Expert

Sep 29, 2020, 05:06 PM

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2020, 05:16 PM

jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2020, 08:08 PM
    Uhm...you do realize that ACB is a woman???
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 04:31 AM
    What's your point?
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2020, 04:38 AM
    The silly cartoon about the glass ceiling. There is no indication ACB will do anything to hinder women getting promotions. Ridiculous idea. Now she might do something to help preserve the lives of the 450,000 females killed in abortions every year.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2020, 05:30 AM
    Yeah, those democrats sure know how to handle the COVID crisis. "New York City's daily positivity rate tops 3% amid 'alarming increase' in COVID-19 cases." We sure need to elect a dem for pres so he can continue that sterling record. After all, is there any place more locked down that NYC?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/york-citys-daily-positivity-rate-tops-amid-alarming/story?id=73318028
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The silly cartoon about the glass ceiling. There is no indication ACB will do anything to hinder women getting promotions. Ridiculous idea. Now she might do something to help preserve the lives of the 450,000 females killed in abortions every year.
    Talk about silly. It ain't about just promotions, its RIGHTS in general and not just for women, and the right wing tearing down the legacy of a great jurist. That's the fear on the left still in mourning over a great loss and caught in the hypocrisy of conservative politics. The stealing of an Obama pick without the decency of hearings or a vote with the excuse of a coming election was outrageous but not nearly as the push to confirm this nominee before the election.

Yeah, those democrats sure know how to handle the COVID crisis. "New York City's daily positivity rate tops 3% amid 'alarming increase' in COVID-19 cases." We sure need to elect a dem for pres so he can continue that sterling record. After all, is there any place more locked down that NYC?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/york-citys-daily-positivity-rate-tops-amid-alarming/story?id=73318028
    Masks, hygiene, distancing, and lockdowns are all we have for now to combat this virus.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2020, 12:54 PM
    The glass ceiling is largely about promotions. Thus it comes out as, "There is a glass ceiling that prevents women from moving up in a business." The general discussion of rights is a separate area.

Masks, hygiene, distancing, and lockdowns are all we have for now to combat this virus.
    Yeah. Working real well, isn't it? The point, of course, is that Biden's eagerness to have a national lockdown would seem to be foolish in light of the Big Apple's experience.
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 01:47 PM
    The glass ceiling is largely about promotions. Thus it comes out as, "There is a glass ceiling that prevents women from moving up in a business." The general discussion of rights is a separate area.
    I completely understand the need to breakdown large complex issues into smaller discussions and am aware it took decades of tough hard work to be the respected ICON RBG is. Basically I was reacting to your over simplification of the perceived differences between RBG and ACB, with my own. At this point there really is no comparison nor should there be.

Yeah. Working real well, isn't it? The point, of course, is that Biden's eagerness to have a national lockdown would seem to be foolish lot of in light of the Big Apple's experience.
    Well you obviously must contain the virus, ergo shutdown and severely limit human contact and interactions in the affected area. As the level of spread diminishes to manageable levels you open up and deal accordingly. Don't worry, it seems that everybody will get that message sooner or later, and hopefully make proper adjustments. I don't remember Biden saying a national lockdown is appropriate, but he did say it could be very necessary where infection levels and deaths are unmanageably high.

You see what's happening across the country, and a thousand deaths and 40/50 thousand new cases average a day is not good by any means. I'm sure you can agree with that.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2020, 05:02 PM
    Basically I was reacting to your over simplification of the perceived differences between RBG and ACB, with my own. At this point there really is no comparison nor should there be.
    Right.

Well you obviously must contain the virus, ergo shutdown and severely limit human contact and interactions in the affected area.
    That was kind of the point. Who is more committed to that than NYC, and yet they are a basket case.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 05:28 PM
    the inside baseball story behind the NY spike is in the zip codes that it is happening in . By me Spring Valley and Monsey have spiked to over 25% . This is a community with a heavy Orthodox Hassidic population . The same is true in the Brooklyn and Queens districts that spiked .
    Expert

Sep 30, 2020, 06:03 PM
    That was kind of the point. Who is more committed to that than NYC, and yet they are a basket case.
    Maybe so but not a lot of options at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    the inside baseball story behind the NY spike is in the zip codes that it is happening in . By me Spring Valley and Monsey have spiked to over 25% . This is a community with a heavy Orthodox Hassidic population . The same is true in the Brooklyn and Queens districts that spiked .
    Family and generational living conditions I bet. Isolation/quarantine is still the only option.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2020, 06:36 PM
    so now you have the Jews in your sights, showing your Nazi tendencies Tom
    Expert

Oct 1, 2020, 04:24 AM
    I think you misread Tom's post Clete. NY is a huge metropolis made up of many cultures and people. Congested to the max and highly susceptible to this virus. It doesn't take much or long to have a spike with or without a spreader event, and any religious gathering is a spreader event despite all the cautions in the world.

The first NFL game was cancelled, hopefully to be made up later, but the lesson the sports teams are illustrating is isolate and quarantine infected people immediately and with schools trying to open in class, they cannot afford not to keep that option open as a frontline tool to combat this virus. 11 states have spikes in new cases and the pressure to return to normal without a testing/isolation plan is insane.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2020, 04:33 AM
    Great detective work there, Clete, finding out that, yeah, ole Tom is indeed a Nazi. Now you can do your work on finding out his SS connections and the story of his escape from Allied arrest after WW2.

What little credibility Clete had on this site is now completely up in smoke.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2020, 04:36 AM
    you are a moron . There is perhaps no one more supportive of Jews on this board than me . What I gave you is the facts PERIOD !
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/25/n...mmunities.html
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2020, 06:25 AM

What little credibility Clete had on this site is now completely up in smoke.
    So I've joined you in the ranks

you are a moron . There is perhaps no one more supportive of Jews on this board than me . What I gave you is the facts PERIOD !
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/25/n...mmunities.html
    Tom you could have identified religious meetings without being specific to as you stressed orthadox hassidic jews
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2020, 06:46 AM
    why ? It is that specific group that is the problem . il duce ;due to the political correctness you suddenly advocate ,tried to identify the problem by giving the area codes where the spikes occur . Well I live in one of those neighborhoods ;and I can tell you without any doubt ,that the reason we spiked is because the Hassidic community openly defies covid regulations about masks AND especially social distancing . You see the Guv and his minions are quick to come down on Christians who gather to worship . But I have seen a number of times when they overlook this problem .

https://www.recordonline.com/story/n...ks/5797289002/
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2020, 07:25 AM
    Tom you could have identified religious meetings without being specific to as you stressed orthadox hassidic jews
    What a weak, weak defense. Even if it was true, to suggest that Tom is a Nazi was just completely stupid. You would have been much better served to have simply apologized and moved on. I disagree with many on this site including you, but that does not make them a Nazi, racist, or fascist. Disagreement without name calling can actually be done. And before you want to make the equally dumb statement that I have called names, just be aware that I will ask you for specifics.
    Expert

Oct 1, 2020, 08:39 AM
    You're more a nasty insinuating provocateur than a name caller JL, and a smart aleck snob to boot as well as borderline abusive. Me I'm a name caller. No evidence or examples needed for me or you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Sunsilk blonde bombshell color boost [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what would happen if I use sunsilk blondebombshell color BOOST on my dark brown hair? Would it get lighter or it would mess up my hair..

Girlfriend drops a bombshell! [ 7 Answers ]

Well, my girlfirend of 2 years... drops a bombshell, and I need some advice. Sorry about the length... but I really need help... so I wanted you guys to understand... First off, I should start with saying that we are an interracial couple... with a culture difference. That isn't a problem...

View more questions Search