Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 08:14 AM
    Urgent Meeting Called By House To Challenge Post Office Election Interference
    Pelosi is calling special House meeting to stop USPS from it's Trump-demanded illegal interference in the 2020 election.

From News Sources 11:00 am 11/16/2020

The Postal Service is beset with delays because of policy changes implemented by DeJoy, a former logistics executive and ally of President Trump. DeJoy banned postal workers from making extra trips to ensure on-time mail delivery and cracked down on overtime hours. Localities across the country have struggled with USPS backlogs of up to a week, hamstringing local businesses and delaying the arrival of crucial mail items, including prescription medications, Social Security checks and bills.

The Postal Service is in the process of removing 671 high-speed mail-sorting machines nationwide this month, a process that will eliminate 21.4 million items per hour worth of processing capability from the agency’s inventory.

On Thursday and Friday, it began removing public collection boxes in parts of California, New York, Pennsylvania, Oregon and Montana.

Trump continues panic mode anticipating election loss followed by criminal charges and imprisonment.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 09:20 AM
    Is the news source the Compost ? When it was your stimulus check, they wouldn’t delay their 1 month vacation for a second . The post office has run at tremendous losses and inefficiencies for years preceding Trump. Before C-19 it was going to run out of cash by 2024 . I did not see any emergency sessions of Congress to address the issue over the last decade . Volume is way down and has been trending down for years . So why exactly do they need overtime ? There has been no creative addresses to the issues that surround it . Logical suggestions have been nixed by the union before given a chance . Thanks to ludicrous agreements with unions such as the National Postal Mail Handlers Union (NPMHU) and the American Postal Workers Union (APWU), labor costs comprise more than 3/4 of total agency expenses. These unions hold plenty of power, with the full knowledge that, according to federal law, impasses between unions and the USPS will automatically force the hand of the agency into binding arbitration . So they don't need to negotiate in good faith ;and they don't .

Anytime simple reforms like eliminating Saturday delivery, it is met with charges of a conspiracy to privatize (which of course would be the correct course of action.) The Constitution mandates a postal service . It does NOT say it has to be a bloated Federal Agency .The left should be for this because they're always saying we should copy what Europe and Japan are doing, well that should then include postal privatization which is what they did to cut down on wasteful govt spending .

Sorting machines are not being dismantled .
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/polit...=1597589280049
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Is the news source the Compost ? When it was your stimulus check, they wouldn’t delay their 1 month vacation for a second . The post office has run at tremendous losses and inefficiencies for years preceding Trump. Before C-19 it.

.................................................. .. [ skip]...........................

on wasteful govt spending

None of this has anything to do with the present crisis of Trump attempting to derail the Post Office to ensure mail-in ballots are not counted so that Trump gets that much of an edge to steal the 2020 election.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 02:57 PM
    well at least now Congress wants to address chronic deficiencies in the USPS .All it took was them trying to jam mail in balloting as a mandatory system instead of continuing using the tried and true system; that is the recognized worldwide system ;of going to the polling locations where poll watchers verify the results , and the absentee ballots are issued ONLY WHEN REQUESTED !

People jam themselves in lines at big box stores . So being on line is not the problem .
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 03:35 PM
    well at least now Congress wants to address chronic deficiencies in the USPS .All it took was them trying to jam mail in balloting as a mandatory system instead of continuing using the tried and true system; that is the recognized worldwide system ;of going to the polling locations where poll watchers verify the results , and the absentee ballots are issued ONLY WHEN REQUESTED !

People jam themselves in lines at big box stores . So being on line is not the problem .

The nation is going through a Covid crisis. Mailing is a lot safer, especially, for seniors, than waiting for hours on line at polling places.

I go to big box stores. I have NEVER seen people jammed in. The stores insist on masks and social distancing - Walmart, KMart, and grocery stores.

The Post Office financial difficulties are partially from being forced to cover pension funds years into the future.

What other service will deliver a letter from Miami to Fairbanks for 55 cents?

