Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 10:48 AM
    More Lies By Barr
    It's worrisome when the chief law enforcement officer in the US tells a blatant lie on national TV, not caring a whit who is watching, and acts as the personal attorney for Trump.

Parroting claims from President Trump, Attorney General William Barr made two consecutive false statements about voting by mail during a CNN interview: “Elections that have been held with mail have found substantial fraud and coercion. For example, we indicted someone in Texas — 1,700 ballots collected from people who could vote, he made them out and voted for the person he wanted to.”

Both statements are false. No one was indicted on a charge of casting 1,700 fraudulent ballots, and voter fraud is so rare in the United States, researchers describe it as a statistical blip whether the ballots are cast in-person or by mail.

The Texas case Barr cited as proof involves one fraudulent ballot, which was caught, not 1,700.

Five states — Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington — use mail ballots as the primary method of voting. In 2018, more than 31 million Americans voted by mail, representing one-quarter of election participants. No major fraud issues have been reported.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2020, 09:00 PM
    Athos you will be starting a lot of threads if you jump on every lie the dufus and his sycophants tell. You're already ten thousand behind so get to typing. 8D
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Athos you will be starting a lot of threads if you jump on every lie the dufus and his sycophants tell. You're already ten thousand behind so get to typing. 8D
    LOL. More like 20,000 behind. I'll never get to all of them before the election, so Trump will have to read them in his jail cell.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2020, 02:28 PM
    No major fraud issues have been reported.
    https://www.njherald.com/news/202006...ing-new-jersey
    Expert

Sep 5, 2020, 02:33 PM
    Got any updates on this story Tom?
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 04:39 AM
    yes there will be a special election in November .

A judge ruled that the councilperson could not take his seat .

https://patersontimes.com/2020/08/31...cial-election/
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 06:20 AM
    A fair enough outcome pending a criminal trial, as was in NC. The system does work.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 08:52 AM
    Didn't say the system doesn't work .....when they are caught .

Al Franken wasn't caught . But the evidence clearly showed he stole the Minnesota Senate seat from Norm Coleman through voter fraud .
    The best way to maintain honest voter registration rolls would be for them to be subject to renewal, just like drivers’ licenses, passports, hunting and fishing licenses, concealed carry permits, etc.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 09:31 AM
    LOL, so the Minnesota State Canvasing Board and the Minnesota Supreme Court aided and abetted the dems voter fraud? You're on a roll Tom, or would SPIN be a better term?

Voter rolls are already subject to review, and we get thousands of purges every year.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2020, 11:03 AM
    Coleman went along with the state Supreme court decision . He probably should've pursued it further just like Nixon should've in 1960 when there was clear evidence of fraud in Illinois .
    The Dems strategy from the start was to manipulate the recount in a way that would discover votes that could add to Franken 's total. They demanded that votes that had been disqualified be added to his count, while others be denied for Coleman. But the deciding fact was the mail in ballots . Franken's flunkies demanded that rejected ballots get counted . They managed to add 1,350 absentee ballots to the total putting Franken over the edge by 312 votes (many of them votes from felons who were not eligible to vote ) . You are right ,the state supreme court was loath to overturn canvassing boards regardless of how corrupt and illegal a process it was . What Coleman lost was not an election . It was the fight to stop the state canvassing board from changing the vote counting rules after the fact.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2020, 11:12 AM
    How come the repubs just didn't admit they were disqualifying legit votes in the first place and saving all the drama? Franken had to have grounds to sue in the first place and obviously he did. or was the court in on it too?
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2020, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Coleman went along with the state Supreme court decision . He probably should've pursued it further just like Nixon should've in 1960 when there was clear evidence of fraud in Illinois .
    The Dems strategy from the start was to manipulate the recount in a way that would discover votes that could add to Franken 's total. They demanded that votes that had been disqualified be added to his count, while others be denied for Coleman. But the deciding fact was the mail in ballots . Franken's flunkies demanded that rejected ballots get counted . They managed to add 1,350 absentee ballots to the total putting Franken over the edge by 312 votes (many of them votes from felons who were not eligible to vote ) . You are right ,the state supreme court was loath to overturn canvassing boards regardless of how corrupt and illegal a process it was . What Coleman lost was not an election . It was the fight to stop the state canvassing board from changing the vote counting rules after the fact.

Tom, you could easily doctor this up and send it over to a loony right-wing website, and, VOILA!, a brand new conspiracy theory.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2020, 04:18 AM
    The truth sometimes is stranger than fiction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Barr Shows Once More He's Clueless About The Law [ 1 Answers ]

AG Fat Man Barr, Trump's consigliere, proves again he is wholly ignorant of the law. His attempt to silence Michael Cohen from exercising his First Amendment rights by throwing Cohen back in jail from house arrest was roundly denounced and reversed by Federal Judge Hallerstein who said he had never...

Is there a statute Barr for ca stu loans [ 1 Answers ]

My loan is 26 years old and I need to declare bankruptcy. Will the loan be added to my bankruptcy, or is it statute barred?

Husband lies to avoid conflict: he lies about who text him, and messaged him. [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for only four months. We have a seven month old daughter and are both still in school. He has always been the type to have many friends that are girls. Once we got married these women still continued to talk to him constantly. One of which text him on his birthday...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

Epstein barr virus [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have epstein barr virus,and did it cause a cyst to develop on your liver?I need advice from a person who suffers with this virus.

View more questions Search