2021, 08:21 AM
    Isn't that often the case when a major player walks from the table? Whomever is left controls the narrative. Don't blame China for filling the vacuum we left. Take it as a cautionary warning of not being willing to stay engaged.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 02:41 PM
    Tal It isn't about you, the WHO backed the China narrative before Trump pulled out
    Expert

Feb 12, 2021, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Tal It isn't about you, the WHO backed the China narrative before Trump pulled out
    Never made it about me or even US, but if you think the WHO and China was lying it would seem exposing the truth would be better than cutting and running.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Never made it about me or even US, but if you think the WHO and China was lying it would seem exposing the truth would be better than cutting and running.
    Communist societies are into narrative not truth, and orientals save face. China and the CCP lost face because the epidemic started in China. maybe it started in a lab, maybe in an unhygenic wet market, and maybe as they say from an unknown species. The damage is done and the WHO have had the wool pulled over their eyes but after a year what could you expect? Covid apparently spreads in many ways
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 07:01 PM
    Trump was right to pull the US and our funding out of that joke organization masquerading as a legitimate health watch dog. But that is true of most UN organizations . Before we pulled out WHO was acting as a propaganda organization for the Chi-coms .
    Expert

Feb 12, 2021, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Communist societies are into narrative not truth,
    So is the dufus

and orientals save face.
    So does the dufus!

China and the CCP lost face because the epidemic started in China. maybe it started in a lab, maybe in an unhygenic wet market, and maybe as they say from an unknown species.
    Finally a coherent logic!

The damage is done and the WHO have had the wool pulled over their eyes but after a year what could you expect? Covid apparently spreads in many ways
    The dufus pulled the wool over our eyes in America by downplaying and ignoring the danger...yes we have the audio. Can't trust anybody Clete...especially our own dufus!
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2021, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Trump was right to pull the US and our funding out of that joke organization masquerading as a legitimate health watch dog. But that is true of most UN organizations . Before we pulled out WHO was acting as a propaganda organization for the Chi-coms .
    Still are

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Can't trust anybody Clete...especially our own dufus!
    Noone said you can trust any politician and certainly not a load mouth buffoon but many did because what he said had the ring of truth
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 06:38 AM
    what he said had the ring of truth
    It was much deeper than that since many factors entered in. There was, for instance, the fact that the dems ran the most corrupt pres candidate in decades in HC. There was Trump's promise to decisively end the immigration crisis on our southern border. People believed Trump had a better understanding of how to develop a healthy economy. Perhaps most of all, many people believed, correctly I think, that HC was the candidate of the big money elite, including nearly all of the major media outlets, who were attempting to tell us how to think and what to think. That is still going on except in even greater measure. The pushback against it is only just beginning.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 07:13 AM
    The dufus run for president was perfect timing since no other repub was dominant or popular nor as dynamic for a grassroots voter wanting change from a tired old establishment ideology that they felt ignored them amid an rapidly ever changing social upheaval of this changing world. Despite winning the popular vote, poor HC was the victim of a poor turnout in some key states dems needed most, just as the dufus was a victim of his own making losing the repubs he needed as the dems ramped up their own turnout efforts this last election.

Much has been made of the 74M dufus voters, an angry disappointed lot at this time, but a big mistake to ignore the 80M dem voters that put Biden in the WH with a slim majority in the senate and house. A lot of repubs had to run from the dufus, and stay with their local heroes for that to happen, and that is on the shoulders of the dufus.

Can repubs get their groove back after this election? Or has the dufus destroyed them nationally? Who emerges as the next repub hero, or will the dufus cast a huge shadow over these cowards allowing the loonies to wag the dogs tail to disgrace?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2021, 05:00 PM
    and what did Evita do ?Claimed that the vote was stolen . And the Dems ran with that for 4 years . Tell you what ;you say that Trump stealing the election through Russian collusion was a big fat lie ;then I will say that the 2020 elections was not rigged and stolen. Fair deal in an attempt to move on ?
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 05:15 PM
    Pretty sure I can predict how that agreement is going to not work out.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 05:24 PM
    and what did Evita do ?Claimed that the vote was stolen . And the Dems ran with that for 4 years . Tell you what ;you say that Trump stealing the election through Russian collusion was a big fat lie ;then I will say that the 2020 elections was not rigged and stolen. Fair deal in an attempt to move on ?
    Depends if the repubs latest voter suppression drive doesn't take the news cycle or we get a dufus perp walk on primetime. Never know what the next current event will be. Since finally the last election is over. 2022 can get started.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2021, 05:51 PM
    Pretty sure I can predict how that agreement is going to not work out.
    Depends if the repubs latest voter suppression drive doesn't take the news cycle or we get a dufus perp walk on primetime. Never know what the next current event will be. Since finally the last election is over. 2022 can get started.

and j takes the point
    Expert

Feb 13, 2021, 06:02 PM
    I can see dufus supporters wanting to move on, maybe gloat a bit. That saves them the embarrassment for explaining his despicable behavior or repub cowardice to hold him accountable. He got off on a technicality that Mitch made sure he made happen. That's okay, well played Slick! Don't party to hard fringers, game ain't over. This is repubs second fumble the way I see it.