The Post Office should be subsidized by government - as an essential service. Always been like that.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2020, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    The nation is going through a Covid crisis. Mailing is a lot safer, especially, for seniors, than waiting for hours on line at polling places.

I go to big box stores. I have NEVER seen people jammed in. The stores insist on masks and social distancing - Walmart, KMart, and grocery stores.

The Post Office financial difficulties are partially from being forced to cover pension funds years into the future.

What other service will deliver a letter from Miami to Fairbanks for 55 cents?

The Post Office should be subsidized by government - as an essential service. Always been like that.
    The post office should be let off the leash and charge the true cost of transporting a mailed article and should have the most up to date sorting equipment. In the days of CV19 greater demand for postal services has arisen, having nothing to do with elections. The post has always been looked upon as a service with integrity and it should facilitate the electoral process even to the point of identifying the person mailing a ballot
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 03:08 AM
    Congress wants to know why the dufus sycophant is slowing the mail, instead of addressing whatever perceived deficiencies of the system. The Postal Service usually ramps up during the holiday and other events that are on the calendar NOT down.

We agree! Everybody does business ONLINE and The Wall Street model is a perfect example of that so maybe we should all have an electronic voting account and retire those polling places staffed with volunteers.

Haven't seen people jammed in stores since they got the shelves pretty well stocked again.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 01:39 PM
    I have a good idea . Put drop off mail boxes at Walmart .
    Haven't seen people jammed in stores since they got the shelves pretty well stocked again.
    stocked by those essential workers who brave covid every day so you can wipe your arse . Nobody gives a rats arse that BLM and the commie Antifa terrorist jam together every night 'peacefully protesting ' .

For that matter nobody said a peep when the emperor dismantled and removed drop boxes . Reported by the Compost in 2009 so it must be true .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...T2009072403875
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 02:07 PM
    I have a good idea . Put drop off mail boxes at Walmart .
    stocked by those essential workers who brave covid every day so you can wipe your arse . Nobody gives a rats arse that BLM and the commie Antifa terrorist jam together every night 'peacefully protesting ' .
    For that matter nobody said a peep when the emperor dismantled and removed drop boxes . Reported by the Compost in 2009 so it must be true
    In 2009, we were not subject to a pandemic that has already killed over 190,000 Americans. Nearly a million more worldwide.

As for the rest of your post, why not drop the sarcasm and try to get on board to fight the virus. The economy will not work with a pandemic in our midst. Ignore the virus, and there will not be enough survivors to revitalize the economy.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 03:38 PM
    2009 there were 60.8 million cases H1N1 with[FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] 274,304 hospitalizations in the US . However mortality was lower . So yes there was a pandemic.We did not panic and shut the world down .

But that was not the reason the emperor was reducing the number of drop boxes . The reason was and still is the fact that volume of mail had been dropping for years . Even now I look in the towns I live and work in . The post office lobbies are open 24-7 in both towns with drop off for local and out of town deliveries . And yet there are 2 -3 drop boxes outside the post office . The truth is that most people do NOT use drop boxes . They either go direct to the post office or leave their mail in their own mail box . Me I would go much further .Why does every home need a box in front of their house ? Why not have one set of boxes in a central location on the street like apartment complexes have ? There are plenty of ways to streamline the service and still have a dependable service . But it take a person from the private sector who isn't afraid to step on union toes to make it happen . There are at least 3 in the industrial park I work in that I am sure never get used .
    [/FONT]
    "The U.S. Postal Service says it removes 'underperforming' mailboxes – those that collect fewer than 25 pieces of mail a day – after a week-long 'density test,'"
    Even the emperor know that the Post Office was dysfunctional compared to private servers .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqUm...ature=emb_logo
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 05:46 PM
    The reason was and still is the fact that volume of mail had been dropping for years .
    The issue NOW is that Trump wants to eliminate mail-in ballots. All this post office business is beside the point - it's an excellent distraction, tho'.

