Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2020, 01:09 PM
    THAT DEFICIT SPENDING DURING GOOD ECONOMIC TIMES IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!! Repub pres and dem House, and neither did anything to stop it. You, of course, only mentioned Trump, but now you have a pres who has stated he is going to start a number of pricey new spending initiatives to be funded by an altogether insufficient tax increase, so we will good from very bad to much worse.

So to say it again, anyone who turns a blind eye to a record and still growing national debt just doesn't give a daxn about the country they will leave to their kids and grandkids. It's pathetic.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2020, 02:01 PM
    pathetic.
    yes that's the word and that makes all politicians who support it pathetic
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 10, 2020, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    THAT DEFICIT SPENDING DURING GOOD ECONOMIC TIMES IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!! Repub pres and dem House, and neither did anything to stop it. You, of course, only mentioned Trump, but now you have a pres who has stated he is going to start a number of pricey new spending initiatives to be funded by an altogether insufficient tax increase, so we will good from very bad to much worse.

So to say it again, anyone who turns a blind eye to a record and still growing national debt just doesn't give a daxn about the country they will leave to their kids and grandkids. It's pathetic.
    Please elaborate given this is hardly good economic times for everybody and a pandemic rages on. Aren't you ignoring the plight of the sick and dying and poor? One way to pay for stuff is growing the economy through stimulus spending such as we did during the bank and auto bailouts and shovel ready projects which yield not just a profit but created jobs and infrastructure improvements.

Maybe you can argue the Biden tax increase proposals insufficient, but I would argue the Repub tax cuts as excessive.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2020, 04:05 PM
    Please elaborate given this is hardly good economic times for everybody and a pandemic rages on. Aren't you ignoring the plight of the sick and dying and poor? One way to pay for stuff is growing the economy through stimulus spending such as we did during the bank and auto bailouts and shovel ready projects which yield not just a profit but created jobs and infrastructure improvements.
    Blah, blah, blah. Always an excuse to engage in deficit spending. We have never had debt this high, not even in WW2, so I'll just say it again. Any adult who makes excuses for this foolishness just doesn't care one whit about his/her children or grandchildren.

As to the unemployed, there are about 13 million of them. We could write each one a check for 15 thousand dollars each, and only spend about 200 billion dollars. The idiot dems in Congress want to spend 15 times more than that. It's all lunacy.

Maybe you can argue the Biden tax increase proposals insufficient, but I would argue the Repub tax cuts as excessive.
    Neither one made much difference. Trump's tax cuts amounted to about 25% of his deficits, and Bidens' tax increases, though it is still early to say, will cover perhaps 10 to 20% of his deficit. Revenues are not the problem, it's absolute runaway spending that has no constraints at all.

It's sad to see a perfectly intelligent person like you so committed to liberal dem orthodoxy that you can't even recognize what's right in front of your face.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2020, 04:13 PM
    Blah, blah, blah. Always an excuse to engage in deficit spending. We have never had debt this high, not even in WW2
    The U.S. national debt has ballooned under the administration of President Donald Trump, increasing by nearly $7 trillion in less than four years.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2020, 04:17 PM
    The U.S. national debt has ballooned under the administration of President Donald Trump, increasing by nearly $7 trillion in less than four years.
    The debt under Trump was at 2.3 trillion after 2019, so I don't think your figure is correct. And of course you mention Trump but not Obama, but I don't care. Deficit spending is a terrible idea that has gotten completely out of hand. The dem Congress is as responsible for all of this as Trump is, so they are all guilty to me. I don't care if it's repub or dem, it's a terrible practice. I do know that combining Harris/Biden with a dem House is a recipe for disaster.