I think you know that!
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2021, 09:52 PM
    The kangaroo court is over with. Kind of a shame. It needed to go on for months so the dem Congress would not have time to mess the country up.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 01:43 AM
    and what did Evita do ?Claimed that the vote was stolen . And the Dems ran with that for 4 years .
    This is an outrageous lie. HC congratulated Trump soon after the election.

Tell you what ;you say that Trump stealing the election through Russian collusion was a big fat lie ;then I will say that the 2020 elections was not rigged and stolen.
    The 2016 election was when the Russians interfered. A proven fact. Nobody but Trump and the loony right claimed HC and/or the Democrats claimed COLLUSION.

The 2020 election was the fairest election in history according to Republican Chris Krebs who was in charge of monitoring the election. Trump IMMEDIATELY fired him for telling the truth! Later AG Barr said the same thing, but he resigned before Trump could fire him.

Fair deal in an attempt to move on ?
    You wouldn't know fair if it hit you right between the eyes.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 03:20 AM
    This is an outrageous lie. HC congratulated Trump soon after the election.

“There’s just a lot that I think will be revealed. History will discover,” the Democratic Party’s 2016 presidential nominee continued. “But you don’t win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, ‘Whoa, something’s not right here.’ That was a deep sense of unease.”

Hillary Clinton Maintains 2016 Election ‘Was Not On the Level’: ‘We Still Don’t Know What Really Happened’ (yahoo.com)

"I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from," Clinton said.
    Hillary Clinton: "It Makes Me Literally Sick To My Stomach" To Think About Four More Years Of Trump | Video | RealClearPolitics

Hillary Clinton says the 2016 election was ‘stolen’ from her - YouTube

Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2021, 04:56 AM
    “There’s just a lot that I think will be revealed. History will discover,” the Democratic Party’s 2016 presidential nominee continued. “But you don’t win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, ‘Whoa, something’s not right here.’ That was a deep sense of unease.”

Hillary Clinton Maintains 2016 Election ‘Was Not On the Level’: ‘We Still Don’t Know What Really Happened’ (yahoo.com)

"I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from," Clinton said.
    Hillary Clinton: "It Makes Me Literally Sick To My Stomach" To Think About Four More Years Of Trump | Video | RealClearPolitics

Hillary Clinton says the 2016 election was ‘stolen’ from her - YouTube
    The YouTube quote comes close, not perfectly, but I'll give you that one. My apologies.

The others have her questioning the election in terms other than "stolen", carefully qualified. What we know now how Trump made false claims re 2020, maybe HC was on to something.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2021, 05:06 AM
    I don't know if you can keep using HC's sour grapes at the low dem turnout as an excuse for repubs voter suppression antics and dufus shenanigans and lies any longer. Nor can you ignore the growing loony voter base that has you guys tied in knots defending the most despicable political character since the birchers.

The dufus acquittal didn't protect our constitutional way of life or the rule of law. It just exposes repubs unwillingness to defend them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roman Catholic Wedding, or Not? [ 19 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions for my Roman Catholic friends regarding a wedding I attended last week. The circumstances were a bit strange, and I'm curious how the RC church would view this. Background: the bride is Catholic, the groom Protestant (Presbyterian I think, but not entirely sure). ...

IF I live in Florida and work in New York do I have to pay state taxes for New York [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida and will be working in New York 4 days a week. Will I have to pay New York state taxes on that income?

Roman Catholic Antichrist? [ 126 Answers ]

Here is My Reasons Why am I not Roman Catholic? 1. OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross. Both began 300 years after Christ... 310AD. 2. Wax...

Cheap apartment in brooklyn, calafornia, New York. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, One of my friends and myself are looking to move to america this August or September from australia and are trying to find cheap apartments in New York, brooklyn, calafornia, miami or somewhere in this area or anywhere close to these places that are cheap. To me cheap is about $150 to $200...

View more questions Search