Trump knows he's losing and he needs to lower the votes cast. Stopping/slowing mailed ballots is one way.

Trump claims the Post Office is a money loser. Of course, it is. It's a SERVICE, not a BUSINESS. The military is a SERVICE. Nobody expects the Army and Navy to be profit centers.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 05:48 PM
    You can't blame the post office Tom it is stuck in the same time warp as the rest of you
    Expert

Aug 17, 2020, 09:06 PM
    Not all of us are stuck in a time warp Clete, but the USPS is subject to the same conditions as the rest of the changing economy, and outside agendas, as well as the current virus crisis.

I know I blame everything on the lying cheating dufus, but everything is his fault. He makes everything worse, not better. Wouldn't matter if he was just an ordinary crook, but he sits in the most powerful seat in the world.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2020, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Not all of us are stuck in a time warp Clete, but the USPS is subject to the same conditions as the rest of the changing economy, and outside agendas, as well as the current virus crisis.

I know I blame everything on the lying cheating dufus, but everything is his fault. He makes everything worse, not better. Wouldn't matter if he was just an ordinary crook, but he sits in the most powerful seat in the world.
    A lot of people put him there Tal, and it was because he said he was going to end the malaise but the obstructionist demonrats prevented him from implementing his promises, everything he tries they get in the way, they act as if they are in power, talk about the tail wagging the dog
    Expert

Aug 18, 2020, 04:06 AM
    We have equal branches of government Clete and sometimes the balance of power swings wildly. We don't have kings, but I suppose trying to be one is no surprise. Fortunately the dufus didn't have enough power to do everything he wants and presidents seldom do, but that's the whole point in checks and balances.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 06:48 AM
    No it is the whole point of interference, Trump was given a mandate he should have been given a chance
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Trump was given a mandate he should have been given a chance
    Trump was not given a mandate. In fact, he lost the popular vote by three million votes. Only a badly designed outdated electoral system gave him the presidency.

As far as blocking him, Trump had no agenda, no platform, nothing, nada - except to undo whatever his predecessor did. He lost on health care and is losing enormously on the pandemic.

He is an incompetent buffoon and is seen as such world wide. Americans are literally dying because of his complete lack of the most basic skills of management. To anyone who could read, this inability was manifest long before he ran for office.
    Expert

Aug 18, 2020, 09:26 AM
    The dufus was given chance and he blew it. There was NO MANDATE, he barely won by less than 100, 000 votes in 5 key states in the Electoral College. Half the country has NEVER approved of him since.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2020, 03:07 PM
    Yeh you lost the election because it isn't predicated in whether you can win a few heavily populated states but in how many states you can win.. You say he is incompetent without addressing that in this equal system there is a durth of management in the other two houses
    Expert

Aug 19, 2020, 03:56 AM
    Repubs are incompetent too, a triple whammy on the country. Course corrections in progress as they lost the house in 2018

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corel print office: urgent [ 1 Answers ]

Need corel print office software for free download, want to design my programme brochure. Please Help.

Post election prognistication [ 70 Answers ]

Hello: What?? No gloating?? Go ahead - gloat. You got 24 hours... Ok, I know why you're not gloating - because the right wing didn't get hired. The left just got fired... And, how about that Sharron Angle? I guess she can use her Second Amendment remedies, now... She didn't get her...

My first meeting with probation office and I don't have the money do I go to jail? [ 5 Answers ]

I got a speeding ticket. Went to court and did not have the money to pay the ticket. Then the judge put me on probation for 90 days. Now it is 12 days later and I have my first visit with my probation officer. I do not have the money for my probation officer. Do they send me to jail? I am not a...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall-switch causing RF interference around house [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My dad had an electrician install a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan/light over his desk upstairs. He also installed a Harbor Breeze wall-switch with an RF remote (bought separately from the fan). The wall-switch has an on/off slide switch for the power; it has a button for the light, and four...

View more questions Search