Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2020, 06:02 AM
    Trump Obstructing Truth Re Dr. Fauci
    In a bold move, the Trump Administration is attempting to muzzle Dr. Fauci via emails.

"The emails add to evidence that the White House, and Trump appointees within HHS, are pushing health agencies to promote a political message instead of a scientific one."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-fauci-410861
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2020, 06:18 AM
    Hmmm. Fauci supported Trump against Woodward.

Fauci, the administration’s top infectious diseases expert, was quoted in Woodward’s new book, “Rage,” as disparaging the president’s “rudderless” leadership and saying his “attention span is like a minus number.”
    “If you notice, it was ‘others’ who have said that. You should ask ‘others.’ I don’t recall that at all,” Fauci told Fox News correspondent John Roberts.
    “I didn’t read the book, but according to what I saw in the newspapers, it said, ‘others have said that.’ ”
    Roberts then clarified, “So you would question that account, then?” to which Fauci responded, “Yeah, yeah.”
    Fauci also denied Woodward’s claims that Trump was purposely downplaying the threat of the coronavirus pandemic.
    “I didn’t get any sense that he was distorting anything. In my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had,” Fauci said.
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/09/fauci-...l-that-at-all/
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 04:30 AM
    Big difference between what the dufus says in private to what he says in public as Fauci deftly illusttrated.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2020, 05:08 AM
    We were talking about the reality of what was going on,” Fauci said. “And then we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn’t say anything different than we discussed when we were with him.”
    “So I may not be tuned in to the right thing that they’re talking about, but I didn’t really see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him and what he came out publicly and said.”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...n_private.html
    Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 05:18 AM
    You emphasized the wrong part of the sentence...“So I may not be tuned in to the right thing that they’re talking about, but...".

Fauci would make a good diplomat and hard to not notice he often contradicts the dufus narrative. Yeah he proves he is a dufus with his downplaying the virus to avoid panic, because he could avoid panic with the truth if he wanted too, while not downplaying anything else that he comments on.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 07:14 AM
    He emphasized the part of the interview that blew your contention out of the water. Time to move on from this silly story to the next silly story.

What part of this is eluding you? "And then we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn’t say anything different than we discussed when we were with him.
    Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 07:27 AM
    He probably warned the doctors before hand he would be a lying arsehole at the pressers before he did his lying arsehole routine.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 07:30 AM
    Do you suppose it's possible that the testimony of Fauci shows that you are simply wrong in what you believe? Do you have enough humility to acknowledge that possibility, or does your hatred of Trump exclude that thought from your mind?
    Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 07:52 AM
    I could be wrong, so could you.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2020, 11:22 AM
    Maybe we should follow the evidence.
    Expert

Sep 13, 2020, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Maybe we should follow the evidence.
    Even that seems to be a point of contention, division and perspective. Guess we will just have to do the best we can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump's latest mental confusion about what the truth is. [ 87 Answers ]

This is only the latest in a long series. Yesterday, Trump could no longer place any trust in his National Security Advisor, so he fired him - Michael Flynn. This is Flynn's second dismissal by a sitting president. Today, Trump said Flynn is a "wonderful man" and blamed his dismissal by...

What is the penalty for obstructing an officer during an arrest? [ 2 Answers ]

How much time can be severed for obstructing an officer during an arrest?

View more questions Search