Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2023, 06:10 AM
    Prayer is the only answer. you can not talk somebody into believing as you do, it's not set up that way. Only the holy spirit can intervene.
    Then why are you trying to talk me into believing that? If you really believed what you just posted, then you would never post on this site. You would only pray, so even you are not following your own advice. But I would agree with you that prayer is the greatest weapon, and I do pray regularly for WG and Athos.

Still, Jesus had discussions with people. Paul had discussions with people . Peter had discussions with people. It's necessary.

Maybe that is all God requires of her at this particular point in time.
    Not according to the Bible.

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever, therefore, shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
    That is talking about having the humility of a child. It is NOT talking about having child-like understanding.

Would you take Paul's word for it? "Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature." Did you see that? "DO NOT BE CHILDREN IN YOUR THINKING." It seems to be very clear.

I've been a child of God for 45 years. How about you?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 9, 2023, 04:00 PM
    Is there any reason why the bunch of you continue going round and round hitting on the same arguments year after year...repeating the same thing, time and time again...thinking the more you speak the more the truth gets out?

Don't you think we have been playing this Word game long enough? That's all it has become and it's become an endless cycle, that leads down a road most traveled.

I entered this thread, not trying to "talk [you] into believing that[.]" - ("That" being the prayer that was initiated). When I initially entered this post It was my desire to invoke God through prayer...I forgot, so it was included in a later post.

I know you pray and we all believe in prayer. I see many Bible verses in these threads, but I don't know If I have ever read a prayer...thought maybe that might be what's missing. I can pray by myself but it is much better when we enter being of one accord.

This thread is a prime example. How'd it go from; "Does Satan really exist?" Too a child-like understanding vs adult thinking?

I am a child of God and have been for all eternity.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2023, 04:10 PM
    Is there any reason why the bunch of you continue going round and round hitting on the same arguments year after year...repeating the same thing, time and time again...thinking the more you speak the more the truth gets out?
    A pretty fair observation. Just bear in mind that you are participating in it.

I am a child of God and have been for all eternity.
    You have existed for all of eternity?

Mar 9, 2023, 04:20 PM
    Just bear in mind that you are participating in it.
    Yes, and that bothers me. I don't understand why it doesn't seem to bother any of you.
    You have existed for all of eternity?
    Came to know life through the breath of God...no worries, you got 45 years on me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2023, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Yes, and that bothers me. I don't understand why it doesn't seem to bother any of you.
    Maybe you can put us on the right path. Are you a Witness?
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2023, 05:05 PM
    I don't understand why it doesn't seem to bother any of you.
    It does bother me. I've mentioned it before, that we talk and talk and talk, and yet no one ever changes his/her mind about anything. But I have learned some things about myself in these conversations.

Mar 9, 2023, 06:17 PM
    Desiring the truth in his Word; Lord Jesus, Forgive us of our sinful nature and bring your word into our hearts, bringing life in understanding. .
    Not according to the Bible.
    How am I able to put this without offending you
    (Prepare to be offended)?

You might have Great knowledge of what's in the Bible. But, you might also be lacking the Wisdom on how to apply said knowledge. A person can read any number of books, subjecting them to his own [limited] personal relationship with the Bible.
    Maybe that is all God requires of her at this particular point in time.
    The wisdom of God, is fulfilling itself in many ways and in diverse manners. It is manifested, therefore, in the infinite variety both of the teaching and the life of the Church - yet one, as embodying but one life, the life of Jesus Christ...discovering itself gradually in such a beautiful and well-ordered variety of dispensations...some can only Dance to it, and some can sing to it.

IT APPEARS - To be well placed in your mind...It's not a code of Law that is to be explained. We don't, all, start from the same school of thought. In other words, It is only something that can be experienced, You can not define it. You can not reduce it to a form of a Creed.

Try getting out of your mind and start listening to your heart.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2023, 06:55 PM
    IT APPEARS - To be well placed in your mind...It's not a code of Law that is to be explained. We don't, all, start from the same school of thought. In other words, It is only something that can be experienced, You can not define it. You can not reduce it to a form of a Creed.

Try getting out of your mind and start listening to your heart.
    We are never told to listen to our hearts. We are told to listen to God.

You can not reduce it to a form of a Creed.
    Of course you can. That's done, for instance, in the first eight verses of Ephesians 2. There are other places as well, and that's not to mention early church creeds such as the Nicene and Apostles' Creeds.

Perhaps I didn't catch your meaning well.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2023, 09:05 AM
    And kindly address the "Godless eternity" and all the rest instead of copping out.
    Those were DW's words. I simply agreed.
    But you've denied its existence. Please explain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Satan and his best friend? [ 2 Answers ]

I was hanging out on the sidewalk of a semi-crowded city street with four friends, just outside of Bearnos. Sitting at a table within the outdoors eatery was a HUGE (I'm talking tall for a Great Dane) slender black dog with a very sleek, shiny coat. It had red eyes with no irises or pupils- just...

Is it possible for satan to ever repent? [ 29 Answers ]

HI, In my 30 yrs. Of being a Christian I have only heard two people make a comment on the possibility of satan repenting. This troubles me to think that some Christians would ever entertain the thought. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with someone that is obviously confused about...

Satan [ 6 Answers ]

When God created angels I understand that Lucifer (Satan) had a different name. Does anyone know that name?

View more questions Search