Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkelath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 03:20 AM
    New folder.exe virus/spyware
    Hi,

I am hit by new folder.exe. It has disabled my run, task manager, folder options and so on. Is there any way I can get rid of this?

Anyone help...

Prasanth
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 21, 2007, 03:52 AM
    Please start by following curlybens post at this link [its the 2nd post] -- Savage
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/intern...pyware+removal
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 21, 2007, 06:47 AM
    If you aren't very good with computers, you can use the automatic tool that I developed for these situations.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attach...kg_0023349.zip

Just save it to your desktop and unzip it. Then run the program inside.
    If it works correctly, your Registry Editor, Task Manager, and Folder Options should become available once more.

As for the actual virus, it's really hard to do anything about them if I don't know what it is. I'd suggest trying the link that Savage posted, I'm sure it' point you in the right direction.

Good Luck,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Folder.exe [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all I'm new here, I'm a noobs in this site.. I just would like to ask you peeps if someone here encoutered same problem. My computer is infected with worm vb.k as what AVG detected. I creates New Folder.exe in my drives. Then I can't access my registry, msconfig and task manager. I have tried...

Is cmd.exe under lsass.exe a Virus [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a problem that my internet, now a days, is working very slow. I think I''ve got some viruses in my computer and for that I have installed MCAFEE antivirus and its completely up to date. But still the problem ain't solved. while looking into the Process Exdplorer, I saw that the cmd.exe...

Virus/spyware infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, my PC was recently infected with a virus. Now I am a regular user of Crap Cleaner and Ad-Aware (I use both at least twice weekly), but my anti-virus protection was lacking. Anyway I used Norton 2006 to try and rid my PC of the virus but found it largely ineffective. I'm now using Zone...

Possible virus/spyware issue [ 8 Answers ]

I just can't seem to keep our PC's clean! This one appears to be my fault for a change. I downloaded 3DMark2001 SE tonight, and when I installed it, it wouldn't work. Then I decided to run Norton AV and it crashes every time when it hits my download file on my desktop about halfway through. ...

Best spyware and Virus Protection [ 7 Answers ]

I just had to format my hdrive because my virus protection did not catch the viruses. I'm using V-Com that has ghost surf and the built in firewall. I was reading some of the previous posts and some of you sugguested running two virus programs at the same time. Would there be any conflicts doing...

View more questions Search