http://www.polidiotic.com/by-the-num...2F03%2F2019%29
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2020, 04:22 PM
    The debt under Trump was at 2.3 trillion after 2019, so I don't think your figure is correct.
    I consulted several unrelated sources. Trump outdid himself during the past year.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2020, 04:24 PM
    I consulted several unrelated sources. Trump outdid himself during the past year.
    Fine. Link them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2020, 04:39 PM
    Fine. Link them.
    So you can spit on them? Google is your friend.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2020, 04:50 PM
    So you can spit on them? Googling is your friend.
    Just as I suspected.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2020, 05:34 PM
    Just as I suspected.
    I've done it in the past. Am still wiping off the saliva.
    Expert

Nov 10, 2020, 06:46 PM
    Say hello to my friend Google.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo...h=6ea97c5a4819
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2020, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Perfect link - and from Forbes! Trump is the all-time master of deficit spending and debt. His denial is just another form of his gaslighting which, apparently, is working here on AMHD.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2020, 08:20 PM
    Rather strangely missing (not really) from your article is any evidence supporting your false allegation that Trump ran up 7 tril in debt in only four years. Your own article clearly puts the figure at about half of what you suggested.

Put the saliva back on. You'll need to do a lot better than that.

The Federal deficit is forecast to be 4.6% of GDP in fiscal 2020 while the economy’s real growth rate is a projected to be 2.2%. This growth rate is in-line with the economy growing at essentially 2.1% the last three quarters.
    As shown in the two graphs below, since 1970 the only times, until now, that the deficit has been above 4% of GDP is when there has been a recession.
    That was laughable. The economy contracted enormously in the second quarter. Trump proposed economic stimulus that was about half of what Pelosi wanted to do, so to blame this on Trump is sheer partisanship. But I would completely agree that Trump and the House should not have run deficits in his first three years. He followed Obama's lead in doing so, and that was an enormous mistake.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2020, 09:11 PM
    Rather strangely missing (not really) from your article is any evidence supporting your false allegation that Trump ran up 7 tril in debt in only four years. Your own article clearly puts the figure at about half of what you suggested.

Put the saliva back on. You'll need to do a lot better than that.
    I didn't post that link. Someone else did.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2020, 05:26 AM
    I didn't post that link. Someone else did.
    Very true. I just assumed it was you. My apologies. Still, your claim falls flat by that article. Not a big deal, so we move on.
    Expert

Nov 11, 2020, 08:54 AM
    The dufus debt would have surely risen, maybe doubled given 4 more years.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2020, 09:38 AM
    So if Biden's deficits are doubled, will you be critical of that, or is your standard simply based on partisanship, so it's only bad when Trump does it?
    Expert

Nov 11, 2020, 12:20 PM
    As you have said many times deficit spending during good times is stupid and until covid that's what the dufus did after he claimed the greatest economy ever after being handed a healthy economy.

Given the economy and covid situation Biden has been handed, don't see much choice but to add to the debt, but we'll see won't we.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2020, 01:58 PM
    As you have said many times deficit spending during good times is stupid and until covid that's what the dufus did after he claimed the greatest economy ever after being handed a healthy economy.
    He did just what Obama did in his final five or six years, so was Obama a "dufus" as well? (Please let me answer that one!!! Please, please!!)

Biden has been given an economy that is rapidly recovering and will continue to do so unless he completely botches it. A vaccine will be ready by the end of the year, exactly as Trump has said, so Biden is stepping into a pretty good situation. It will all work out if he doesn't overreact and blow the whole thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Weird Lies On ABC-TV [ 29 Answers ]

It was not simply that President Trump resorted to obvious lies at the ABC News town hall Tuesday night, or that he was rude and ineffective in addressing the terrific, substantive questions from real, undecided voters. His campaign’s bigger worry is that he came across as confused, lost and...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Husband lies to avoid conflict: he lies about who text him, and messaged him. [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for only four months. We have a seven month old daughter and are both still in school. He has always been the type to have many friends that are girls. Once we got married these women still continued to talk to him constantly. One of which text him on his birthday...

Farewell Society [ 11 Answers ]

A life of complete solitude and isolation, that's the life, right? A loser and loner like me does not deserve to be in society around people, besides the world is full of millions and millions of people so much better than me and with a scarcity of resources on the planet my absence would be...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

View more questions Search