Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2023, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    It's very important that we learn to read our thoughts as a result of knowing our Bibles, not learning from our Bibles as a result of what we have found in the world.
    I have no idea what this means.

Might I suggest; try and read the Bible as you would any other story...maybe even as a child [trying] to read a children's storybook.
    Yes! That's why the allegory idea works so well as we read stories in the Bible.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2023, 06:24 PM
    Where is that mountain Jesus and Satan were on to see all over the Earth?
    You don't think Satan is capable of projecting an image of the whole world? It says he "showed" him these things, it doesn't say they could see them all from where they were standing. I can look at anywhere on the planet with a few motions of my fingers. Do we really suppose a supernatural being like Satan can't do the same?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2023, 06:31 PM
    Good observation.

"The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world."
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2023, 06:52 PM
    I have no idea what this means
    I have re-iterated. I know I should not edit while posting. I was doing it all the while not knowing there was any response...as you can look at the post again and see no indication of it being edited.

The two of you have gone through all this before...many, many times before.

Might I suggest; try and read the Bible as you would any other story...maybe even as a child [trying] to read a children's storybook.
    Yes. That's why the allegory idea works so well as we read stories in the Bible.
    It's very important that we learn to read our thoughts as a result of knowing our Bibles, not learning from our Bibles as a result of what we have read in our thoughts...(@WG)by "your idea" of thinking, you seem to be falling right into it...and you still don't understand?
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2023, 09:10 PM
    maybe even as a child [trying] to read a children's storybook.
    To have child-like faith can be a good thing, but we should never have child-like understanding.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2023, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    To have child-like faith can be a good thing, but we should never have child-like understanding.
    What understanding should we, of various temperaments and personalities and mental handicaps and illnesses, have?
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2023, 09:55 PM
    Adult understanding. Well informed understanding. Unprejudiced understanding. Truthful understanding.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2023, 09:57 PM
    Terrific response!

And we get that adult understanding how?
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2023, 10:07 PM
    You can start here.

1. Put away childish thinking.
    2. Make truth your goal.
    3. Evidence must come first, and conclusions afterward.
    4. "Study to show yourself approved."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2023, 10:21 PM
    Who can you trust to be a good Christian guide(s) in your life? How do you decide?
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2023, 10:27 PM
    I trust the Bible enlightened by the Holy Spirit. I don't "trust" any person completely. We are all subject to some degree of error. As to who I listen to, I look for people who are faithful to the Bible and who consistently desire to elevate the name of Jesus and make him glorious.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2023, 11:46 PM
    try and read the Bible as you would any other book
    Allow me to put it another way; Maybe try reading the Bible [as a Child of God] would read any other book...having a child of God-like understanding. Putting off (the exact opposite); making truth your goal, and seeking evidence to come forth, using that to make conclusions afterward, using it as a Study guide to show thyself approved unto God.

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word.
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2023, 06:20 AM
    Maybe try reading the Bible [as a Child of God] would read any other book
    I'm not sure what you mean with this. The Bible is not like "any other book". I have read the Bible, and especially the NT, many, many times. My Bible is highlighted in many places, and I have put hundreds of personal notes in it. I pray before I read it. All other books are subject to the truth of the Bible. So I can't read the Bible like "any other book", can I? Help me understand your meaning.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2023, 10:05 AM
    making truth your goal, and seeking evidence to come forth, using that to make conclusions afterward, using it as a Study guide to show thyself approved unto God.
    My truth may not be your truth or my pastor's truth. Seeking evidence for what? Evidence to prove MY truth? And I AM approved by God!
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2023, 10:02 AM
    My truth may not be your truth or my pastor's truth.
    That is true of opinions. It is, by definition, certainly not true of truth.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2023, 10:43 AM
    That is true of opinions. It is, by definition, certainly not true of truth.
    As Pilate once said, "What is Truth?"
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2023, 12:20 PM
    So you are siding with Pilate rather than Jesus who said HE was the truth.

It's just an unbelievably poor argument to suggest that there are many truths. I was surprised to see you go down that road. It is too, too easy to refute.

Please see below.
    In logic, the law of non-contradiction (LNC) (also known as the law of contradiction, principle of non-contradiction (PNC), or the principle of contradiction) states that contradictory propositions cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, e. g. the two propositions "p is the case" and "p is not the case" are mutually exclusive.
    Perhaps you can give us an example of a situation where there are contradictory/nonagreeing propositions that are all true?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2023, 12:46 PM
    Perhaps you can give us an example of a situation where there are contradictory/nonagreeing propositions that are all true?
    Your idea of Hell and my idea of Hell. Your idea of Heaven and my idea of Heaven.
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2023, 12:56 PM
    Nope. Both of our ideas cannot be true. So either one or both of us is wrong, and one or neither of us is correct. In other words, either hell is an eternal place of fiery horror or it's not. You are referring to opinions.

Surely you are smarter than what you are presently displaying. This is grade school stuff.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2023, 01:10 PM
    Nope. Both of our ideas cannot be true.
    Then, since you're the male person, you must be correct and are speaking truth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Satan and his best friend? [ 2 Answers ]

I was hanging out on the sidewalk of a semi-crowded city street with four friends, just outside of Bearnos. Sitting at a table within the outdoors eatery was a HUGE (I'm talking tall for a Great Dane) slender black dog with a very sleek, shiny coat. It had red eyes with no irises or pupils- just...

Is it possible for satan to ever repent? [ 29 Answers ]

HI, In my 30 yrs. Of being a Christian I have only heard two people make a comment on the possibility of satan repenting. This troubles me to think that some Christians would ever entertain the thought. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with someone that is obviously confused about...

Satan [ 6 Answers ]

When God created angels I understand that Lucifer (Satan) had a different name. Does anyone know that name?

View more questions Search