Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 04:16 AM
    Trump's REAL Belief Concerning The American Military
    The following quotes from Trump can be found at The Atlantic magazine, a venerable publishing company since 1857.

https://www.theatlantic.com/

- Cancelling a trip to the American military cemetery near Paris, Trump declined to go, "Why should I go there? It's filled with losers".

- Trump also referred to the 1800 Marines who died at WW1's Belleau Wood as "suckers".

- Re WW1, Trump did not understand why the US fought in that war. "Who were the good guys in this war"?, Trump asked.

- Sen. John McCain spent 5 years as a prisoner of North Vietnam. "He's not a war hero", Trump said. "I like people who weren't captured".

- Trump is against honoring wounded soldiers since "Nobody wants to see amputees".

There's much more at the on-line magazine. It's highly recommended for those who believe Trump supports the military.

In 1997, when asked why he hadn't fought in Vietnam, Trump said his battle was here at home fighting venereal disease. He said he was "very brave" avoiding STDs when he was single.

As a draft dodger, Trump had a doctor create a false diagnosis claiming he had "bone spurs". When queried, Trump could not remember the name of the doctor. However, the doctor's daughters later went public and declared the diagnosis was false and made up by Trump.

The above information is from 4 military sources, from Donald Trump himself, and from the daughters of the doctor noted re "bone spurs".
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2020, 07:48 AM
    - Cancelling a trip to the American military cemetery near Paris, Trump declined to go, "Why should I go there? It's filled with losers".
    Who is the source for this "quote"?

- Trump also referred to the 1800 Marines who died at WW1's Belleau Wood as "suckers".
    Who is the source for this quote?

- Re WW1, Trump did not understand why the US fought in that war. "Who were the good guys in this war"?, Trump asked.
    Who is the source for this quote?

- Sen. John McCain spent 5 years as a prisoner of North Vietnam. "He's not a war hero", Trump said. "I like people who weren't captured".
    Really dumb statement by Trump. Unlike the three above, he did actually say this.

- Trump is against honoring wounded soldiers since "Nobody wants to see amputees".
    Again, who is the source?

I don't pay attention to these unsourced "quotes". Sounds like more desperate attempts by liberals to exhibit their hatred of Trump.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 08:02 AM

Really dumb statement by Trump. Unlike the three above, he did actually say this.
    even dumber because he was repeating a stand up comedy line from Chris Rock . '

Here is the skit (lots of obscenities )

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/apb3z6...-mccain-is-old
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 08:11 AM
    The following quotes from Trump can be found at The Atlantic magazine, a venerable publishing company since 1857.
    I subscribed to Atlantic for years . Then I dropped my subscription about 20 years ago because they became politically biased . Their articles are mostly on line so I read the articles that are more eclectic and avoid the ones that are political .

Trump cancelled because of the weather . Marine One was grounded and he did not want to arrange a motorcade . He sent General Kelly ,Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Gen. Joe Dunford; and several members of the White House staff instead .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2020, 08:30 AM
    This latest article just gets in line with more of the dufus's disrespect for darn near everybody but himself. Amusing how the liar, and constant denigrator of others is upset about someone else "lying" about him.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2020, 08:49 AM
    someone else "lying" about him.
    So you do believe they were lying? Interesting.

It's sad where journalism has gone. Take rumors and print them as fact. It's now so accepted that it's even presented as some sort of evidence on this site when, of course, it is not evidence at all. It's just the same sort of stuff you see everyday on Facebook.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I subscribed to Atlantic for years . Then I dropped my subscription about 20 years ago because they became politically biased
    Translation: They reported the truth re the conservative crowd and, since you didn't approve, it was "politically biased".

Trump cancelled because of the weather
    That's the story the Trumpistas gave. Nobody believed it.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2020, 10:34 AM
    They reported the truth
    Only if you consider "truth" to be a synonym for "unsourced rumors".
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 10:50 AM
    Trump cancelled because of the weather

That's the story the Trumpistas gave. Nobody believed it.
    Except that my source is USA Today Nov 10,2018 . They mocked him for bumping the trip .
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...in/1958788002/

If this was real ,it would've been reported long before now . Pressure for the real sources to reveal themselves . My money is on Gen Kelly ,Mad Dog Mathis; perhaps Bolton (although I kinda doubt that one because it wasn't in his book )
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Except that my source is USA Today Nov 10,2018 . They mocked him for bumping the trip .

Do you really believe a little rain prevented Trump from attending? It didn't prevent other world leaders nor several US generals.

Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 12:48 PM
    Athos Posts: 513, Reputation: 55
    #10 Report

Today, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by tomder55

Do you really believe a little rain prevented Trump from attending? It didn't prevent other world leaders nor several US generals.
    Absolutely do .Marine One was grounded due to the weather . That means there would've been a need to arrange security for a Presidential motorcade, for an hour 1/2 from Paris to Belleau Wood Cemetery at Aisne-Marne .
    Expert

Sep 4, 2020, 01:04 PM
    Do I believe some one close to the dufus was an unnamed source? Absolutely. More than one, two, three or four? FOR SURE!

I doubt any one would admit it!
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 01:06 PM
    Rule out Bolton. He said today he never heard Trump say anything like that. Bolton also says he was there when the decision to not go was made .
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 01:18 PM
    A FOIA request made long ago confirms that the Navy grounded Marine One .

https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/sta...407873/photo/1

Could Trump have still made his comments ? I guess. But the reason he did not go is confirmed .
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2020, 02:42 PM
    Biden strikes again. He has such a dazzling sense of history.

"People fear that which is different. We've got to, for example, why in God's name don't we teach history in history classes? A Black man invented the light bulb, not a White guy named Edison,"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...campaign-event

Do I believe some one close to the dufus was an unnamed source? Absolutely. More than one, two, three or four? FOR SURE!
    This is just Kavanaugh all over again, but worse. Kavanaugh was put through the grinder with no credible evidence and a "star witness" whose memory had holes big enough to drive a truck through. He was investigated for a supposed sexual assault someone NOT named Kavanaugh committed. Well, at least in that case they did have the shaky, non-credible witness. In this case there is absolutely nothing more than some outrageous statements that some mystery person supposedly heard Trump say. Just more Trump hatred from the same people that claim to love tolerance.
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 03:32 PM
    Trump had no choice but to recruit Generals and swamp critters to staff his administration initially . The Generals like Kelly and Mad Dog ,and the diplomatic corp like Bolton had an idea of how American foreign policy should be conducted that went on from administration to administration regardless of which party was in power . I said it before that it did not matter too much who was President because foreign policy was continuous .
    Trump campaigned on changing that and as a result he made enemies along the way amongst the professionals . They have been part of the permanent coup against Trump . They do not accept the fact that Trump intends to make changes .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2020, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Biden strikes again. He has such a dazzling sense of history.

"People fear that which is different. We've got to, for example, why in God's name don't we teach history in history classes? A Black man invented the light bulb, not a White guy named Edison,"
    Biden was very, very close to being correct. Google Lewis Latimer.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...Z9xjuw6U7EzxSn
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2020, 07:30 PM
    Biden was a thousand miles from being correct. It's like saying that the SECOND guy to make an airplane invented powered flight. Biden is clearly just about the only person in the western world who does not know who invented the light bulb. It was clearly said just to pander to the black vote. I would hope it would be considered insulting. OR he is dumb enough to believe it. Surely that's not the case.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2020, 08:31 PM
    trump disses everyone this is not new
    Expert

Sep 4, 2020, 08:57 PM
    A Biden gaffe compared to the thousands of lies by the dufus...REALLY?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Real Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

Answering a question from CNN. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-15bda7138a95a6fe60e0c75252783d0b

Trump's First Kill of an American Citizen [ 129 Answers ]

Trump's words at his TV conference: "A drug called chloroquine—and some people would add to it, hydroxychloroquine—so chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine...it's been around for a long time, so if things don't go as planned it's not going to kill anybody." A husband and wife took Trump's...

Another American Hero Dissed By Trump [ 39 Answers ]

Insulting a soldier who earned medals and was wounded in the line of duty wearing the uniform of his country's Armed Forces, Trump sank to new lows. Making matters worse, this brave soldier's testimony showed that Trump's so-called "transcript" of the notorious phone call to the Ukraine...

Trump Approves Murder of American Journalist [ 145 Answers ]

Trump sycophant Pompeo will meet with Saudi Arabia today when he promises to discuss the brutal murder by Saudi Arabia of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Of course, he will do nothing of the sort. Trump has already approved Khashoggi's execution. Trump clearly signaled that it's...

The Real Trump [ 28 Answers ]

Trump the racist recently pardoned fellow-racist the Sheriff in Arizona whose name will not dignify this message. He was CONVICTED of ordering his police officers to stop UNITED STATES CITIZENS based on the color of their skin and how they "looked". Let me repeat that. The racist sheriff...

View more questions Search